Facial hair

Options
Ok 2 questions:
For the ladies out there: Like facial hair on a guy? Or clean?

For my fellow dudes: How come all the really fit guys have NO facial hair? Is it a sweating thing or something? I'm like the only guy in the gym with facial hair.

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Ok 2 questions:

For my fellow dudes: How come all the really fit guys have NO facial hair? Is it a sweating thing or something? I'm like the only guy in the gym with facial hair.

I literally can't remember the last time I was clean shaven. I think I did it a couple of years ago just to remind myself of what it looked like, and prior to that was probably 2007....

From my experience, chicks dig guys with facial hair.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Ok 2 questions:

I literally can't remember the last time I was clean shaven. I think I did it a couple of years ago just to remind myself of what it looked like, and prior to that was probably 2007....

From my experience, chicks dig guys with facial hair.

This is true (IMO at least)

I reckon its manly to have facial hair.. But not a scruffy thing that you can't be bothered to shave.. Like a nice neat beard is always good :)
  • linda768
    linda768 Posts: 22
    Options
    It depends on the person. My BF has a round face and does not look good with facial hair. But, my BIL would look like a dork without it.

ETA- I personally like it if it's well maintained.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. My BF has a round face and does not look good with facial hair. But, my BIL would look like a dork without it.

ETA- I personally like it if it's well maintained.

This.

My ex husband had a moustache. I used to warn him that if he shaved it I'd leave.

His brother had a beard. when his brother shaved his beard he stopped looking manly and hot, and looked like a chinless idiot instead.

current man - no hair on face. Can't imagine him with facial hair, I think he would look silly.

It's down to what suits you. Post a pic and we'll tell you how to improve your pulling power. ;)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    LOL just checked out your profile. It's not the facial hair that's the worry. It's the hat. :D

(Actually I like the hat. But the girls that want to be taken out to restaurants and given diamonds will not like the hat. Consider your hat to be your magic 'Lucky Escape' card.)
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I personally like facial hair....but not overgrown, wild facial hair. More like....neatly trimmed or scruffy 5 o'clock shadow....

However, I understand it is a pain in the *kitten* for guys - it's itchy or a just a nuisance and its easier to just shave it clean. I don't have to wear it, so whatever they like is groovy with me.

If I go in for a hug and I can feel scruff, dude gains instant "hot" points :wink:
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Don't worry I'm not looking for dating advice, I'm married! Sorry ladies, I know my hat is sexy! :laugh: Just wanted to throw a different topic out there... and my wife said that I look retarded with no facial hair!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I personally like facial hair....but not overgrown, wild facial hair. More like....neatly trimmed or scruffy 5 o'clock shadow....

However, I understand it is a pain in the *kitten* for guys - it's itchy or a just a nuisance and its easier to just shave it clean. I don't have to wear it, so whatever they like is groovy with me.

If I go in for a hug and I can feel scruff, dude gains instant "hot" points :wink:

For me shaving was always the nuisance! This way I only have to do it a couple of times a week, if that, and just keep it nicely trimmed instead of killing my skin by scraping at it with a razor blade!
  • sparklefly74
    sparklefly74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can go either way with facial hair on a guy. My boyfriend has a chinstrap and mustashe. He screwed up once trimming it and shaved it all off...I hated it.

As for me, I always shave my mustashe :laugh:
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM A LITTLE BIT OF STUBBLE :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My hubby has had a gotee every since I've known him (19 years). I like it.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    it depends. If you have a nice strong chin, then shave it, and let the 5o'clock shadow hit. That's sexy. If you have no chin, then it's fine to have the goatee if that is what works for you. Just don't get lazy and forget to trim it, because that just looks more like a bum off the street.

If I'm all put together, I expect you to be too.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

Wrong, sorry, Shaving is a pain, i would rather trim my beard anyday. Yes i still have to shave around it but its like mowing the yard, we're guys we like that kind of thing.
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ok 2 questions:

Aesthetically, I say do whatever suits you, however... And this is completely a personal preference... I find kissing a clean shaven guy often feels like kissing a lady. That would be fine, if I was in fact kissing a lady, but if I'm kissing a guy then facial hair (including stubble, doesn't need to be a viking-esque beard with plaits) is an epic plus.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy just being able to grow facial hair :grumble:
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Love the look of facial hair on a man, but I don't love the beard burn I get after a successful date!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    This is the choice I have if I want to own a comb.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I have sensitive skin and facial hair on a man will leave me all red everywhere especially my chest area which looks awful for about 10 minutes. :blushing:

Nonetheless, I love me some scruffy men!!!! :love: :love: I do like the clean look too...

Hell, I love it all! I <3 men. :love:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I like it if well groomed.. or the scruffy look from just missing a day of shaving. My husband changes it up all the time and I like that, he has the face shape / complexion perfect for doing the different looks.
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I shave my head because its a premtive strike on a receeding hairline.
    I shaved off my goatee because it was getting grey.

Bottom line - I look alot younger without either. I shave every day because I cant stand not looking "cleaned up"