why are female teachers going after young male students?

Options

Replies

• bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    cause a 32 year old woman and a 17 year old dude have the same sex drive.

^THIS!!!! ha ha...but seriously, totally NOT okay!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but when I was in high school, there were a couple male teachers that I wish did this with me! HAHA
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Fundamentally I don't think women are that different from men. I imagine the reasons would be similar to why men often chase after younger women: virility, the thrill of exposing someone who's inexperienced, taking advantage of a position of power when else in your life may not be, the perception of not having strings attached, and the thrill of taboo all probably play into it.

To the point of ruining a teacher's life for having sex with someone who's underage, the same happens to people who mistakenly think a person is of age (if she's 17, sneaks into a 21+ club, and I pick her up...I'd still be getting slammed by the law). The teacher KNOWS the child's age, and KNOWS the consequences, if he or she still chooses to break the law, they deserve what's coming to them. The age of consent has to be set somewhere, and if you think it's too high you could make that argument, but whatever that age is, if the person knows definitively that what they're doing is against the law and still does it, I have no pity for them.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    As a teacher (taught everything from K - college), I will say I have had some pretty hot students. And I will admit that the idea has crossed my mind. And I have flirted with a few a little - one was a former hs student who was then/now (at the time of flirting) 21 and one was a college student.

I will also admit that they have been a fanasty or two on a lonely night.

But, I would never actually go through with it.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My brother was getting it on with number 7. I was so proud of him lol
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lack of self esteem and maybe it's easier emotionally--when you have a relationship with a man (an adult, someone your own age) there's all this stuff that comes along with it. Not so with 16 or 17-year-old; he's really only interested in sex; she's interested in making herself feel better. She wants to feel sexually desirable and wanted. It doesn't matter how hot she is, self esteem comes from within. She doesn't feel good about herself so she's looking for outside validation. And, yes, it's really, really gross!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    To the ladies that responded that this situation goes both ways, I don't believe the OP was suggesting it didn't. I believe he was just pointing out that he is seeing more female teachers involved than in the past.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Male teachers do the same thing, its being a paedophile just the same, but people don't seem to feel the same way about a woman who is attractive doing it as they do when its a man. People get titivated reading it because it buys into fantasy territory, it is the same crime, just public perceive it differently

No. Paedophile (or pedophilia) is sex with prepubescent children under 13. Ephebophilia is sex with 14 to 19
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

it's unfortunate the media often mistakes these two, because sex with a 17 yr old is not the same as sex with a 7 year old, and to call someone a pedophile for sex with a 17 year old is not fair to the person.

Exactly. I find it ridiculous that in some states, the age of consent is 16, but if the adult is a teacher and sleeps with a 17 year old, suddenly they are a pedophile and its illegal. Its absurd. It doesn't make sense that you are a sexual predator in one state, but in another state you are committing a legal act. It also doesn't make sense that your job title determines whether you are a sexual predator or not. Ethics is one thing, but criminality should be another.

That being said, I don't know the appropriate age for saying that an adult sleeping with a minor is a pedophile, but I do think that a 15 year old guy sleeping with an adult female is not as big of a deal as they make it out to be.

Regardless of the age of consent it should be illegal for any teacher to have sexual relations with a student. That position of power should not be abused for sex. As a Drill Sergeant in the Army I have had many recruits who were older than me and ALL of them were above the age of consent but do to my position over them i couldn't have any relationship with them on a personal level for obvious reasons.

Unethical != Criminal. They have the freedom to say No.

It's very criminal for me. If I was to have this type of relationship I would at a minimum be given a dishonorable discharge and I have seen a few go to the brig. Parents trusting their 17 year old boy to the care of a teacher should not have to worry about this kind of behavior.

Your comment about them having the freedom to say No is the typical "blame the victim attitude".

I just don't think having consensual sex means there has to be a victim. If its legal for a 16 year old to have sex with an adult, then that means the state thinks 16 year olds are capable of saying Yes or No. I don't see why the adult's position of authority over them makes any difference. By that same logic, you could say that anybody who sleeps with a sub-ordinate of any age is also a criminal.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    because I'd be totally lying if I said I never checked out Zac Efron when he was in High School Musical, but it's up to the adult in the situation to be the responsible party.

OMG I was going to blame these encounters on him! :laugh:

I have a 40+ co-worker that is so hot for him.

I'm going to give him a pass because 17 again was funny.

17 Again was pretty funny. I love me some Zac.. NOM~!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Male teachers do the same thing, its being a paedophile just the same, but people don't seem to feel the same way about a woman who is attractive doing it as they do when its a man. People get titivated reading it because it buys into fantasy territory, it is the same crime, just public perceive it differently

No. Paedophile (or pedophilia) is sex with prepubescent children under 13. Ephebophilia is sex with 14 to 19

it's unfortunate the media often mistakes these two, because sex with a 17 yr old is not the same as sex with a 7 year old, and to call someone a pedophile for sex with a 17 year old is not fair to the person.

Exactly. I find it ridiculous that in some states, the age of consent is 16, but if the adult is a teacher and sleeps with a 17 year old, suddenly they are a pedophile and its illegal. Its absurd. It doesn't make sense that you are a sexual predator in one state, but in another state you are committing a legal act. It also doesn't make sense that your job title determines whether you are a sexual predator or not. Ethics is one thing, but criminality should be another.

