Strange foods your pet likes

Options
1235»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My cat Gypsy once stole a Pop Tart off my desk and ate half of it. She also likes tortilla chips. Nobody else has any interest in people foods, but my Pippin-cat is obsessed with beer bottle caps. He likes playing with them, and will root through the garbage can any time my husband opens a bottle.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My moms cat Timmy loves marshmallows. She doesn't give him the whole thing, but holds it so he can take little nibbles off it. I used to have a horse named Irish that loved Chips Ahoy cookies lol. :smile:

I thought I had the only marshmallow-loving cat! He once got into a bag of mini marshmallows in the middle of the night. I woke up to about 50 marshmallows (that he had licked) all stuck in my living room carpet! He also eats shredded cheese and will dip his paw in tea or coffee. My dog will eat pretty much anything. But if you are eating Doritos he will sit and stare at you while drooling profusely.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My cat likes Frank's Red Hot Sauce. It doesn't matter what it's on she licks it off.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My cat likes chips, popcorn, dog food, fortune cookies, and peanut butter. My dog likes cat poop.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    My cat Gypsy once stole a Pop Tart off my desk and ate half of it. She also likes tortilla chips. Nobody else has any interest in people foods, but my Pippin-cat is obsessed with beer bottle caps. He likes playing with them, and will root through the garbage can any time my husband opens a bottle.

The beer caps thing is funny. My cat goes NUTS over the plastic ring that comes off the milk when you first open a jug. In fact I fished 9 rings out from under the couch tonight.

Also if you put ice cubes in his water he will get them out with his paw then look at you like "put it back, put it back!". He also has some odd fixation with the water/ice maker in the fridge door. Anytime he hears it he comes running from wherever he is in the house and will sit under it until you're done.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The beer caps thing is funny. My cat goes NUTS over the plastic ring that comes off the milk when you first open a jug. In fact I fished 9 rings out from under the couch tonight.

Also if you put ice cubes in his water he will get them out with his paw then look at you like "put it back, put it back!". He also has some odd fixation with the water/ice maker in the fridge door. Anytime he hears it he comes running from wherever he is in the house and will sit under it until you're done.

My cat steals them and brings them to my bed for me like they are presents. She also brings rocks, dog food, bottle caps and anything else she can find. I'm scared one day she will catch a mouse and hide it in my bed!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    My cat loved White Castle. At the sound of the package opening he would be at your feet, rip<3
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My Black Lab will eat almost anything, and I mean anything . I swear he is part Billy Goat, we have to watch him, if he can chew it it will be eatten. If he initally does not like something he will roll on it and play with it until he finds it palatible.
    Had a Newfoundland who use to help herself to raw potatoes.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My dog licks her *kitten* like she enjoys it, I don't think she prefers anything any more "tasty"

Hahah, that reminds me of something my cat did the other day. I had just finished working out and taken my shoes off. My cat started batting at my feet and chewing on my toe. I said (yes, I talk to the cat), "That's got to be the worst thing you'll ever taste".

He then turned around and started licking his rear end. I guess I was wrong.

OMG!! Haha thank you for that laugh!!! I needed that today :-)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My cat is obsessed with goldfish crackers.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My cat loves cantaloupe. I discovered this when I first got him and was cutting one. He came in and started demanding it like he does when I open a can of tuna. He also loves cottage cheese. It's kind of funny, because he's awfully fat for someone who likes those things. He was fat when I got him, and I can't seem to get him to lose any weight. Love him!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My pu$$y cat loves cheddar jalepeno cheetos. But won't touch the regular ones. She is too much like me...
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I have a little fluffy orange tabby. He LOVES red pasta sauce to the point he will lick a plate CLEAN!!!!

The dog will steal bread before ANYTHING else. She also loves tortilla chips.

JM
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My dogs literally eat everything. They love squash, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, apples, bananas, oranges, onions, lettuce, spinach...and really probably everything you give them.

They also eat things they aren't supposed to like phone chargers, laptop chargers, anything plugged into the wall, drywall, drywall dust, anything wooden, anything plastic, their crates, the trash, paper towels, tampons, clothes, again...they pretty much have eaten everything ha. I still love them and they are both still alive.
  • WeirdAlpha
    Options
    I found this blog by looking up if it was ok for my cat to eat apples. My cat just went nuts over a Honey Crisp apple I was eating, He even tried to pull it out if my hand. I let him lick the core when I was done and he ate it ravenously. He doesnt have his canine teeth so he couldn't get a good bite into it, so i started carving out peices with the only thing i had in arms reach, a straw. This is the cool part. You can carve around the apple and it packs in the straw like a push up popsicle i guess. I squeezed small tube shaped apples pieces out of the tip of the straw and he pulled them out and ate them. They were the perfect size. Thought I'd share that tip. hah!
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    my parrot>> eats rose petals??? dont get it but its sure cute to watch lolzz
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My one cat won't eat any people food. The other one loves biscuits and Reddi whip from the can (thanks to my son)
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    home made pumpkin loaf