Why do women wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• JessDorian
    Options
    I actually dont wear any, it makes me break out the very few times (i can count on one hand) I think I dont look right. Iv had many friends/customers comment on my skin how nice it looks and im lucky to have black eyelashes and lots of them so I dont own any and I dont see why I should wear it. If you want to thats fine :-)
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup often at all....I don't like the way it feels on my face. If I'm all fancied up, I'll throw some mascara on and lip gloss. Right now at work - I have no makeup on....I have an interview at 10am tomorrow (after being at work all night) and I will probably put some concealer under my eyes and a little mascara on so I don't look so tired.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I get hit on with and without makeup. I wear it as a mask... as a way to step out of my normal shy demeanor and be that outgoing person for a little bit. I rarely wear it but when I do I don't notice that I get more attention.

14jlvt5.jpg

4qoqkg.jpg
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, there's not much difference, tbh.
    This is hungover, just woke up face
    tumblr_lwpt5qNo8M1r1mo7ao1_500.jpg

and this is the makeup I wear every day, eyeliner, concealer, mascara
    382131_10150369870607461_535277460_8521323_829005790_n.jpg

And this is a few years ago on New Years' Eve
    1951_46229992460_535277460_1666393_2333_n.jpg

Also, to all the ladies saying their makeup makes them break out or feels heavy — you're probably not wearing the right makeup. When you have the right stuff, you shouldn't be able to tell it's on your face. If you do, either it's wrong, or you're doing it wrong.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Ladies I think it has more to do with your hair clothes and lighting in the photos.
    Those who look better made up had also totally made over their hair as well.
    Some of you had better hair in the non-made up photo- wild free exciting- and looked better in those.
    One or two benefited a bit for the tonal smoothing of skin.

What amuses me is the guys like you natural but think you are not on the prowl unless done up. The answer is for you to hit on them. Give it a try, guys take the chance of rejection all the time and they don't die of it.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    bumping so i remember to post in the morning!
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    I'd bang both girls.

ME TOO!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    great thread!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I understand why women do and don't wear make-up. One thing that makes me angry, however, is when MEN feel the need to tell me I don't need to wear make-up. Thank you, but obviously I don't. It's not for you, it's for me.

My make-up makes me look bright and awake because I never get enough sleep. I like it. I can go out without it, I just prefer to look smooth and alive instead of... well, like I got two hours of sleep.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I do to accentuate my "natural beauty" ;)
    loljks, i used to have the worst acne so now i have terrible scars all over my face which i can't walk around with them showing i get way too scared people will judge me :/
  • Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    Options
    I wanted to post a picture of me with makeup and I realized I don't have one. :(

I don't really wear make-up that often, but when i do it's an eyeshadow that matches my shirt, eye liner, mascara, and chapstick. I have a hard time finding a foundation/ concealer or whatever it's called (lol) that actually matches my skin tone so I don't even bother with it.
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I never wear makeup - I'm crap at applying it, plus I can't be bothered. Blokes aren't expected to wear it, so why are we?!

I actually feel pretty fake when I'm wearing makeup. I'm a 'what you see is what you get' sort of person. I'm not going to hide things. (Besides, a minger in makeup is still a minger!)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    because this is what i look like without it : (yucky scars- so selfconscious)
    261hfs7.jpg

and with makeup :
    9baq6w.jpg
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup mainly because a) blonde eyelashes and b) I look like I am 11 years old otherwise. No joke, our gate guard literally thought I was.

No makeup ( had recently been crying too - so kinda puffy. Hubs was deployed I missed the call)

Makeup

Or me as a blonde with makeup (albeit black and white)

you have GORGEOUS HAIR!!!!!
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    I think it makes such a difference if a girl has make up on or not.
    But I also think that being natural is important, and therefore I hardly ever wear much make up :)

This is me without make up:
    P1130042_2.jpg

This is me with makeup:
    IMG_0830.jpg
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I only wear make up on special occasions but I enjoy getting dolled up. There just isnt enough time in the day anymore. With three kids, two under three, I enjoy my sleep too much to get up early to "make pretty." I do think make up can do wonders when you have under eye circles, raccoon eyes, spit up on your shirt, sleep deprivation and no shower without one of your kids in days! Lol

Very rarely take pics by myself. These are the ones I found:

Nothing
    Face.jpg

All made up
    Face3.jpg
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm quite lucky, I'm married to a woman that really doesn't need makeup. It's nice for me to, I guess, see her naturally all the time, and it's also a much cheaper way to live :D.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Maybe I am shallow lol, but I found all the gals more attractive with make up.
    I love big eyes... red lips, lol,, best stop there... its a fitness site, not a dating site. :laugh:
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup. I wear lipgloss, that's it. I love the fact that with me what you see is what you get! Some women honestly don't need makeup, others don't feel right unless they have it on. Some look absolutely beautiful when they put makeup on.
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think it makes such a difference if a girl has make up on or not.
    But I also think that being natural is important, and therefore I hardly ever wear much make up :)

This is me without make up:
    P1130042_2.jpg

This is me with makeup:
    IMG_0830.jpg

Your pretty with or without the makeup.