Pancakes...how do you eat them?

Options

Replies

• grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    I mash a ripe banana into my pancake mix and and add in blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, cook then serve with maple grove farms syrup in either boysenberry, raspberry or blueberry.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    pancakes are merely the vehicle for the goodness smothered on top. Peanut butter, berries, cool whip. chocolate.
    Real maple syrup--from the sugar bush not the store is simply heaven in my mouth.

but if i'm being healthy i'll make whole wheat pancakes with a chocolate protein powder mixed in. and eat them plain. I make batches of them at a time, freeze and pop in the toaster for a quick snack.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I mash a ripe banana into my pancake mix and and add in blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, cook then serve with maple grove farms syrup in either boysenberry, raspberry or blueberry.
    this sounds soooo good...
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    We're having pancakes for dinner tonight (we love breakfast for dinner...) and I'm looking for an alternative to maple syrup for a topping. Anyone have any ideas?

Jelly
    Flavored syrups like blue berry, raspberry, strawberry...etc!
    Butter

Never been big on all the fruit and toppings people put on their pancakes...
    They make my teeth hurt. :(
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Nut butters, Agave nectar, honey, cooked berries.

I don't use syrup but I usually just put almond butter or agave.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I add some honey to my berries, microwave and put the mixture on my waffles!
  • mum23boys
    mum23boys Posts: 31
    Options
    Fresh strawberries or blueberries. Yummy!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been kind of hooked on peanut butter, nutella and fresh strawberry sandwiches. Now I gotta try that rolled up in a pancake!
  • kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I honestly hardly EVER eat it with butter and syrup, I almost ALWAYS eat it with just a little bit of Jelly or jam.. YUM!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    This morning I put a VERY ripe banana, 2 oz. of Blue Diamond Almond Milk, and 2 Tablespoons Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa (baking cocoa) into the MagicBullet mixer and whipped that up! On the last pancake with the last of the chocolatey goodness I added a spoonful (5g) of Sunflower Seed Butter.... yum!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    This is how I make my pancakes:

I add a couple of scoops of vanilla whey powder and grind up a handful of almonds and add to the mix, then on top I add sugar free jam (usually Marion berry)

Another thing I have done in the past is cook some fresh blue berries with stevia or splenda or a mixture of with a bit of water to make a syrup. It is delish!!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    holy cow this thread is making the salad i am eating taste like garbage...i want a fluffy pancake now :sad:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Nutella and sliced bananas. And whipped cream. That's why I work out. :/
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    all fruit and some whipped cream
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

:love:

:explode:

I may have just made a mess in my shorts...

oh... and I eat my pancakes with a fork. :bigsmile:
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My kids like peanut butter, I like honey, sometimes I will make my own blueberry topping. Pancakes granola and honey with some fruit sounds good to me. We also make chocolate pancakes with chocolate syrup. Oh and another thing my kids have had me make or they have made sense they were wee ones is butterscottch pancakes.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    If I'm being good, just a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. If I'm being naughty, two pancakes with a layer of whipped cream cheese and strawberry slices between and on top. It's godly, but not so great for ya.

Edit to add - If I have bananas that are very ripe, slice them up into a sauce pan and cook with a little bit of butter and a bit of maple syrup. Delicious banana syrup. You can even cheat and add water with maple syrup extract.
  • lisaxanita
    Options
    Apple sauce, microwave, fold, and eat with hands! :)
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Fruits sounds good. i ran out of syrup the other day and put some agave on it and that was really pretty good.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use Maple Grove Farms sugar free butter flavor syrup. It is only 30 calories for 1/4 cup, which I never use that much.

This stufff is amazing. Taste exactly like real syrup. You can have tons for hardly any calories.

I've recently been eating tons of strawberries dipped in vanilla whipped cream for dessert instead of 100s of calories on cake or ice cream. That would awesome on top of pancakes too! Whipped cream is super low calorie too. 25 calories per serving.