Replies

• WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Merrrr....No.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    :sad: After having a horrific stomach acid attack the other night after overindulging in cake, I am not going to have any problems saying no to cake in future.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I just think of how many miles I have to run to burn it off. Answer: TOO MANY. Not worth the seconds of deliciousness in my mouth. Strawberries are just as sweet and delicious and BETTER .
  • DameVenus
    DameVenus Posts: 70
    Options
    I have cake all the time.

I just mix the cake mix with diet soda instead of the normal oils, eggs, and such.

It's very yummy.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I never say "no" to cake. I just have the teensiest piece possible.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A Beginner's Guide to Refusing Food:

Step 1: Look to the left
    Step 2: Look to the right
    Step 3: Repeats steps 1 and 2 in rapid succession
    Step 4: Say, "no thanks."
  • KimberlyAllison36
    Options
    It isn't that you CAN'T eat the cake, it is that you CHOOSE not to because it will add unnecessary calories for your day.

However if you really want it - EAT IT! Log the calories into your counter and continue your day like normal.

If you restrict yourself too much - you are setting yourself up to fail. Eat anything you want - just stick to your calories and control your portions.

I don't have problem with cake - I am not a fan. I have a problem with real food and eating too much of it lol
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Why say no? I do not understand. Eat a small piece of the cake, log it, and go get some activity. I do not tell myself I can't have something it makes me crave it. I want this to be a live style change not a diet. I can not win on a diet because I restrict myself too much and end up quitting and binge. Not what I want for myself. I want to have a healthy lifestyle that includes sweets and treats. It is more manageable that way and I can continue on that way.
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    Take a piece, say thank you, poke at it, put it in the trash.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a small piece. Log it. And move on.

BAM! Easy as that.
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    jinx_portal_the-cake-is-a-lie.jpg
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I find that 'no thanks' works pretty well :)

Either that, or just have a small slice, pop it onto your food list and then do an extra half hour of exercise!
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Look to the left.
    Look to the right.
    Repeat 3x
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    If I REALLY want a piece, I take a small piece, log it, and forget about it!

Don't deny yourself, but keep the portion size under control :)
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I don't say NO I say everything in moderation!

This!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't say no to cake, but I rarely find it right under my nose for free and I'm way to cheap to pay for it. Also, I don't like most icings so that helps me avoid cake. Same thing with any other baked good, I like mine the best, and I'm rarely confronted with it for free and am too cheap to pay for it.
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Someone has just had birthday cakes (fresh cream) at work and I said no!!!!!! It's easy just think of it as a piece of lard sitting on a plate - simples!!!
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    jinx_portal_the-cake-is-a-lie.jpg

I think I love you.
    Aperture labs all the way! :)
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    cake is good, but is terrible for you mentally and physically. if you are trying to avoid eating sweets, just get outta there.

eventually it wont appeal to you, but not at first.
  • PatPenney
    PatPenney Posts: 16
    Options
    You have to do it repeatedly. Discipline is like a muscle. It only grows if you exercise it regularly. The first few times it's going to suck. Then it will suck less the longer you keep at it until cake doesn't have any more power over you and it doesn't fill that emotional craving.