why are female teachers going after young male students?

Options

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    because I'd be totally lying if I said I never checked out Zac Efron when he was in High School Musical, but it's up to the adult in the situation to be the responsible party.

OMG I was going to blame these encounters on him! :laugh:

I have a 40+ co-worker that is so hot for him.

I'm going to give him a pass because 17 again was funny.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the teen boys involved are physically fit? I know childhood obesity is considered an epidemic, but the athletic boys sure seem to be for physically aware then when I was a teen. I can not think of a single kid in my school that had abs like Zac Efron or other teenage heart throbs.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Because they are messed up? They've got to have some sort of 'issue'....

That's just wrong... men in their 20's are still immature.. why go for a teenager. yuck!

I agree. Older is better.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    1. They're totally messed up.
    2. I think it's the "thrill" of gettin' a virgin
    3. They're totally messed up.

this!

did i forget to mention they are totally messed up. I agree its probably not happening more often, just that more are getting caught! x
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Male teachers do the same thing, its being a paedophile just the same, but people don't seem to feel the same way about a woman who is attractive doing it as they do when its a man. People get titivated reading it because it buys into fantasy territory, it is the same crime, just public perceive it differently

No. Paedophile (or pedophilia) is sex with prepubescent children under 13. Ephebophilia is sex with 14 to 19
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

it's unfortunate the media often mistakes these two, because sex with a 17 yr old is not the same as sex with a 7 year old, and to call someone a pedophile for sex with a 17 year old is not fair to the person.

but it is still a person in a position of authority abusing that authority. it's still wrong, even if it's not a crime in a lot of places. are most teens in that age bracket sexually active? yes, they are. but that doesn't make it ok - regardless of the gender - for a person in authority - teacher, principal, boss, coach, family friend, scout leader, religious leader, whoever - to make sexual advances on a minor. i don't think it's ok when they're 18, as long as that power differential exists. i think it's still predatory behaviour.
    Completely agree. We put people in positions of authority over children and expect them to have the maturity and decency to make the right decision. A 17 year old kid doesn't have the same decision making skills as an adult. So when we trust adults to lead them in the right direction and they abuse that power its sickening.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    because I'd be totally lying if I said I never checked out Zac Efron when he was in High School Musical, but it's up to the adult in the situation to be the responsible party.

He's 24 now, so it's ok, and I'm only 3 years older than he is, but I felt like SUCH a creep for thinking he was hot 5 or 6 years ago.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I heard the Boys all completed a round of P90X........................
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Male teachers do the same thing, its being a paedophile just the same, but people don't seem to feel the same way about a woman who is attractive doing it as they do when its a man. People get titivated reading it because it buys into fantasy territory, it is the same crime, just public perceive it differently

No. Paedophile (or pedophilia) is sex with prepubescent children under 13. Ephebophilia is sex with 14 to 19

it's unfortunate the media often mistakes these two, because sex with a 17 yr old is not the same as sex with a 7 year old, and to call someone a pedophile for sex with a 17 year old is not fair to the person.

Exactly. I find it ridiculous that in some states, the age of consent is 16, but if the adult is a teacher and sleeps with a 17 year old, suddenly they are a pedophile and its illegal. Its absurd. It doesn't make sense that you are a sexual predator in one state, but in another state you are committing a legal act. It also doesn't make sense that your job title determines whether you are a sexual predator or not. Ethics is one thing, but criminality should be another.

That being said, I don't know the appropriate age for saying that an adult sleeping with a minor is a pedophile, but I do think that a 15 year old guy sleeping with an adult female is not as big of a deal as they make it out to be.

Regardless of the age of consent it should be illegal for any teacher to have sexual relations with a student. That position of power should not be abused for sex. As a Drill Sergeant in the Army I have had many recruits who were older than me and ALL of them were above the age of consent but do to my position over them i couldn't have any relationship with them on a personal level for obvious reasons.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    Does anyone know if the teen boys involved are physically fit? I know childhood obesity is considered an epidemic, but the athletic boys sure seem to be for physically aware then when I was a teen. I can not think of a single kid in my school that had abs like Zac Efron or other teenage heart throbs.

I can remember kids being fit like that in jr. high. Lots of guys were, I never was despite playing sports.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    It's not all one way, there's been a few male teachers at it in the news recently.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options

but it is still a person in a position of authority abusing that authority. it's still wrong, even if it's not a crime in a lot of places. are most teens in that age bracket sexually active? yes, they are. but that doesn't make it ok - regardless of the gender - for a person in authority - teacher, principal, boss, coach, family friend, scout leader, religious leader, whoever - to make sexual advances on a minor. i don't think it's ok when they're 18, as long as that power differential exists. i think it's still predatory behaviour.

