How much did you weigh when you graduated high school?

Options

Replies

• brightongirltoo
    Options
    20 years ago I weighed 125-135 and I am 5'4
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". I weighed 136 pounds and thought I was fat.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I think I weighed 155. I thought I was HUGE!!!! I believe I fit into a size 10 at the time. God, if only I was smarter back then, I would have been HOT. but I didn't know anything and I was just a huge nerd.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the spirit of the message but bones do not get denser as you age. You lose bone density particularly after the age of 50 and particularly if you are a caucasian woman that is fit/thin in build. This is something that affects men too so no one is immune from this. The reason that weight is gained has everything to do with loss of lean body mass (muscle) and increase in body fat. That is a simple and not disputed fact.. Take this opportunity for those of you that are young to do something about this while you can by maintaining a bone healthy diet, doing strength training if you can and keeping your weight where you can manage it.
  • Larissa26
    Larissa26 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I dont remember my weight but was around a size 5. Gosh I miss being thin.LOL!
  • shanel97654
    shanel97654 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was about 134lbs! Thought I was fat and made fun of in high school because of my weight! Now that I look back, I would love to weigh that much again! But I am starting that journey with baby steps here on MFP..... ;)
  • for_me_for_once
    for_me_for_once Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was 145 when I graduated, but lost about 10 pounds, when I moved out. I was a poor 18 year old kid with no food and worked 12+ hours a day! LOL I ran everyday too, so that helped. I was very muscular. I'm 5'5 and 202 pounds right now... :] My goal is to get down to 140 and run in a marathon. Wishful thinking!
  • wndnls
    wndnls Posts: 25
    Options
    10 years ago...5'3 120! and I thought I was fat!!!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yes but they get denser first. Women reach peak bone density at around 30, at 16 or 17 when you graduate school it could be 85-90% of that. Generally from 30 until they reach menopause, there is little reduction from the peak. So a woman aged 30 before menopause could quite conceivably have 10% bone density they didn't have when they were 16 or 17.

That being said I have no idea what that would equate to in weight and agree that the majority weight increase would be due to good old fat.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the spirit of the message but bones do not get denser as you age. You lose bone density particularly after the age of 50 and particularly if you are a caucasian woman that is fit/thin in build. This is something that affects men too so no one is immune from this. The reason that weight is gained has everything to do with loss of lean body mass (muscle) and increase in body fat. That is a simple and not disputed fact.. Take this opportunity for those of you that are young to do something about this while you can by maintaining a bone healthy diet, doing strength training if you can and keeping your weight where you can manage it.

Yes but they get denser first. Women reach peak bone density at around 30, at 16 or 17 when you graduate school it could be 85-90% of that. Generally from 30 until they reach menopause, there is little reduction from the peak. So a woman aged 30 before menopause could quite conceivably have 10% bone density they didn't have when they were 16 or 17.

That being said I have no idea what that would equate to in weight and agree that the majority weight increase would be due to good old fat.
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was 127, it was right around prom time.
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    I was about 5"7 and 135lbs. And I still thought I was overweight. But thats because I was a bigger girl until I started going out with my other half...young love doesn't half burn calories and suppress your appetite! :laugh:
    xxx
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was about 147-155lbs. I hated how I looked then, but after all the weight I gained since.. I'll take my old body back anytime
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    105lbs in HS Size 0

Current GW 130lbs
  • Kendralatricewilliams
    Options
    178 and boy did I think I was thick and sexy. But now I want to get down to about 140-150ish
  • tawny9753
    tawny9753 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was 120 pounds and a size 6, that was almost ten years ago. Through college I gained a couple pounds but kept it off with an on-my-feet job. Then I got a desk job and got married and the pounds came on. My dream goal is 115 pounds since I was still a little plump at 120. But I'm not stuck on a number, I care more about how I look and feel than the goal weight itself.

I was the "big girl" in my group of super-skinny friends so I felt fat. And like most, I wish for that body back even though I hated it at the time.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1994 5'8 weighed around 150-155 and wore size 12 pants because it was all in my *kitten* and waist. Currently at 183 and looking to get back there again and not have flabby belly after kid.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I remember being between 105 and 110 lbs in high school, all the way through, until college. Gained the freshman poundage and stayed that way for at least the next five years.

Having kids wasn't a good excuse for me, I didn't retain weight until way, way after my second kid. (Was one of those lucky pregnant gals who didn't look pregnant unless you were facing me and lost the baby phat within three weeks or so-at first.)

Then reality hit... made it all the way up to 165 lbs at some point (yikes! - I'm only 5'3").

My ultimate goal being here, is to go back down to 110 lbs. by July of this year...

It's been a struggle but I keep moving forward to see where I can go.

~katie
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    150 something -.-
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    HS grad- 179
    College grad- 208
    Current- 150
    Goal- 130