Not everyone can get a flat stomach - True or False?

Options
123457»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would say true. I have weighed 112 lbs, 14% BF rowing 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, and weight lifting twice a week and didn't manage to have a flat stomach, even though I did have 4 of a 6 pack. I still had a bulge at the bottom, I have very narrow hips, and I am fairly sure that's just where my internal organs have to go.

This. I've never been at 14% BF, but I have managed to lose most of the fat from every other part of my body. I have lean arms and legs and I can see 4 out of the 6 pack too - and also still have the bottom bulge. I'm pretty sure by now that I'll never get rid of that. Not unless I starve myself to be so skinny that I'm Gollum everywhere else.

I would question how tall the OP was... like I mentioned in previous post, it's not about weight.. it's total body composition. If you don't have enough lean body mass, you might still have a small tummy. I have seen many women who are borderline or are underweight with stomach issues. And I have seen women with 14% body mass and have a flat stomach without a lot of definition.