better than WW

Options
1235»

Replies

• Batchoy
    Batchoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've done WW lost weight, plateaued and gained the weight plus some back again.

The biggest problem with WW is their proprietary points system which I could never fathom nor successfully apply out side of WW , plus I found it geared to women who didn't to loose much more than a few pounds if any weight rather than people, and particularly men (though they are advertising it to men of late in UK TV) who needed to loose a significant amount.

Three months in on MFP and I'm 33lbs down (more than I've lost on any diet with out plateauing or giving up) and I have probably learn't more about the comparative calorie content of different foods than I have done doing various different diets over the past 30 years.
  • OnlyGrace
    OnlyGrace Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have lost a huge amount of weight on watch watchers. It was wonderful for me at the time. I really connected with several members and the leader. I lost 140lbs and have kept most of it off. It truly is a journey and you have to know where you are in your journey and do what is right for you. I lost 100lbs in 2000 with WW then gained it back over a few years. I joined again, lost 140 in 2008 and worked for them for a while. The second time that I joined, I was determined to find out why I had this problem. You would not belive what I learned about myself. Most of all, I learned, for me, it is about loving yourself. I take such good care of everyone that I love, but not myself! I had to learn to love myself. I quit working for them due to several dramatic life events. It was so odd. The leaders that I looked up to so no longer supported me when I could not work for them! Just wasn't who I wanted to be. I have gained some, but I am here to take control of the situation. YOu have what you need here to be successful. There is not wrong answer, only the answer correct of you!There are good WW groups out there and not so good groups. Add me as a friend if you would like. I will give you all the support possible. I could really use it myself!
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Be sure to stay within your calories. Cutting down on carbs and sugars will help quite a bit.
    I've just started up again this week (Monday) and I'm already down 2.4 lbs. I've kept my calories under 1200

I've given myself 1300 but planned not to count fruit and veg like the WW folks. Hmmmm maybe I've set it too high in that case.

1200 is the lowest any woman should eat. Anything below will tell your body to go into starvation mode. I try to aim between 1200 and 1300 each day, not including my exercise.
  • peechiz
    peechiz Posts: 15
    Options
    I wish you luck in your reaching your goal. Just an fyi. I also participate in WW. It's not complicated, WW has a mobile app as well and they even have a scanner app that will do the points calculations and tracking for you which makes it easier to make healthy choices when you go grocery shopping. You scann an item, it tell you the points and you decide if 3 creamed filled cookies are worth your hard earned 6 points... I use both...they're pretty much the same… One counts calories and the other counts points. I would say the major difference between the two is that WW teaches portion control whereas, I have not seen where MFP teaches the same. What I do like about MFP and I wish WW had, is that it breaks down everything you enter, it shows you how much sugar, protein, carbs, etc...You’ve had for the day.

I think with either one you cannot go wrong, providing you stay within your calorie/points allotment. Just keep in mind that everything don't work for everybody.

Again good luck you.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have accepted a challenge and need help. I have a friend on WW and she keeps urging me to join. I told her to give me one week on my own and if I don't lose TWO pounds, I will join WW. I don't want to join WW. I looked at the point counting system and it looks complicated, and like way to much work. MFP is so easy and the mobile app is a breeze.

But I need support to be successful and win the challenge.

Need friends

Thanks.
    You ask for a big thing, with two pounds in a week. That being said,

do-eet-72431463791.jpeg
  • peechiz
    peechiz Posts: 15
    Options
    @ VADE....that's cute :laugh: