What do you miss doing for your ex

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I really miss waking up in the middle of the night and finding him chatting online with his little sister's friend, bonding over Jewel song lyrics
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    viewing her nekkid pictures for her oh, and donkey punches

LMAO... I dont miss doing anything for my ex.. but if my bf now became an ex I would miss cooking for him
  • Pipergirl2
    Options
    Letting him know how stupid he was...now I have to be nice because of the children.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Having it be appreciated when I would buy flowers. I never buy them for myself and sometimes they're just nice to have around, even if it's only the time between the time I buy them and I gave them to her. Also post it notes left in inconspicuous places for her to find whenever so she'd know I was thinking of her.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Passing notes to her in class. Wow... that was a long time ago.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't sense any bitterness in this thread. :laugh:
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ex husband....absolutely NOTHING. I don't miss bailing him out when the bar fight in Hawaii got out of control...i don't miss paying all the bills after he cleared out his account...i don't miss paying all the legal expenses during our divorce...

some of my ex boyfriends however...there's one thing in particular i miss doing FOR them...but i'll be banned from the forums if i say what that is...
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Making him laugh.
  • barongaston
    barongaston Posts: 109
    Options
    Making her laugh, she had a wonderful laugh that alays ended with a smile that would make me forget all ills.
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Having it be appreciated when I would buy flowers. I never buy them for myself and sometimes they're just nice to have around, even if it's only the time between the time I buy them and I gave them to her. Also post it notes left in inconspicuous places for her to find whenever so she'd know I was thinking of her.

@Hiker282
    WOW....now you are an awesome guy! How sweet is that?
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I don't really miss doing anything for her. I just miss doing things with her. :(
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I really miss all the self loathing that I built up trying really hard to be more like his mom.

Oh. Wait. No I don't!

(for the record, my Ex MIL was probably the most perfect human, in a Donna Reed, good Christian wife and mother, sort of way. I was reminded of this on a daily basis.)
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would have to say cooking for him...
    Also the happy noises that occurred when I did other favors... ;)

Yes, those things. Cooking for my guy has always been something I enjoy doing. But I never felt like he did anything to make me happy. Eventually being happy to do things for him wasn't enough to keep me happy.

Ditto. Even though I had full time job, still made sure home cooked meal ready when he walked in door. Loved cooking for him until he stopped appreciating and started demanding...he sucked the joy out of that.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    my ex is around 500 lbs. no missing him, you can see him from space ...
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I miss the overwhelming joy I got when I kicked him out. Does that count?
    bwahahahahahahaha nuff said!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'll play nicely.

I miss fixing things for her. It gave me a sense of purpose.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Not one motherf*cking thing.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I miss mowing the yard. It was so quiet.... I'd get up early on Sunday morning and get in my grungy clothes and sneak out of his house. I finally got strong enough to start the mower myself and that was a proud moment. I'd mow and sweat and he would bring me water and feed the kids (3 rowdy boys; 2 of mine & 1 of his). I'd put my headphones on and we'd just do yard work for as long as we could stand it.... he'd get the kids settled and do the weedeating and we'd cut limbs or pull weeds. We didn't even need to talk and we worked together well as a team. I miss the teamwork and the quiet time.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Cleaning out the secret stiff socks from under his dresser, of which I wasn't supposed to know.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

WOW....now you are an awesome guy!
    The post it notes - OMG sweetest thing ever!

I used to do something similar, except I used index cards. I had forgotten about that.