There's a difference between criminal behavior and unethical behavior. You can't selectively decide whether someone is a sex predator based on their job title. Its all good to fire someone who commits such acts, but putting a teacher on a sex offender list and/or jail time for sleeping with say a 17 year old is going to ruin their life, and I think its unjust.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options

Exactly. I find it ridiculous that in some states, the age of consent is 16, but if the adult is a teacher and sleeps with a 17 year old, suddenly they are a pedophile and its illegal. Its absurd. It doesn't make sense that you are a sexual predator in one state, but in another state you are committing a legal act. It also doesn't make sense that your job title determines whether you are a sexual predator or not. Ethics is one thing, but criminality should be another.

That being said, I don't know the appropriate age for saying that an adult sleeping with a minor is a pedophile, but I do think that a 15 year old guy sleeping with an adult female is not as big of a deal as they make it out to be.

Regardless of the age of consent it should be illegal for any teacher to have sexual relations with a student. That position of power should not be abused for sex. As a Drill Sergeant in the Army I have had many recruits who were older than me and ALL of them were above the age of consent but do to my position over them i couldn't have any relationship with them on a personal level for obvious reasons.

Unethical != Criminal. They have the freedom to say No.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Same questiong could be asked as to why Male teachers are going after young fenmale students...... I was watching something on the news about a "teacher" that ended up dating his student.... but she became his gf after she graduated... if you ask me there was something else going on long before she graduated, and the mom cant do anything but try and fight it.

I just watched a SICK as in so real and scary movie, that just made my stomach called "TRUST" about a girl that meets a man offline shes 14-15 and hes like 35 he does all sorts of things and you can tell he basically convinced her what he did was ok and he loved her so she never complained... worth watching, but not for the weak at heart.

As for the female teachers, its the same for male or female, they make these kids think its ok, and that they are meant to be. Kids are supposed to trust adults to know right and wrong. Thats where these "teachers" blur the line.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have very good looking teenage sons and we had a teacher and a mom do this (2 different women and 2 different boys) I told my sons that IF this ever happens, that I will beat the living crap out of her face and pull chunks of hair out of her head. EVERYONE will be able to look at her and see that I destroyed her face for touching my sons.

Personally, I like men that are in their 30s and higher....just something about older men. But, I think these women that go after 16 and 17 year old guys, do this because they have low self esteem and they think that doing this, they are still young and hot. Then again, maybe these women have not matured and so they find that they have more in common with a 16 year old boy than a 36 year old man.

AGAIN....IF anyone cougar touches my boys BAM TO THE FACE!!!! :angry:
  • MFPAddict
    Options

He's 24 now, so it's ok, and I'm only 3 years older than he is, but I felt like SUCH a creep for thinking he was hot 5 or 6 years ago.

Yeah, I know he is older now but she was crushing on him back when he was in his teens.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I do think that the "instant news" that we have now, just makes it seem like this is happening more often. I don't think it happens more often, it's just reported more often.

Also it makes a better news story. When it happens with a male teacher, the story is much more lily to stay local.

With a 24 hour news cycle and the "need" to be the news agency that get the scoop, we end up seeing a lot of stories that 30 ago would have just been a local event. thus we have lots stories on freeway car chases, child abduction and small plane crashes.
  • MFPAddict
    Options

I can remember kids being fit like that in jr. high. Lots of guys were, I never was despite playing sports.

How old are you? I am 42. After putting more thought into it, I did come up with one kid who was pretty ripped up. He had his name on the wall in the weight room for benching over 300 lbs and I think he was close to reaching the 400lb mark. But I can think of several kids on the football team that were pretty soggy.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I do think that the "instant news" that we have now, just makes it seem like this is happening more often. I don't think it happens more often, it's just reported more often.

Also it makes a better news story. When it happens with a male teacher, the story is much more lily to stay local.

With a 24 hour news cycle and the "need" to be the news agency that get the scoop, we end up seeing a lot of stories that 30 ago would have just been a local event. thus we have lots stories on freeway car chases, child abduction and small plane crashes.

Especially if they're attractive. People have a hard time believing beautiful people can be f*cked up too.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

How old are you? I am 42. After putting more thought into it, I did come up with one kid who was pretty ripped up. He had his name on the wall in the weight room for benching over 300 lbs and I think he was close to reaching the 400lb mark. But I can think of several kids on the football team that were pretty soggy.

I'm about to turn 30 =/
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

Unethical != Criminal. They have the freedom to say No.

It's very criminal for me. If I was to have this type of relationship I would at a minimum be given a dishonorable discharge and I have seen a few go to the brig. Parents trusting their 17 year old boy to the care of a teacher should not have to worry about this kind of behavior.

Your comment about them having the freedom to say No is the typical "blame the victim attitude".