Why do women wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My wife never wears makeup, and she's perfect the way she is. I personally have never liked the look of makeup, I much prefer a natural woman.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    You know... fair is fair. If you can post it, so can I. :blushing:

bareface.png

versus

makeup2.png

And one in color for perspective.
    makeupface.png
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    no make-up (also bad angle, but that's beside the point!)
    4750125_8507.jpg

full make-up (even to go out i don't wear much, but a definite improvement!)
    4750125_3214.jpg
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Some men do!

My friend had a pen in his pocket a while ago and looked really panicky when I asked to borrow it! He eventually admitted it was a men makeup pen = Looks like pen contains concealer! Clever - he did always have good skin and no bags!! Now I know why!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up because I have bright red, scarred cheeks courtesy of an accident I had when I was 8 and make up tones them down loads.

(Will try to upload photos.)
  • mmclachlan10
    Options
    I think wearing makeup gives women a boost of confidence which is an attraction for most men. Sometimes not wearing makeup automatically puts women into insecurity mode which can be detected by anyone. The second reason is women want to look good for other women...women (by nature, I think) tend to compete with one another.
  • Pandalicious
    Options
    I'm 19 years old and have never touched any type of make-up in my life. I don't see the point in making yourself look a certain way when everyone knows you don't naturally look like that. I think you look stunning in the first picture, and fake in the second.

Talk about an unpopular opinion.
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Doesn't makeup damage the skin and natural beauty?
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love makeup free, I wear it occasionally. I feel better without it, I've always been that way. I have always thought a clean, fresh face is much more beautiful than the covered face. Truth be told even women with blemishes and scars are more beautiful without makeup. I have burns on my forehead and such and I still prefer no makeup!
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    No Makeup = No “Attention”

Nomakeup.jpg

Makeup= “Attention”

Makeup.jpg

I suppose I don't have natural beauty. :(

Wow! You don't look like the same person!!!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    its a part of my life like brushing my teeth..its something i do every day!
    and i LIKE it!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have only ever worn makeup on my wedding day and then only because of the photos and it was very very natural looking makeup which had to be applied by a makeup artist. I do not and never have owned a scrap of makeup, i have never seen the need to wear it. Personal preference for me
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I hate wearing makeup. In fact I am at work with no makeup on right now. I only do a full face when I go out and that is hardly ever
    This is me too...
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Because men would perceive the girl in pic #2 as seeking their attention, and the girl in pic #1 as not seeking that sort of attention.
    I think.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    To me there is a time and a place for it - I have never done a day's work without make-up, it's part of my getting ready routine, part of my uniform if you will.

BUT I have never applied make-up to walk the dogs or go to the shops, and rarely on my days off. I think MrWW realised very early on in our relationship that I do it for me and not for him, lol! :love:
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    No makeup
    418069_390072574340250_100000125315418_1706780_1037063239_n.jpg
    ALL the makeup
    524541_419248834755957_100000125315418_1797111_1106917588_n.jpg

i believe in makeup because I am an artist. I see my face as a blank canvas to work on.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on either way, but here ya go:

Before makeup:
    IMG_20120403_182211.jpg

After makeup:
    034.jpg

I wear makeup because I feel more comfortable and confident in it, although most days it's just some mascara.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think it's a confidence thing. I think girl #1 and girl #2 both look great and makeup is overrated (even though you don't go overboard in pic #2)

Agreed. I don't really see much difference between the two and I actually think #1 looks better. You just FEEL better as girl #1.

I wear makeup sometimes. Usually I don't. I get hit on just as much either way.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Why don't men wear makeup? In the animal kingdom, it is the male who has the brightest plumage. And there have been times in history where men wore face powder, fake beautymarks and wigs (and heels). So how come they don't anymore?

If makeup makes women feel more confident/accentuates their features -- why can't men do the same?

It is because we are not birds. Show me the bright plumage on a gorilla.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Interesting post! I'm one of those women that goes on auto-pilot and wears make-up every day. It's just like brushing my teeth or getting dressed to me. I've been this way for almost 30 years when I think about it. (YIKES!). But, recently, I've been reducing the makeup I wear because of my work-outs. I often work-out at lunch or right after dinner. I don't think it's healthy for my skin to be doing a big tough work-out with the foundation on. And, it would look weird to be running around the gymn playing floor hockey with, say, a full red lip. LOL! So, I'm definately pulling back.