Dear Ladies

Options
For those of you killing yourselves on exercise equipment for hours, killing yourselves in gyms for several hours per week, just sweating your butt off to a dvd in your own house, and to those starving themselves to death. Here is some reality for ya.

Britney Spears now has her body back after all the drama she went through a year ago. She has spent over $250,000 on a tummy tuck, breast lift, lippo, trainers and nutiionists (heard this on the radio this morning).

A few of you ladies may have the genetics to look like the Hollywood starlets or women on the covers of magazines but the majority of you will not as long as you are working or stay at home mom and you are not a millionaire.

Guess what ladies, we as men are ok with that. I have seen numerous ladies complaining that they have lost 40 plus lbs and need only to lose 10 more lbs and they are frustrated. Be happy you lost 40 lbs ladies, dont focus on what you have not done.

Give me a lady who is happy with herself at 140-160 over a lady who is unhappy at 120-140. Happieness breeds confidence and confidence is sexy.

Just a guys perspective.

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :smooched: :heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

You rock!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:wink: :bigsmile:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    much :heart: !
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    What a great perspective it is! :flowerforyou:
  • blacKandi
    blacKandi Posts: 2
    Options
    You sound like my guy. I don't want to look like anybody else, I just want to be as fit as I can be. Thank you for your kind words!
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Preach it, Brotha!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Why thank you. I think I will take this day to be thankful for my 30+ pounds lost, put on a pair of shorts, and go for a walk!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

(seriously, thanks for the post:heart::heart: )
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    :smooched:
  • cwalters
    cwalters Posts: 4
    Options
    YOU ARE AWESOME! thanks so much! :happy:
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    :smooched: Totally Awesome!!
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hurray for you.:drinker: I will be watching what I eat for the rest of my life. Not to look like Brittany Spears or any movie star but to feel healthy and have some energy. I'm getting older and health doesn't just happen, you have to work at it. But its good to hear that some males out there have a realistic image of women and not all are meant for center folds. We have beauty in other ways beyond tight abs. Confidence in themselves adds to that beauty twice fold. Nothing bothers me more than a girl that is very skinny saying she needs to loose 5 pounds and is worried to death about it. :flowerforyou: So thanks for voicing your outlook on women that do not have perfect bodies.:drinker:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    thank you for that reminder :heart:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    BUMP
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It would be great if the majority of men figured this out while they were still in their twenties...

But thanks for the nice words :love:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Awesome post. Thank you! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :happy: Great post!
  • sweatingtofitness
    Options
    Good Post and thanks for the reminder that guys out there like you do exist!!! :smile:

I would never in a million years go under the knife if I knew I could get the same or similar look by working hard for about a year!

I have never used diet pills and I have never done yo-yo dieting but I will admit that it has crossed my mind several times. I put up a picture of myself in my home from almost 10 years ago when I was the most active and the most healthy. I use that as my inspiration to keep plugging along and working hard and eating better. Good habits can be formed again and I know I have the genetics to look fab again.

I wish all you ladies luck and keep in mind that drastic surgery is not always the answer!

Cheers!
  • shyangel
    shyangel Posts: 2
    Options
    WOW..........what a great post. It's always nice to read what a real man thinks and his point of view. :wink:
  • taylorgirl
    taylorgirl Posts: 81
    Options
    Yep! That's me lost over 50 pds and sweating over the last 10....Feel and look great now just focus on completing a goal!! Nevertheless...needed to hear those words to know... whether or not I lose the last 10 it won't take anything away from what I've already accomplish :flowerforyou: