Options
    That your safe word should not be "more"!:grumble:

TMI?:embarassed:

Awesome.
    :laugh:
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    1. That parking lights on a car are calling parking lights for a reason--they aren't called driving lights.

2. How to change the water bottle on the cooler at home & the office!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    That's why I drive in the fastlane!
    It's always funny when we are going somewhere in our truck and trailer and some a$$hat does this...doesn't even look over their shoulder or in the mirror and suddenly at 45 mph they look left and are faced with 50 feet of rolling metal :laugh: good times!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That it won't kill you to have some MANNERS. Seriously, saying "please," "thank you," and "excuse me" will not cause spontaneous human combustion.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    ....that when I visit another country, I am a guest and should adapt and be flexible, not demand everything should be like home.
  • LittleMissRiiff
    Options
    Stop signs won't turn green.

I've had to sit behind people who were unaware that they were at a STOP sign, not a traffic light, and just sit there until I honk the horn.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    you do NOT have to leave 1/2 of a block between you and the car in front of you when stopping at a red light.
  • freenewme
    freenewme Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you stop buying thing you just want than you will have money for the thing you need
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When the light is green, you can move forward.

A large percentage of people in my town slow or even come to a complete stop at green lights. When I first moved here, I thought it might be some strange city law, but no, it's just a weird quirk of the drivers here. How did this get started? Did one or two people start regularly treating green lights like stop signs and it just caught on?

i hate when people take forever to go once the light actually turns green. and the green lights around here are SUPER short. grinds my gears.
  • 2Grtkids
    2Grtkids Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm the only one in my house that knows how to change the toilet paper roll. It's VERY hard. My hubby is 41 - I think I'll teach him in a couple of years :explode:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    that you're supposed to merge onto a highway matching the speed of traffic.

Everyone else in Colorado believes you're supposed to go 10-20 mph slower. :explode:

What's your secret knowledge??? :smokin:
    people in Minnesota have no concept of what merge and yield mean. I am an asian driver and even I know better.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    That you are suppose to pull over and let emergency vehicles pass even if you are going the opposite direction! A friend of mine was driving eastbound on a street when a fire truck pulled out a ways ahead heading west and I told her to pull over and she asked why just as the truck turned in front of us. Then I said...that's why! I've actually had people honk their horn at me because I've pulled over (I always use my turn signal).
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That when you say you will be somewhere at a certain time, you should actually be there!!!!! And that if you are supposed to be there at 9:00, 9:30 or 10:00 really isn't on time!
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i think i'm the only person that know you are supposed to park your cars in your driveway not on the side of the road blocking one lane so traffick has to take turns driving in the one lane left
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    In South Florida, apperently the correct way to merge onto I-95 is to close your eyes, jerk the wheel to the left, and hope for the best.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    That it's NOT ok to sit at a green light and text until someone honks the horn! The new norm in my town!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    cheap aerosol (spelling?) hair spray gets ANYTHING out of clothes... including permanent marker.

Thanks for that! I'll have to try it!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    - that "being scared" of roundabouts is not a good enough reason to drive all the way round in the outside lane in your husband's fancy car

- that fog lights should only be used IN FOG!

- that full beam headlights should be dipped when you see another driver
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    that you're supposed to merge onto a highway matching the speed of traffic.

Everyone else in Colorado believes you're supposed to go 10-20 mph slower. :explode:

What's your secret knowledge??? :smokin:
    That a turning lane is meant for making left hand turns. You are allowed to use it rather than stopping up traffic for miles back!!