I sometimes hate Texas!!

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm in Austin and the weather is AH-MAZE-ING! Maybe because Dallas sucks?

Why all the hating on my Dallas?! It's a wonderful place...

IDK, I've only been there once and it was WAY too busy for me.
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    Dallas, Texas is the most fabulous place on Earth. Why would you want to leave? :love:

&Don't hate on my Cowboys!!!!! :mad:

&&Calfiornia SUCKS! Every year I'm about to die from smoke inhalation and the fear that my school is going to be toasted to a crisp. The nights are freezing, the days are hot, I have to change clothes when the sun goes down! It is NOT 70 all year long, that is a lie! It gets flipping cold and REALLY hot! It rains, there's no damn drainage so it looks like a damn flood just went on outside as it annoyingly sprinkles. But maybe all of this is just the Inland Empire. It could just be the Inland Empire.

Oh and don't get me started on the traffic....

I wouldn't hate on the cowboys if they replaced their quarterback!! i had high hopes that they would go out for manning... guess i gotta keep dreaming lol
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh I hated Texas (not even sometimes) for the first 21 years of my life. Then I moved away to the lovely land of New Mexico with its mountains, dry heat, no humidity and actual 4 seasons instead of just hot, hot, hot and 2 weeks of cool. Now unfortunately the military is sending us back to Texas but I'm hoping it will be better this time around as I will be closer to the middle of the state instead of the coast.
  • whallvr
    whallvr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Reasons to hate Texas............................the Cowboys reside there. Nuff said.

Haha I agree!!!
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    untitled-11.jpg
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I live in Euless, and work in Ft. Worth. The sirens went of this afternoon and we all had to pile up in the restrooms!!! :laugh: I'll keep TX. We have more good days than bad... :wink:

Love me some Texas... I just HATE the summers... TOO HOT!!! :sad:

I agree! The summers aren't always so dang hot...let's just hope for a slightly cooler summer than last year...YUCK!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    come to canada! living atop the canadian shield means zero of that wild weather!
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dallas, Texas is the most fabulous place on Earth. Why would you want to leave? :love:

&&Calfiornia SUCKS! Every year I'm about to die from smoke inhalation and the fear that my school is going to be toasted to a crisp. The nights are freezing, the days are hot, I have to change clothes when the sun goes down! It is NOT 70 all year long, that is a lie! It gets flipping cold and REALLY hot! It rains, there's no damn drainage so it looks like a damn flood just went on outside as it annoyingly sprinkles. But maybe all of this is just the Inland Empire. It could just be the Inland Empire.

I wouldn't hate on the cowboys if they replaced their quarterback!! i had high hopes that they would go out for manning... guess i gotta keep dreaming lol

Tony Romo makes my soul hurt.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

OMG, I can't even explain how madly I was praying they'd trade Romo for a couple draft picks and pick up Manning. I was literally PRAYING for it. I am a die hard Cowboys fan, win or lose, but Romo is awful.

Can you imagine how badass the Peyton Manning/Dez Bryant combo would be? Sigh.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well, we do have tornadoes in WI, BUT most homes (and a lot of businesses) have BASEMENTS in WI. Makes a huge difference in a tornado. A couple of years ago an entire town nearby was wiped off the map. There were no serious injuries, no fatalities. Everyone got to a basement, and basements don't blow away with the rest of the house.

This is all true, no major tornadoes in years, thankfully!

With the exception of this mild winter, the snow blows :\

But I can't complain about our beautiful Springs, Summers, and Falls!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Oh I hated Texas (not even sometimes) for the first 21 years of my life. Then I moved away to the lovely land of New Mexico with its mountains, dry heat, no humidity and actual 4 seasons instead of just hot, hot, hot and 2 weeks of cool. Now unfortunately the military is sending us back to Texas but I'm hoping it will be better this time around as I will be closer to the middle of the state instead of the coast.

Fort Hood I'm assuming? It's between Waco and Austin, much less humid than the coast area :)
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    <---- LOVES texas

Ditto. You don't like it here? Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
  • chelseelovesyou
    Options
    I'm in Austin and the weather is AH-MAZE-ING! Maybe because Dallas sucks?

Why all the hating on my Dallas?! It's a wonderful place...

IDK, I've only been there once and it was WAY too busy for me.

This is how I feel about LA. :cry: GET ME OUT OF HERE!
    I love Austin though, it drives me to drink (in the best of ways) :drinker:
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I love it during winter and spring! perfect temperatures sunny and flirty one day and then the day after a day like today! I was stuck at work during the middle of a tornado party!!!

any suggestions on non-volitile states i can move to??

Don't come to Saint Louis. We have had days where it was 70 degrees in the morning and snowing by the afternoon. I am not kidding, it actually happened.

Living in the middle of the jetstream sucks. Few hundred miles east of here is much better, like Louisville, but they still get tornadoes on a rare occasion.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, let's give Dallas our prayers! Ugh, they're having a tough day. :frown: Arizona is pretty good though, as long as you don't get stuck out in the desert with no water. :glasses:
  • chelseelovesyou
    Options

OMG, I can't even explain how madly I was praying they'd trade Romo for a couple draft picks and pick up Manning. I was literally PRAYING for it. I am a die hard Cowboys fan, win or lose, but Romo is awful.

Can you imagine how badass the Peyton Manning/Dez Bryant combo would be? Sigh.

:love: :smokin: :smile: :love: :heart: :drinker:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There are none...

Northeast: blizzards, ice storms & Noreasters

South: hurricanes; suffocating humidity

Midwest: tornadoes; blistering heat

North: blizzards, double-digit negative degree temps

West: fires, mudslides, blizzards, earthquakes (don't know how I could've forgotten those)

Northwest: rain...rain...rain...more rain...oh & rain...

Good luck...

^^^ This.

Besides, the tornadoes have given me a good reason to not be able to focus on work... ;-) Especially, since all I want to do is go check on my house and furbabies...
  • jsalas979
    Options
    Be careful up there! Just saw the damage. But I do know how you feel with the bipolar weather we have in the state. Can't really ever put your summer/spring clothes up because it can snow one day and be sunny and 80 degrees the next.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Tony Romo makes my soul hurt.
    [/quote]

He makes everyone's eyes hurt too from rolling them constantly. I grew up a cowboys fan from 4 yrs old. When JJ is gone and someone knows how to manage the team i MIGHT watch until then they suck I dont care if im born texan.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southeast TX and it's been beautiful here all day. But, I do know how the weather changes so much here! I call it bipolar weather. :)

this also describes North West Texas weather. Up here in the Amarillo area it is part of tornado alley. We are used to that kind of weather, but it is still scary.