Why do women wear makeup?

Options
AmberJslimsAWAY
AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
Lemme show you! But first, let me tell you.

The girl in pic number one, goes out like this allllll the time. NEVER gets hit on, double takes, NOTHING!

Girl number two however gets hit on, checked out, free drinks, and some awesome confidence from it...

(EDIT: Since this is turning into a "caking vs. not caking" debate, in pic number two I have on eye liner, mascara, eye shadow, and powder. That's it.)

Ladies, post your pre and post make-up pics!

This is me, this morning, after my walk...

IMG_20120405_080510.jpg

And this is me 15 minutes later

IMG_20120405_084120.jpg

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think it's a confidence thing. I think girl #1 and girl #2 both look great and makeup is overrated (even though you don't go overboard in pic #2)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    no make-up
    61487_10150257526980456_546975455_14986936_752134_n.jpg

full make-up

156252_10150313652315456_546975455_15965843_7195801_n.jpg

don't f*ng talk to me make-up
    30542_851314901110_15928637_46557900_6451307_n.jpg

yes, my mouth does hang open in all my pictures
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Bc if I don't people tell me I look tired and or sick. Plus, I love makeup and putting it on, like a canvas!! It's just my preference.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'd bang both girls.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm legit going through all my pics to even see if I have one without makeup. I literally do not have 1 single photo of myself where I don't at least have on a little eyeliner or mascara! I think I just look better with at least something on, I don't wear a ton of makeup aside from the occasional red lipstick, I just think it enhances the way I look, rather than change it altogether.
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Because society tells them this is what beaty is. I agree with the confidence statement from Jac. Whats wrong with being natural?
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'll summon up some confidence and try post mine tonight!

I always go out with some on! I'm a natural blonde so unfortunalty are my eyelashes and eyebrows - :cry: without makeup I think I look really surprised!!! :laugh:

For a test last week I went to work without any on and it was the first thing anyone said to me!! It's not like I wear a lot of make-up!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Because society tells them this is what beaty is. I agree with the confidence statement from Jac. Whats wrong with being natural?

I look sick and tired without make-up on.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm legit going through all my pics to even see if I have one without makeup. I literally do not have 1 single photo of myself where I don't at least have on a little eyeliner or mascara! I think I just look better with at least something on, I don't wear a ton of makeup aside from the occasional red lipstick, I just think it enhances the way I look, rather than change it altogether.

Same here...
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Its way too much effort to put make up on every day. I value sleep more

And anyways, that way when I do wear it, I look different without very much effort. Win-win :bigsmile:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Nope. You still look great in Pic #1.
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I didn't think you looked sick and tired. Quite fresh faced really! You're really pretty without make-up. I actually preferred your first pic :)

I don't usually wear make up. The one thing though that gives me a huge confidence boost is having perfect eyebrows and tinted lashes LOL
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Alright, photo #1 is the closest to no makeup I've got. A little eye-makeup, but I'd been at the beach all day so it's very minimal, photo #2 is my every day makeup look, and photo #3 is like all done up with smokey eyes and red lipstick (nevermind the red contacts, it was Halloween).

cabo3.jpg

everyday.jpg

halloween.jpg
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Why don't men wear makeup? In the animal kingdom, it is the male who has the brightest plumage. And there have been times in history where men wore face powder, fake beautymarks and wigs (and heels). So how come they don't anymore?

If makeup makes women feel more confident/accentuates their features -- why can't men do the same?
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    To compete with other women. It's fun to hear your sweetie compliment another woman on her hair and then on the way home say;" did you see her hair!?" I used to think she got gussied up for me....nay!
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    No Makeup = No “Attention”

Nomakeup.jpg

Makeup= “Attention”

Makeup.jpg

I suppose I don't have natural beauty. :(
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Because I'm ugly AF without make up....=(

And it does me wonders...it really does.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's odd... I hardly ever wear makeup...
    Makes me feel like I have cake on my face... no matter how light the powder.

The only time I wear it is to cover a blemish...or if I am really "going out"!!

To each her own....
    I prefer o'natural...
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I hate wearing makeup. In fact I am at work with no makeup on right now. I only do a full face when I go out and that is hardly ever
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Why don't men wear makeup? In the animal kingdom, it is the male who has the brightest plumage. And there have been times in history where men wore face powder, fake beautymarks and wigs (and heels). So how come they don't anymore?

If makeup makes women feel more confident/accentuates their features -- why can't men do the same?

That's what the cars and money are for!!! haha