Addicted to the Scale...

Options
124»

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning.

i don't really consider it an addiction. i'm on maintenance, and the morning number helps me decide what i'll eat that day. my goal is to stay within a five pound range.

if it is an addiction, i can think of worse things to be addicted to.
  • suchick
    suchick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Exactly.
  • CanCur
    CanCur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started three weeks ago and I was addicted to the scale but made my husband hide it from me.
    I think that was a healthy idea.
    My gym does weight ins every first Thursday of the month so Ive convinced myself that should be enough.
  • Sonyakrueger8
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I feel that its good to see the ups and the downs. Again as long as it doesnt unmotivate you!
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I can't help it, I weigh myself every day!
  • microburst20
    Options
    I agree! I find daily weighing motivating. If its up i am more determined. If its down i feel rewarded.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I too weigh myself every morning, it keeps me on track. When I have had a bad day that next mornning is really hard but I get on the scales to shock myself back into a good day.

Some times it works sometimes it doesn't.
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself more than once a week. I find I get too confident when I see the weight loss and I treat myself to more food. My scale just ran out of batteries....Im going to try not to replace them... I have a scale at my gym..I will use that one. I guess we all have to do what works for us...
  • Honey623
    Honey623 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am addicted but I like this addiction. I dont think there is nothing wrong with it. I weigh myself every morning. I like to see how wat I eat affects my body.
  • gizz1970
    gizz1970 Posts: 20
    Options
    I feel weigh control is a journey not a destination . i tend to put to many expectations on myself. I fall in the trap of wanting everything now. instead of enjoy seeing my small goals get accomplished I want the end result yesterday. if you watch a flower grow it is hard to see changes in growth but if you look at it less often you can see bigger changes. I stay away from scales they can be like a compulsion that a gambler has. I have to set daily goals for myself and if I don't accomplish that goal I don"t meet that goal I don't beat my self up . Another trap I fall into is all or nothing thinking or if you want to call it black and white thinking where I do every thing perfectly or if I mess up just a little bit I have to quit. I was good for 50 yards in a 100 yard dash .