Replies

• joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    I imagine bugs in it:laugh:
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I take the Bob Harper (Biggest Loser) approach. He gets mad at the cake... "$%&# you, CAKE! You have no control over me!"

it's hard for me to only have a little bit b/c I am a cake-aholic so this form of saying "no" has really helped me.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/20/news/la-heb-20120120-bob-harper-self-coaching
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    It upsets my stomach so it's easy for me
  • samsimuk
    samsimuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's my problem. I see slices of cake, trays of cookies, brownies and ooh cake pops in front of me.. How do you say NO?
    I can't!!

Does anybody have some helpful tips or ideas? I need help with my constant desire for sweets!

Help? :)

i work out how many caloires are in it and realise its not worth it !!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I always just say the following, "No, thank you anyway."
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I learned from my Aunt Sue. She doesn't say "no," she says, "I'll have some later." And the next time she says, "I'll have some later." And then eventually she decides later has come, and she has a small piece and really enjoys it.

IOW, don't decide you're never going to eat sweets again. That's a recipe for failure. Just realize that you don't have to have some every time, and when you do, you don't have to have a huge piece. Moderation, not deprivation!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why does this remind me of the yogurt commercial where the chick is yelling at the cake with the teddy bear on it?
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You don't say no. You work it into your daily calorie intake and macros.

this!!!!! Don't deprive your self just know when to stop eating!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    The cake is a lie.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If there's cake/biscuits....basic "lardy *kitten*" food in the office or staff room at school, I just turn around and walk away, and dont go back in that direction for the rest of the day. If I have to take the long route to get somewhere else in the office, I see it as taking more steps, therefore more exercise!!

Or I think of all the fat and sugar thats been put into it, and that puts me off straight away!!

Of course, saying all that, I do have the occassional chocolatey treat at home, but if I ate a piece of cake everytime someone bought cake or biscuits in, (at least once a week) I'd be back to the weight I was and more, when I started this journey in January. Luckily I'm now 22lb lighter from not eating crap food at work and walking everyday.
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just didn't go around sweets for at least a few weeks when I was beginning this. Doing this allowed me to see the results of cutting out sugary foods or cutting down a ton. Now that I feel like I have some self control, I will share a desert with the hubby and the kids, that way I only eat a fraction of it. :)
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    two finger diet? never have to say no?

You're kidding, right? :)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I don't. Which is why I am on this site to begin with.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    jinx_portal_the-cake-is-a-lie.jpg

BEST ANSWER EVER!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think about whether or not the dessert is worth it. For example, I don't like cake pops that much, and it is basically mushed cake and frosting coated with candy, so it probably is highly dense in calories without the pay off of different delightful textures. I would not eat it, again. For cakes, if it is for a special occasion, I will take a slice, but lay off the frosting. If is isn't that good when I have a bite, I won't eat the rest. Cookies, I'll have one or two. I'll work it into my calories. Brownies... I haven't had since I started on here because they require effort to make, and when I make them, I want to try a recipe that is made with black beans.

Ice cream, on the other hand, is about 100 calories for 1/2 a cup (Dreyers slow churned) so I will indulge, if my calorie allotment permits.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You don't say no. You work it into your daily calorie intake and macros.

^^^^ This

It helps if you take a smaller piece too.

Two days ago they had BBQ here at work. I ate the BBQ as much as I wanted, stayed away from the mac and cheese, cookies, and the cokes. It was still higher calorie than my usual lunch, but not near what it would have been three months ago before I started doing this.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Go get pie!

Everyone loves pie!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    When you can make this decision on your own, I think then you can say yes when your comfortable that you can handle it. Everyone has different triggers (ie. emotional eaters, bored eaters, social eaters) Just be in control of your decision and you'll be fine with whatever choice you make.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i cant say no to cake, which is the reason I dont eat it..at all.

For me I just cant stop at 1 slice..i have to have the entire thing, or want more and more and more and....(you get the idea).

So in my mind i know if i have 1 slice, i will end up eating more and therefore ruin my efforts...so weirdly i now find it easy to say no, because i know its not worth it.

^^^Good call. It's a bit like being alcohol dependant and then falliing off the wagon I suppose. 1 Piece and thats it....it's all down hill again!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just say NO..... I found and alterative to cake, because I really enjoy cake, Pineapple bliss cupecakes (90 calories of Yummy) it is just yellow cake mix and a big can of crushed pineapple.... this cures my cake cravings.....
    THIS SOUNDS REALLY GOOD...DO YOU DRAIN THE PINEAPPLE? WHAT SIZE CAN? THANKS!