Pizza - The Great Debate

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    EAST COAST HANDS DOWN!!! We are not wussies with our Pizza's and actually put meat on it!!!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    The debate is between New York and Chicago. The west coast doesn't even get a seat at the table in the great pizza debate.

Haha, yeah, I admit, I don't even think about the West coast when it comes to pizza.

East coast all the way. I like NY style...do NOT like Chicago or Sicilian-style, either. I've heard from my family and many friends who live in/visit Boston say that Boston has the best pizza, hands down. Hopefully one day I can do a taste test myself!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    They don't even know what Sicilian pizza or tomato pie is out here :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    They don't even know what Sicilian pizza or tomato pie is out here :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Weirdos....
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    Of course for those of us watching our figures...St. Louis style is the way to go :)

But, to answer the question...

Pizza is like sex...even when it is bad it is still pretty darn good.
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The debate is between New York and Chicago. The west coast doesn't even get a seat at the table in the great pizza debate.

Yup.

And I vote NY.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

being from the west coast, i cant agree more... our pizza sucks. the best pizza i've had here was a pizza place that claimed they were authentic new york pizza..

i would love to try pizza from new york for real, it sounds delicious..

Can I quote you? NO ONE out here believes me that the pizza is terrible...they all claim East Coast pizza is cheesy cardboard!

yeah, most west coaster, especially Californians, cant face that we're not the best in the world. very snobby...

i'm also snobby, but about how beautiful it is here. the people you can have, i cant stand most of the people here in good ol' CA, they're the worst part about living here.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    Oh god, one of the things I really miss about the States is NY style pizza. West coast? Doesn't even register - and yes, I've lived on both coasts.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

No.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

BLASPHEMOUS! Back into the pit demon-person --> LOL!!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i don't actually like pizza, it's most likely because i'm from LA. but i'll go back to Italy and have pizza there. (maybe lol)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

No.

Yes, it is.
    And just as everything, it's a matter of opinion.

I could live w/ out pizza. But nothing special about Chicago or NY style.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

facepalm.jpg
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Now I want a pizza... Thanks
  • phillieschic
    Options
    East Coast vs. West Coast...who has the best??

Obviously, being from the Philly area...I KNOW the East Coast has the best. My personal favorite is the Delaware-based Grotto Pizza...I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Being a transplant to the West Coast, I constantly get into debates with the people out here over which is better. So, I bring the debate to MFP.

Oh, P.S. since Chicago is EAST of the Mississippi, Chicago-style counts as "East Coast" :bigsmile:

EAST COAST!
    I'm going with 3 Brothers Pizza found on the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ (and a few other Jersey shore beaches as well). Biggest slice ever...best thin crust...AMAZING!!!!

And I live right down the road from a Grotto's (in Newark, Delaware). I'm so over their pizza! LOL...especially after getting addicted to 3 Brothers at the shore! :)
  • EndofEternity
    Options
    I like both. New York style is better though.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I had NY style pizza and I have to say, not all that impressed. Best pizza? Pizzi’s Café and Rainbow Café right where I live! Love that there are so many Italian transplants here!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

This. And I vote New York.