Why lead a woman on?

Options

Replies

• karmaticgeek
    Options
    It's ego. Some people like being with someone who clearly wants them even though they don't feel the same way at all. It makes them feel better about themselves.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    If I like you like that I will tell you straight up.
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    If I like you like that I will tell you straight up.

Did you just change your picture...I swore I saw white.....hmmm same picture though :noway:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    lol
    Ok so women do it as much as men lol.

I literally had a girl at work come out with me to the bar the other weekend and watch me flirt .....Before we left she told me she wanted to be me when she grew up.
    Oh and honey those games only bother you if you play them. You ignore the behavior and it or he will go away. Go on to the next toy dear its just that easy .
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well he accepted the FB friend request, but he didn't call... you tell me what those actions mean.

Honey, accepting a FB friend request doesn't mean ANYTHING. You sent a friend request, and he said "Oh hey, yeah, I know that girl" and hit accept, and never thought about it again. End of story.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You've got that backwards. He wanted to *kitten* when I was heavy, but unavailable. Now I am "skinny and hot :blushing: " and we are both available and he is NOT interested.

maybe hes a chubby chaser?

Well the girl he just broke up with wasn't chubby.

Ok well I say there are a ton of other guys that would love and worship you! So tell this guy to go F*** himself and move on with your life! You deserve better!

Thank you, sweetie. You definitely lifted my mood!:flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

You've got that backwards. He wanted to *kitten* when I was heavy, but unavailable. Now I am "skinny and hot :blushing: " and we are both available and he is NOT interested.

Why is it so hard to drop him?

I wish I knew. When I met him he was the sweetest man i ever met. Polite, respectful, kind. He still is all those things but he is a player too. Not that I mind playing games to some extent. I'm a natural flirt and so is he. We are a lot alike but I don't play with people's feelings. I really wish I wasn't so hung up on this guy.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    No time for games.

I got thangs to do today.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    No time for games.

I got thangs to do today.

^^^AMEN!
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well you just took me back to where I started. Why bother?

Because it beats standing there and taking the emotional hurt.

It is true what you put out into the universe comes back.

When I was not like I am now..all I would attact is manipulative jerks.

When I changed my thinking and told myself I am better..I went without dates for a while...but I stopped attracting those icky ones. Believe me they hit on me all the time but I just kind of ignore them. They go away... A guy has to work REAL hard to get my attention. I think a bit like a man because I remove the emotional aspect of it and use my logical side.

Well see... I think this is what I do. Except, I don't really remove the emotional aspect when it comes to this guy. Most guys never get a second chance after rejecting me. I have to be honest with myself. IF I decide to pursue him (when this started with him pursuing me), then I'll just end up letting him use me. Which is why I think he shuts me out like this, but then he keeps me dangling... it's like he cares, but just not enough to stop playing games.

um.. ignore words.
    watch actions.

our actual actions are what define who we are.. not the words we say.

I learned this with my SO. When we first got together, he didn't want a serious relationship and either did I. But, then it evolved, and suddenly I was looking for more. He kept telling me he still wasn't ready, but his actions said differently. We have now been together for 6-1/2 years, have a 2 year old together, bought a house, and are going to get married next year.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bunch of games to me. And unfortunately, men think with their head below their belt usually. There are def guys who do not fall under this category but many will do whatever it takes to get it in.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Its all about sex and having options..Nothing more, IMO! I had this guy who I had a huge crush on in college. We talked one day, and he said he was going to call me soon...I have never talked to him since..
  • Nikki3317
    Nikki3317 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :huh: Why does any woman have to feel obligated to have sex with a man just because you go out on a few dates with them? Back in the day you didn't get the prize till ya said I do!!!! Not that I'm old fashioned but a woman or man shouldn't have to be pressured (more the woman) to bed down just because you're getting some positive attention. There should be more to a relationship than that. Just saying......
  • RedMotoRider
    Options
    Hell, why not is the question!, i've meet a lot of women who were looking to become financially
    Stable (gold diggers) thru marriage and were willing to put in the work so I milked that cow while it was standing still!!!
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

maybe hes a chubby chaser?

