I sometimes hate Texas!!

Options

Replies

• butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southeast TX and it's been beautiful here all day. But, I do know how the weather changes so much here! I call it bipolar weather. :)

omg! i do too!! it was so pretty yesterday here in dallas and today omg tornado warnings, 18 wheelers flying around like they are paper!!

I actually dont mind the rain i just hate tornadoes!!

I'm in Houston. Yesterday, we had a totally unexpected torrential downpour. Today - gorgeous. Though, it is already getting too hot and humid for my tastes... even though I have lived here my whole life!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    <---- LOVES texas
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Reasons to hate Texas............................the Cowboys reside there. Nuff said.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    Abilene, TX here. Right smack dab in the middle of tornado alley... *sigh*... and this is just the beginning of tornado season... ugh... It was hailing this morning and then the sun comes out shining bright.. yay for Texas weather... LOL :explode:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I love it during winter and spring! perfect temperatures sunny and flirty one day and then the day after a day like today! I was stuck at work during the middle of a tornado party!!!

any suggestions on non-volitile states i can move to??

Phoenix is about as non volatile as it gets. no hurricanes, tornados etc... it hardly even rains...sure its hot in the summer for a few months but its dry and much easier to handle than 95 with high humidity. and the rest of the year its perfect.
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    I have lived in Dallas...near perfect except for those naders! I live in Houston now...too humid!!! And we did have a tornado touch down near my house in January. I lived in Oregon for 37 years. Don't know if I could do that much rain ever again...but summer is a perfect 83 degrees with LOW humidity! They do get earthquakes there, too. Just not as often as CA...
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Reasons to hate Texas............................the Cowboys reside there. Nuff said.

IDEA Fitness member

Thank god for the Patriots!!! I will never follow J.Jones, idiot
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Hawaii!!! :) we only get hit by hurricanes once every so many years and it's only the Big Island and Kauai that really gets it bad... I mean I think every place has something we have to be ready for!
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    I LOVE it here...except for days like today. Spent the entire afternoon watching the skys, looking for tornados, dodging hail, calling family and friends to make sure everyone is ok. THAT gets a little nerve-racking. Thankfully everyone I know is ok.

I did the exact samething!!! everyone was ok and i was able to communicate with them but i dnt get off until 5 today and i am pretty sure my poor pup is shaking in his crate! =(
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    houston/spring/woodlands here - i love texas, maybe not the people... but the weather is fine, this hot and humid stuff gets me motivated to get outside and sweat!
  • Andie_loops
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Thank god for the Patriots!!! I will never follow J.Jones, idiot

omg! like like like LIKE to both comments!!!! =D
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    california is pretty good i mean sure we have the occasional earthquake but nothing horrible or worse than that. nice weather, especially in socal. norcal less fires! :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Spring?????? Winter??????

I lived in TX for 13 years. When I first got there in 88/89 there was snow.....and then every year after it got less and less and less, so the when I left in 2000 there was like one day of mildly cool weather. Spring was about the same, a little bit of tolerable weather then BAM Hot Hot Hot Hot. It was San Antonio though, a little closer than some to border. Tornadoes seem to be occuring in many places that haven't really had a history of them so in reality no where is safe from the weather nowadys.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I seriously get that!!! Houston/Katy here and the weather is WACK this week!!

can wait for the humidity to hit! Yey us!! (Sarcasm)
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I live in Euless, and work in Ft. Worth. The sirens went of this afternoon and we all had to pile up in the restrooms!!! :laugh: I'll keep TX. We have more good days than bad... :wink:

Love me some Texas... I just HATE the summers... TOO HOT!!! :sad:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There are none...

Northeast: blizzards, ice storms & Noreasters

South: hurricanes; suffocating humidity

Midwest: tornadoes; blistering heat

North: blizzards, double-digit negative degree temps

West: fires, mudslides, blizzards, earthquakes (don't know how I could've forgotten those)

Northwest: rain...rain...rain...more rain...oh & rain...

Good luck...
    You missed southwest. The only thing we have here is blistering heat in the summer and the occasional flooding issue when we get too much rain all at once. Otherwise there are no earthquakes, winter storms, no tornados and very little humidity.

Come join us here in the TRUE sunshine state of Arizona.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Mississippi.... two seasons.... hot and hotter. Tornados, rain, and heat.

We used to have ice storms, but that was a long time ago. We'll get a cold spurt in the 'winter' that lasts two days or so.

HOT :devil: :explode:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I love it during winter and spring! perfect temperatures sunny and flirty one day and then the day after a day like today! I was stuck at work during the middle of a tornado party!!!

any suggestions on non-volitile states i can move to??

Phoenix is about as non volatile as it gets. no hurricanes, tornados etc... it hardly even rains...sure its hot in the summer for a few months but its dry and much easier to handle than 95 with high humidity. and the rest of the year its perfect.
    You forgot the occasional haboob!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hawaii!!! :) we only get hit by hurricanes once every so many years and it's only the Big Island and Kauai that really gets it bad... I mean I think every place has something we have to be ready for!

OK, I've never met you, but hate you... :wink: SOOOO jealous!!!! :heart:
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on this one. I hate Texas! And it's solely due to the horrible weather we have. Born & raised here and can't wait to escape. Both kids are grown & almost out of the house and I thought I would be able to move far, far away to parts unknown this October when my lease is up. But last July my mother had a triple bypass, then fell and broke her hip & arm a few months later. Now I feel like I need to stick around at least another couple of years in case she needs me. In the meantime, I continue to dream of New Zealand. Or Oregon. I could do Oregon.