Relationship problem?

Replies

• you dont hang out with other guys do you?
    why would you hang out with another girl that likes you then?

Are you telling me you SERIOUSLY can't see a difference there? She's attracted to men. Not women. So if she hangs out with a guy who is attracted to her, there is actually a risk of something happening (not saying OP would ever cheat). If she hangs out with a girl who likes her, THERE IS NO RISK.

Seriously. You're telling me that if you have a female friend who likes you, and a gay male friend who likes you, there's an equal chance of you hooking up with either of them? (I am assuming that you're heterosexual. I apologize if that's not the case).

Seriously, think through the logic here.

Wow, you go girl!
  • Tell him its ok if he wants to have a boy friend of his sleep over.
    Guys do sleep at his house!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    I love when people have the logic that just because someone is a lesbian, they're just going to try and screw everything with boobs and a vagina. Because, ya know, being a straight man means that you want to screw everything and everyone with the right body parts, regardless of any other factors.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Good thing everyone on this forum is a mental health professional and a relationship counselor.

Did you forget that you're on a public, My Fitness Pal forum?
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    he is showing his insecurities obviously...and sounds like he's being an *kitten* along with it. YOU choose your friends. you shouldn't even need to be considering not being friends with her because he feels it's 'weird'.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Hi everyone! I was just wondering if any of you could help me out here.
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half. Everything goes good but it seems like all he wants to do is fight. Last night, a friend of mine, (who is a lesbian) stayed the night. I feel like he doesn't trust me with a FRIEND for crying out loud. So what if she likes boobs? He thinks I am going to cheat on him with everyone and everything!! I have never done anything wrong to him. By the way, I am only into guys. Should I just stop being friends with her?
    Thanks xoxo

Also, we have talked about this already. He said he just finds it "weird" that I have her staying the night. He is jealous for no reason. Because like I said, I am into men. I love him, and he loves me. I don't want things to be over with over a few arguments. It's not worth throwing a year and a half down the drain. How am I suppose to show him he can trust me?

no or low self esteem....he is applying his own insecurities on to you. He feels he is not good enough so he thinks that any chance you get you will leave him for someone else....anyone else same or opposite sex.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    And honestly, back to your original post, I would NEVER consider dropping or pushing aside a friend of mine for a romantic relationship, no matter how long we had been together. Those feelings will come and go, but friendships will remain, because they aren't based on the fragility of sexual attraction and passion. I would really consider how important to you he is, and what attributes you're willing to put up with, if it comes down to pushing aside your friend over him. His not trusting you, unless it's based on some past action of yours where you cheated or something similar, isn't going to go away, because more likely than not, it's based on his own insecurities, and doesn't have anything to do with you. A year and a half may seem like a long time, but in the world of romantic relationships, it's really a tip of the iceberg.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    I love when people have the logic that just because someone is a lesbian, they're just going to try and screw everything with boobs and a vagina. Because, ya know, being a straight man means that you want to screw everything and everyone with the right body parts, regardless of any other factors.

Bingo.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Just break up.

It's like you two just create dumb problems and stress.

It's gonna make you fat.

Feel free to subscribe to my kiwiburger newsletter for more great relationship advice at the link below:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/kiwiburger
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Good thing everyone on this forum is a mental health professional and a relationship counselor.

Experience, my friend.

You're young and are most likely possessive yourself, which is why you find the OP's boyfriend's behavior appropriate and "flattering". Life will teach you otherwise. You cannot control other people, and any attempt to do so will push people away from you.

Who in the blue hell said I could control anyone? Also assuming makes a you know what out of both of us
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Get out. Once this kind of stuff starts happening, and you LET that kind of stuff start happening, he's only going to get more controlling in different aspects. And honestly, the assumption that just because she is a lesbian she would be attracted to you and try something is ridiculous. Men aren't attracted to EVERY woman they see, and neither are lesbians.
    You should never ruin a friendship over a guy. Next, he will think all of your guy friends are going to try to get into your pants.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Yeah, high school's rough.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Tell him its ok if he wants to have a boy friend of his sleep over.
    Guys do sleep at his house!!

In that case, tell him what he does with his boy friends in the privacy of his bedroom is no ones business, and he should show you the same respect or GTFO.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Oh to be 18 again...
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member

So is that combover, sexy.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    18 months seems like a long time now, but if you stay with him now you will only break up later.
    If he thinks it's part of a relationship to fight with you over trivial stuff then the relationship is doomed and it's time to cut your losses.
    Don't waste 5 years on him whatever you do.

Is he jealous when you talk to guys or lesbians on this forum? You bet your boots he is!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    lesbian girlfriends of my girlfriend do scare me and yes it is because i am insecure..

they can be burly dikes or lovely "friends"

lesbians offer something men cant get... a womens point of views towards sex...

we cant compete with that... i dont care how hard you try we cant.. we arent women and lesbians scare us because they have something we dont when it come to courting and pleasing a woman... nothing can change that...

if things flow towards the girl then enjoy yourself and take lots of pics for us :)
    Seriously? :noway:
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member

lol
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    So is that combover, sexy.
    tumblr_lh9gmygfrA1qbwbi0.png
This discussion has been closed.