What animals did you last see whilst out exercising?

Options

Replies

• jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    seagulls, squirrels, lizards, ants
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    we have an alligator in our pond in the subdivision, luckily its a pretty big pond and he usually stays in the middle! Across the road there is horses, donkeys, and every once in a while I hear roosters crowing.
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I saw a wallaby the other day and today I saw a group of kangaroos...yep I live in Australia and I'm on a farm in the country....unlike what you may think that are not bounding down the main streets of the capital cities hee hee.

LOL!! One thing I want to ask, are they agressive? The other poster from Australia said she was scared of them.
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    we have an alligator in our pond in the subdivision, luckily its a pretty big pond and he usually stays in the middle! Across the road there is horses, donkeys, and every once in a while I hear roosters crowing.

You must live in Florida. I live on a lake in Lakeland FL and when I walk my dog around it, there is a big gator that just stalks us (he stays in the water) and follows us. I guess he's waiting for us to go in the lake and he can have a doggy appetizer!!!
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What a fun topic!

On my last run I saw:
    --Neighborhood dogs & cats on my way to my running path
    --Canada Geese
    --Regular Geese
    --Some really cool looking white waterbirds (no clue what they are)
    --Various small birds
    --Horses
    --Cows
    --Lots of pigeons
    --Bugs. So many bugs.
  • willismack2
    Options
    This morning there were squirrels, robins, geese, and lots and lots of rabbits!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I saw an alligator tail, but once i told myself they weren't native to canada, and made myself go closer, it turned out just to be a chewed up pipe... so much for too much imagination.

other than that just squirrels, chipmunks, geese and cardinals, oh and lots of dogs.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is what I see most days:
    Dogs
    Horses
    Wild turkeys
    Geese
    Deer
    Rabbits
    Squirrels
    Snakes
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

You must live in Florida. I live on a lake in Lakeland FL and when I walk my dog around it, there is a big gator that just stalks us (he stays in the water) and follows us. I guess he's waiting for us to go in the lake and he can have a doggy appetizer!!!
    Is your dog white?
  • lisalis626
    Options
    I gotta find a new place to run! I'm jealous of the all animals listed above. Besides all the gorgeous doggies taking their owners for a stroll, all I get are geese. Lots and lots of geese.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I saw this guy and 4 manatees.
    1013356r.jpg

I want to live where you are!
    Its Sanibel Island FL.,
    sanibel3.jpg
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    goats and rabbits and lots and lots of sheep. and dogs. bazillions of dogs.
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is so interesting! Can't believe some of you see snakes on a regular basis - I live in Ireland where there are no snakes and if I saw one I would FREAK OUT. It would provide me with some good sprint training, mind you...

This morning on the beach I saw a sea otter! Very rare over here so really exciting to see. There are often seals too.
    Other interesting things I see -
    Irish hares
    Pheasant, partridge and snipe
    Herons
    Badgers - occasionally as they are nocturnal
    Our neighbour breeds miniature goats :) So cute!!
    The hunt keeps their hounds down the road so I often see them out exercising.

When I go hiking I sometimes see wild goats and deer.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Stepped on a cottonmouth snake the other day while running on a trail near a swamp. I didn't even realise I stepped on him until I heard it hiss and try to bite my leg.That definetly got me moving a little faster!
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Goats, cows, horses, chickens, and rabbits. Heard coyotes, but did not see them.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I run through the ag area of the local college, lots of baby animals this time of year -

cows & calves
    sheep & lambs
    horses & foals
    jack rabbits
    cottontails
    mourning doves
    red winged blackbirds (love these)
    killdeer
    hawks

I know there are snakes & coyotes out there, but thankfully neither have crossed my path (yet). :bigsmile:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    desert cottontail rabbits
    javalina
    lots of quail
    dead toad
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Two Deers ran tentively across the road in front when I was cycling yesterday. We stared at each other when they'd found the safety of another field.

This species I think:

2089746_01f4493c.jpg
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I really need to get away from here (south coast of UK)

All I saw yesterday was...
    2 cats
    2 magpies

That was it :frown:
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    Stepped on a cottonmouth snake the other day while running on a trail near a swamp. I didn't even realise I stepped on him until I heard it hiss and try to bite my leg.That definetly got me moving a little faster!

EESH I can imagine that happening to me...we have lots of snakes here! And I run right along the water...snakes don't normally bother me but I stay away from the poisonious ones!!!