"Dieting" with normal food

Options
123457»

Replies

• ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YIPPEE FOR REAL FOOD!!!

I may go over on fat in a day sometimes, but I am rarely even close on sugars. I love eating real food. That's how I ate before I gained another full sized human when I was pregnant (90 lbs), After my son, I lost my mind and tried low fat, sugar free diet. I did not, however, lose weight. Took me a year to get 40lbs off...30 of which I lost by HAVING my child. Right before I became preggo with my daughter I went back to eating real food, and I also keep my carb intake at or under 100 grams a day. I am now 105 lbs lighter than I was when I was preggo with my son.
    Love this! My house is the same way. I was diabetic while pregnant and I think the dietician had her hands full with me. They wanted me to use artificial sweeteners and fake butter like country crock. I just said no, ate more natural, but watched my intake and levels constantly. It boggled my mind that they wanted me to eat those chemicals, with them going straight to my baby. :huh:

Good for you!!

My DH is type 1. We eat all real food. His blood sugars go up more with a Mc Donald's burger than with 3 of my homemade chocolate chip cookies made with real sugar. We still drink diet soda. But, we only have like 1 or 2 a week.
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    I ate "normal" food all week, But I exerciced more . I respect my daily calories amount but i'm always in red for sugar because I eat fruits....

I'll never use low / diet food because they cut somewhere and increase somewhere else... so it's not good....

I lost 7.2 pounds in a week, so I think everything is possible if - you moderate - you move - you allow you the pleasure of non counting once a while....

to loose weight you have to burn more than you eat
    to maintain your weight, keep moving , continue to be on MFP with 0 lost weight calories and you'll be fine!

well.... I think lolol
  • gill6984
    gill6984 Posts: 1
    Options
    I AGREE, I LOST 5 POUNDS WITH MFP, AND 32 ALL TOGETHER ON MY OWN, AND I DONT DO THE FAT FREE, STUFF I FOUND OUT THE REAL STUFF MAKES U MORE SATISFIED AND IS ALL ABOUT MODERATION.....IF U REALLY WANNA LOOSE U GOTTA RETRAINED UR BRAIN AND WILL POWER AND THEN U WILL BE SUCCESFULL!!:happy:
  • mrsmangomum
    Options
    You had me until Whole milk. FYI skim milk isnt processed its just whats underneath the cream :-)

I used to drink skim. We switched when my son started drinking cow's milk. I've found I like whole milk a lot better and it's more satisfying. I took about a week to adjust.