I sometimes hate Texas!!

Options

Replies

• butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Reasons to hate Texas............................the Cowboys reside there. Nuff said.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That is only a reason to hate Dallas ;)
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ive been glued to the computer watching the tornado outbreak. I am from Dallas but living in Arkansas. All my family and friends are there. I grew up in Lancaster/Desoto and I am shaken up just by seeing the damages on TV.

In northwest arkansas our weather is usually pretty good
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    Live in Austin, born and raised in texas. Cant say i miss 6 months of blizzard as some states have. Its a trade off anywhere you go. Weather is everywhere, no one is safe from snow, rain or tornadoes

I love the rain! i dont mind the humidity even though it makes my hair like monica's from friends (i know i'm pretty lame) i just cannot deal with tornatoes! i am perfectly fine around blood and guts dead ppl and what not but tornatoes noooooo!!!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Southern California is great! An earthquake here and there, but it'll be 2yrs on Easter since I felt one and it was small. Weather is average 70's all yr an occasional rainy or windy day, summer gets over 100, but that's what lakes, beaches and the mountains are for all within an 1hr, let me remind you and if your not going anywhere, that's what the a/c is for ;)
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    I feel ya on this one. I hate Texas! And it's solely due to the horrible weather we have. Born & raised here and can't wait to escape. Both kids are grown & almost out of the house and I thought I would be able to move far, far away to parts unknown this October when my lease is up. But last July my mother had a triple bypass, then fell and broke her hip & arm a few months later. Now I feel like I need to stick around at least another couple of years in case she needs me. In the meantime, I continue to dream of New Zealand. Or Oregon. I could do Oregon.

New Zealand sounds amazing right about now!!! i do love texas just not the crazy bipolar weather we have!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    you must be in Dallas. LOL i'm in houston, it sucks.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hawaii. Runs between 60-85 pretty much all year long (this includes night temps). The only thing that you really have to worry about is the cost of living and the occasional hurricane, but hurricanes are pretty rare.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Idaho. Nothing happens in Idaho!

We get no tornadoes or earthquakes.

We get a bunch of snow if you move to the mountains but down in the Treasure Valley it's as calm as can be.

There is also a risk of fires in the summer but that's normally in the mountains.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I won't lie, regardless of the schizophrenic weather, I wouldn't want to call any place besides Austin, TX my home :) I love this place, crazy weather and all!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Arizona also has no natural disasters and, when I say it is a 'dry heat' and that it really isn't that bad, believe me. I *love* it here.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Reasons to hate Texas............................the Cowboys reside there. Nuff said.

IDEA Fitness member

You're both dead to me.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

^^^THIS!
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dallas, Texas is the most fabulous place on Earth. Why would you want to leave? :love:

&Don't hate on my Cowboys!!!!! :mad:

&&Calfiornia SUCKS! Every year I'm about to die from smoke inhalation and the fear that my school is going to be toasted to a crisp. The nights are freezing, the days are hot, I have to change clothes when the sun goes down! It is NOT 70 all year long, that is a lie! It gets flipping cold and REALLY hot! It rains, there's no damn drainage so it looks like a damn flood just went on outside as it annoyingly sprinkles. But maybe all of this is just the Inland Empire. It could just be the Inland Empire.

Oh and don't get me started on the traffic....
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm in Austin and the weather is AH-MAZE-ING! Maybe because Dallas sucks?
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in the SW Fort Worth/Benbrook area and when this kind of weather hits all you see are radars up on just about every desk you walk by (me included, ha). I'm thankful the tornados went right by us.
  • chelseelovesyou
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

You're both dead to me.

^^this!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Arizona also has no natural disasters and, when I say it is a 'dry heat' and that it really isn't that bad, believe me. I *love* it here.

My oven is a dry heat, but I wouldn't want to live in it either.
    I kid (kind of). I've been to the Phoenix area a number of times and really liked it. I'd love to see other parts of the state but didn't have too much of an opportunity.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    will be traveling to Texas (Dallas) Thursday. Freaked me out a little with the Tornado that touched down :frown:
  • chelseelovesyou
    Options
    I'm in Austin and the weather is AH-MAZE-ING! Maybe because Dallas sucks?

Why all the hating on my Dallas?! It's a wonderful place...
  • Footballgirly
    Options
    I live in Southern Idaho (Boise area) low humidity, mild winters- the snow usually stays in the mountains, gets hot in the summer but with no humidity not even close to as hot as Texas (I used to live in Arlington). We have definate seasons here even though sometimes the 'Fall' and 'Spring' tend to get a little lost but today it is high of 69 low of 45...it is Spring!