Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

No.

Yes, it is.
    And just as everything, it's a matter of opinion.

I could live w/ out pizza. But nothing special about Chicago or NY style.

So why did you post in this thread exactly?

Just to annoy you.

Sweet! I need some entertainment.

Pizza hut > *
    That clearly cements that pizza is pizza.

Go.

Only if we make it a food fight! Meet you there.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Pizza hut > *

Go.

Mmm...cinna-sticks...nom, nom, nom...
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Pizza is like sex...even when it is bad it is still pretty darn good.

:laugh:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Of course for those of us watching our figures...St. Louis style is the way to go :)

St. Louis style is ALWAYS the way to go!
    Give me Imo's or give me death!
    :)

My husband is from STL. I have to say- Imo's has a special place in my heart. And their salad with the mozzarella in it is awesome!
  • aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Whoa now. Don't count the west out. Back in Idaho, the best pizza you'll ever meet is at the Idaho Pizza company. Hoy damn.

And up here in Washington, check out Pizzazz Pizza. It'll blow your mind.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    the best pizza place in the U.S. is in Phoenix. Pizzeria Bianco

form wiki

Pizzeria Bianco has been rated as the best pizza in the US by Bon Appétit,[14] the New York Times,[1] Vogue,[3] and Rachel Ray,[15] and has also been recognized by Martha Stewart,[2] Oprah,[8] GQ,[16] Gourmet[10] and was named to GAYOT.com's list of the Top 10 Pizza Restaurants in the U.S.[17] Chef Chris Bianco won James Beard Foundation Best Chef: Southwest for 2003 (the only pizza chef to have won a regional award)[5][18] and the restaurant received a nearly perfect Zagat score of 29 in 2000.[3] Pizzeria Bianco was featured in Peter Reinhart's book American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza.[9]
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Pffft...Tombstone > *
  • alexis1201
    Options
    JOHN'S PIZZA IN NYC IS BY FAR THE BEST PIZZA EVER!! ITS ON W.44TH ST OFF BROADWAY!! GREATEST PIZZA YOU WILL EVER EAT!!
  • aion26
    aion26 Posts: 14
    Options
    Chicago style thin crust cut into little squares (the stuff I grew up on) is the best. End of debate ;)

That being said, I like NYC pizza too, specifically from Grimaldi's in Brooklyn (yum).
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    the best pizza place in the U.S. is in Phoenix. Pizzeria Bianco

form wiki

Pizzeria Bianco has been rated as the best pizza in the US by Bon Appétit,[14] the New York Times,[1] Vogue,[3] and Rachel Ray,[15] and has also been recognized by Martha Stewart,[2] Oprah,[8] GQ,[16] Gourmet[10] and was named to GAYOT.com's list of the Top 10 Pizza Restaurants in the U.S.[17] Chef Chris Bianco won James Beard Foundation Best Chef: Southwest for 2003 (the only pizza chef to have won a regional award)[5][18] and the restaurant received a nearly perfect Zagat score of 29 in 2000.[3] Pizzeria Bianco was featured in Peter Reinhart's book American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza.[9]

Rachel Ray? Oprah? Martha Stewart?

LMAO. Who gives a damn what those idiots have to say about pizza.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    The debate is between New York and Chicago. The west coast doesn't even get a seat at the table in the great pizza debate.

All I know is I loved the NY style pizza and could probably eat the stuff every day. Haven't been to Chicago so I don't think I have much else to offer.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

No.

Yes, it is.
    And just as everything, it's a matter of opinion.

I could live w/ out pizza. But nothing special about Chicago or NY style.

So why did you post in this thread exactly?

Just to annoy you.

Sweet! I need some entertainment.

Pizza hut > *
    That clearly cements that pizza is pizza.

Go.

Only if we make it a food fight! Meet you there.

Be prepared to duck.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    FUHGETABOUTIT...east coast, hands down. Brooklyn knows pizza....Di Fara's, L & B Spumoni Gardens just to name a few!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The debate isn't even East vs West, it's NY pizza > all.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, NY pizza wins. And while I've had awesome pizza there, the best pizza in this country is at Home Slice in Austin, Texas. Zito's, in Orange County, CA is my absolute favorite local pizza joint.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    Whoa now. Don't count the west out. Back in Idaho, the best pizza you'll ever meet is at the Idaho Pizza company. Hoy damn.

And up here in Washington, check out Pizzazz Pizza. It'll blow your mind.

West is counted out on pizza & burgers.

Sorry, In n Out just doesn't hold a candle.
    and animal style tastes like warm thousand island that's been sitting in the sun.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    FUHGETABOUTIT...east coast, hands down. Brooklyn knows pizza....Di Fara's, L & B Spumoni Gardens just to name a few!

y'all got a pizza hut? that's what's up.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the pizza stands in Rome where they fold the pizza in half to make it easier eat. That was damn good pizza. Also, gelato.

Ditto - best pizza I ever had was at a little bistro in Venice. It had a flatbread-like stone baked crust with fresh vegetables, drizzled with olive oil instead of red sauce, proscuitto, and FRESH mozzerella cheese. It was made in this outdoor oven and had a smoked flavor. My mouth still waters when I think about it
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My God. NY.

Grimaldi's
    Lombardi's
    Totonno's
    Arturo's
    Zero Otto

And my personal fav- Patricia's in the Morris Park section of the Bronx.

Even some of the twelve "original" Ray's Pizza is good- especially at 3am after drinking my face off.

How could I forget Grimaldi's? Shame on me!