FRIED FOODS.....is a No No

Options
124»

Replies

• Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    For the confused Brits (by the way, Great Olympics you're hosting, thanx!):

We also mean cooked in oil when we say "fried". However, there is a new dieting trend to make "FAKE" fried chicken and other fake fried foods by making substitute coatings that are healthier and baking the items. I make a killer gluten-free, dairy-free, darn near fat-free (except for what is naturally in the chicken) "fried chicken". I prefer to make them as chicken tenders. They look like fried chicken (sort of) and taste like it, but they don't have the fat, calories or (for me) gluten issues.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    work it into your calories, but no it's not something you want to have all the time.

i treat myself to popeye's or this soul food place on the corner that makes good battered chicken and catfish once every 4-6 weeks.

and yes here in american if you're talking about fried chicken, steak, fish etc then not only is it cooked in an obscene amount of oil, but it also means coating the food in a delicious batter. :laugh: personally i think the battered skin from my popeye's is more calories than the actual meat of the chicken