That being said, I don't know the appropriate age for saying that an adult sleeping with a minor is a pedophile, but I do think that a 15 year old guy sleeping with an adult female is not as big of a deal as they make it out to be.

Regardless of the age of consent it should be illegal for any teacher to have sexual relations with a student. That position of power should not be abused for sex. As a Drill Sergeant in the Army I have had many recruits who were older than me and ALL of them were above the age of consent but do to my position over them i couldn't have any relationship with them on a personal level for obvious reasons.

It's very criminal for me. If I was to have this type of relationship I would at a minimum be given a dishonorable discharge and I have seen a few go to the brig. Parents trusting their 17 year old boy to the care of a teacher should not have to worry about this kind of behavior.

Your comment about them having the freedom to say No is the typical "blame the victim attitude".

i actually do agree with this. i think that no frat regs SHOULD apply to teachers as well. and maybe that's a good way to make it illegal w/o having it be a sex crime that gets you on the registry.
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    cause a 32 year old woman and a 17 year old dude have the same sex drive.

Probably this^
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    because I'd be totally lying if I said I never checked out Zac Efron when he was in High School Musical, but it's up to the adult in the situation to be the responsible party.

OMG I was going to blame these encounters on him! :laugh:

I have a 40+ co-worker that is so hot for him.

I'm going to give him a pass because 17 again was funny.

17 Again was pretty funny. I love me some Zac.. NOM~!

You know what's sad? I never saw this version of the movie, but I am quite familiar with the original starring George Burns.

Bot do I feel old.
  • grinch031
    Options
    Fundamentally I don't think women are that different from men. I imagine the reasons would be similar to why men often chase after younger women: virility, the thrill of exposing someone who's inexperienced, taking advantage of a position of power when else in your life may not be, the perception of not having strings attached, and the thrill of taboo all probably play into it.

To the point of ruining a teacher's life for having sex with someone who's underage, the same happens to people who mistakenly think a person is of age (if she's 17, sneaks into a 21+ club, and I pick her up...I'd still be getting slammed by the law). The teacher KNOWS the child's age, and KNOWS the consequences, if he or she still chooses to break the law, they deserve what's coming to them. The age of consent has to be set somewhere, and if you think it's too high you could make that argument, but whatever that age is, if the person knows definitively that what they're doing is against the law and still does it, I have no pity for them.

I don't have a problem with an age of consent. I have a problem with an age of consent no longer being applicable when the adult is a teacher.

Also its not the point over what the teacher knows about the law or the student. I think the law itself is unjust.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

I just don't think having consensual sex means there has to be a victim. If its legal for a 16 year old to have sex with an adult, then that means the state thinks 16 year olds are capable of saying Yes or No. I don't see why the adult's position of authority over them makes any difference. By that same logic, you could say that anybody who sleeps with a sub-ordinate of any age is also a criminal.

In a normal, civilian workplace it would just be unethical. Can you not see the difference between a workplace full of adults and students/teachers?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

I believe this has to do with persons under the age of consent. My understanding is that if a teacher sleeps with someone above the age of consent he or she'll be fired, but there won't be legal proceedings. I could be wrong on that though.

EDIT:
    I don't have a problem with an age of consent. I have a problem with an age of consent no longer being applicable when the adult is a teacher.

Also its not the point over what the teacher knows about the law or the student. I think the law itself is unjust.
    Age of consent isn't 16 everywhere, I had assumed that they were breaking the law. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    None of my teachers were hott... so I never even thought of hitting on them. But back then teachers looked like ... teachers... old ... bitter and angry. :laugh:

NOW teachers look like some of the kids. My husband works at a school and I often mistake the teachers for the kids!
  • grinch031
    Options

I believe this has to do with persons under the age of consent. My understanding is that if a teacher sleeps with someone above the age of consent he or she'll be fired, but there won't be legal proceedings. I could be wrong on that though.

Not true at all. The age of consent pretty much goes out the window if it involves teacher/student. So a 16 year old could sleep with a 50 year old legally as long as it isn't a teacher at their school. I know in Maryland this is certainly the case.

Oh and yes age of consent varies by state. I also find it absurd that you are a sexual predator in one state, but a law-abiding citizen in another. I think the law should not be so black and white about this.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    None of my teachers were hott... so I never even thought of hitting on them. But back then teachers looked like ... teachers... old ... bitter and angry. :laugh:

NOW teachers look like some of the kids. My husband works at a school and I often mistake the teachers for the kids!

Great point. My daughter is in first grade and has had 3 (one went out on maternity leave) so far. All 3 were very young and very HOT! I never had a young hot teacher in all my years of school.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lack of self worth. Some reason women do stupid stuff every where.
  • grinch031
    Options

In a normal, civilian workplace it would just be unethical. Can you not see the difference between a workplace full of adults and students/teachers?

I think its unethical in both settings. The objection I have is that a student should not be *selectively* capable of consenting based on the job title of the adult. Either they should have full ability to consent or not. I can't make it any clearer.