I'm the only person who knows....

Options

Replies

• valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yelling "he doesn't bite" does not make the jogger being chased by your unleashed dog feel any better about the situation.

very true!!!!

In my house apparently Im the only person who can fix a milk baba or "sippy cup" for my 3 year old.... even though it is pre mixed tru moo....
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Inching forward during a red light doesn't make the light change to green any faster.

Well, that's not necessarily true. Traffic lights often have magnetic coils or plates built under the road (check for pavement cuts, to see if there is one) which your vehicle will disturb if positioned correctly. This triggers the light to begin the change process. Adjusting your position (by inching up) can sometimes help if you didn't trigger it properly.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Oh trust me...it is not just Colorado. "Merge" is totally foreign concept in Reno. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, failure to yield is the leading cause of accidents in this state...not speeding, not DUI's...but the inability to merge.

desk-flip.png
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    how to replace the toilet paper roll!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    ~ How much he really means to me ... ~ :blushing:

That's not entirely true! :laugh:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    how to use a continuation lane... HINT: you don't stop.
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In IL, the left lane is the Fast lane/Passing lane. Please don't drive 45mph and then when I pass from the middle give me the finger. I flashed the peace sign.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    1) That when you make a left hand turn you should not be as far right on the road as possible. Other people may actually want to go straight...

2) That 42 is the answer to the question of the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. \m/
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In South Florida, apperently the correct way to merge onto I-95 is to close your eyes, jerk the wheel to the left, and hope for the best.

In Orlando that is the ONLY way to get onto I4 at rush hour because NOBODy will EVER let you in... Where I am from I learned that you are supposed to ALLOW traffic to merge to keep it flowing ...

Oh, and that you stop AT the line at a red ilght, not 10 feet before or after it... I see people going over the line with their entire car and then wonder why the lef-turn signal doesn't react (the sensor doesn't know you're there! duh)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I know a few things:

1) That if you are on a three lane highway you have three options:

a) drive in the far right lane at or around the speed limit

b) drive in the middle lane at minimum 5-10 mph above the speed limit

c) drive in the far left lane at minimum 10 - 15 mph above the speed limit

2) If on said three lane highway in the far left lane and a car approaches from behind at a higher rate of speed, it is customary to move over into the middle or far right lane so that they may pass. When they flash their ligths at you, it is a signal that you are being asked to do so. Should you choose not to do so, the next flashes you see may very well be muzzle flashes.

3) When on a highway, an approaching hill or gentle curve is no reason to stomp on your brakes as if your automobile is being attacked by pterodactyls.

4) When sitting in a left turn only lane, if there is a green light, you are allowed to make the turn if you have clearance. You do not have to sit through the green light and the following red-light in order to wait for a green arrow that you will not notice until it's too late for anyone but you to proceed through the intersection.

I better stop...
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That when we are all in the left turning lane, that we can all follow each other when the left arrow turns green, you do not have to wait for the car ahead of you to go through the intersection then turn....we can all drive through in a straight line.

OMG! This drives me nuts!!! Lol!!

^^ this!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    That in NC, if a school bus is stopped with it's lights flashing and you are on a 4 lane road with a median or turn lane and are headed in the opposite direction, you don't need to stop.

On the other hand, if a school bus is stopped with it's light flashing and you are on a 2 lane, you are REQUIRED to stop. Trying to save 3 minutes by racing past can cost a kid their life.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I know for a fact that if there is an empy box or large piece of trash on the side of the road, it will sit there for hours until a motorcyle drives by. Then it will mysteriously blow across the road right in front of the bike....every frickin time!!!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    That pushing the elevator button 100 times does not make it come any faster!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

4) When sitting in a left turn only lane, if there is a green light, you are allowed to make the turn if you have clearance. You do not have to sit through the green light and the following red-light in order to wait for a green arrow that you will not notice until it's too late for anyone but you to proceed through the intersection.

I better stop...

That one makes me insane!
  • bikermike5094
    Options
    I also know they have no signs, lights or traffic laws in North Dakota. If you've ever followed someone with North Dakota plates, you'll see why. They all drive like there in the middle of a frickin field. They will stop whenever it pleases them, they will turn where there is no godly reason or a place to turn and they will go trhough intersections like they are crossing a section line in a corn field, oblivious to cross traffic.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    That cyclists are supposed to obey traffic laws...cuz the people riding them sure as *kitten* don't think so...
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Where I am from I learned that you are supposed to ALLOW traffic to merge to keep it flowing ...

[/quote]

This ..... and the when approaching an entrance that has double doors you can open the one side while the people exiting can use the other side (and you are supposed to use the right side just like you were driving) and I teach my boys to open doors for ladies and elderly and a thank you young man would not hurt!
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    that standing in the personal space of the person in front of you does NOT make the line go any faster? BACK OFF granny blue hair!!
  • bikermike5094
    Options
    that writing checks in the grocery store lines takes too much time and your slowing the whole process down. I want to break your f**in kneecaps....