Asparagus?

Options
13»

Replies

• T2trinco
    T2trinco Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I LOVE asparagus drizzled with light balsamic, and grilled, lightly sprinkled with some parm. My favorite way to eat it, and in the summer it's a great side! Replace balsamic with lemon juice for an even lighter option! YUM! It's probably my favorite vegetable! :smile:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I see the majority is asparagus drizzled with olive oil, garlic and pepper....this is my favorie way if not on the grill. I also dont mund eating it raw dipped in hummus. :)
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    roasted with garlic and honey... yuuuum
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    steam it lightly then serve dripping with butter........mmmmmm.
  • jfield6
    jfield6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Throw them in a ziploc baggie with olive oil, s&p. Give a good shake to coat. Line baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 425. Put them on baking sheet. Bake for 30 mins tossing a few times during cooking. (I like the flower part to be crispy)

Or I also like to do italian dressing instead of the olive oil.

Grilling them is even better IMO!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Beware the "asparagus pee" the next day. :)

He's not kidding...it really does make your pee smell funny!

Next day, it's like the next hour for me..... :) It's also genetic, not everyone has that issue (read that in some random fact book I think).

Really? I guess I got the gene too, LOL!
  • jfield6
    jfield6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Beware the "asparagus pee" the next day. :)

He's not kidding...it really does make your pee smell funny!

Next day, it's like the next hour for me..... :) It's also genetic, not everyone has that issue (read that in some random fact book I think).

Really? I guess I got the gene too, LOL!

My MIL thought something was wrong with her until I brought it up one day while we were talking about asparagus. LMAO! She was going to go to the doctor about it! HA!
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Olive oil + garlic salt + grill = the only way I will eat asparagus. AWESOMENESS!!!

(someone else said parmesan which sounds yummy too)