Well the girl he just broke up with wasn't chubby.

Ok well I say there are a ton of other guys that would love and worship you! So tell this guy to go F*** himself and move on with your life! You deserve better!

Thank you, sweetie. You definitely lifted my mood!:flowerforyou:

Welcome! New body new life new love! Go like a butterfly!!! :wink:
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Men lead you on because they are selfish creatures by nature. They are impulsive and like small children they want what they want right now ... and if you don't give it to them they have to move on to the next .. and once you do give it to them then they will use you up until they find the next thing that intrigues them. Maybe they see us as objects like a car ... run too many miles on us and they need an upgrade and if a fast one speed buys they can't resist! And they lead you on because they probably don't have the backup plan person yet. They are reckless and do not understand how deeply their actions scar women who are emotional creatures.

Then as you get older your so damaged by the previous douche bags .. well ... I'll stop here.

I'm a bit raw at the moment from a 9 year relationship that recently ended. One day engaged, the next day separated, and 3 days after that .. he is engaged to another girl. I find out by seeing a picture on our shared dropbox of her hand with the wedding ring I designed. yeaaahhh.

Shame on me for being a fool to believe that there are good men!

Save yourself the trouble and just let this one go.

I should say again that I'm sure there are a few good ones left. But they are few and far apart. And on the same token there are some nasty women out there who create some of these douche bag men we later encounter. It's a vicious circle.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Men lead you on because they are selfish creatures by nature. They are impulsive and like small children they want what they want right now ... and if you don't give it to them they have to move on to the next .. and once you do give it to them then they will use you up until they find the next thing that intrigues them. Maybe they see us as objects like a car ... run too many miles on us and they need an upgrade and if a fast one speed buys they can't resist! And they lead you on because they probably don't have the backup plan person yet. They are reckless and do not understand how deeply their actions scar women who are emotional creatures.

Then as you get older your so damaged by the previous douche bags .. well ... I'll stop here.

I'm a bit raw at the moment from a 9 year relationship that recently ended. One day engaged, the next day separated, and 3 days after that .. he is engaged to another girl. I find out by seeing a picture on our shared dropbox of her hand with the wedding ring I designed. yeaaahhh.

Shame on me for being a fool to believe that there are good men!

Save yourself the trouble and just let this one go.

I should say again that I'm sure there are a few good ones left. But they are few and far apart. And on the same token there are some nasty women out there who create some of these douche bag men we later encounter. It's a vicious circle.

I'm sorry!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

I wish I knew. When I met him he was the sweetest man i ever met. Polite, respectful, kind. He still is all those things but he is a player too. Not that I mind playing games to some extent. I'm a natural flirt and so is he. We are a lot alike but I don't play with people's feelings. I really wish I wasn't so hung up on this guy.

you're hung up on him because you havent found someone else to crush on yet.
    its not an awesome thought.. but its likely true.
    its true for most people... although girls usually show it more then guys...

and for the record.. every player seems like what you want in a guy at first. thats why they're a player.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

you're hung up on him because you havent found someone else to crush on yet.
    its not an awesome thought.. but its likely true.
    its true for most people... although girls usually show it more then guys...

and for the record.. every player seems like what you want in a guy at first. thats why they're a player.

Yes I know. I've known him for five years. Didn't fall for him until the third year. Thought I was over him after the "I'm going to get married thing." Then I saw him again last week. Just seems like 2 years is a long time to crush on a guy!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A lot of times "he's leading me on" is another way of saying "he's living his life the way he wants to, and I've mistakenly put him in charge of my life instead of taking the same approach"

If other people are in charge of your happiness, you'll always be disappointed because people do what's best for THEM, not what's best for YOU

lOVE THIS