worst comment ever made about your weight

kangakev
kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
I was standing at a bus stop one day, a young guy walked passed me and said "frigging hippo !"

Replies

• kbubbles87
    kbubbles87 Posts: 28 Member
    how rude! I have always said to myself that the people that make comments like that are the ones that are really hurting on the inside! What really gets me sometimes though is when I'm all dressed up and out on the town thinking I look fantastic and some jerk has to yell fat a** out the window. I know we shouldn't let words hurt us but sometimes its just too hard to ignore. Just keep your head up and a huge smile on your face!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    You guys need to stay away from those people!! Thats just aweful!! Believe me those are the people that have No real quality of life because they are just that shallow!!! - they can't possibly appreciate any kind of real relationship and thus are missing out on best things in life!

You just do your best to feel better about yourself and don't EVEN listen to idiots like that!! I know its hard though!

I have never been Really overweight but both my parents have been. My dad had the stomach staple surgery so he's much better - mom is pretty heavy but they are both wonderful people that I'm proud to call my parents regardless of their looks....I'd just like to see mom get healthier! Anyway - it has fueled me to try and keep my weight under control....though lately its a little out of control!

But once when I was like a size 8 (I WISH!) I ran into someone I used to work with when I was about a size 4 (AGAIN, I WISH!) and he made sure to make a comment about me gaining weight...REALLY??? Are some people raised with NO TACT!!! I never forgot it....But, to hell with him! I'm gonna try and believe I'm beautiful from the inside out! The outside just needs a little work ;-)

pssss....I'd just love to see a size 10 again ;-) though an 8 would Rock!!

Good Luck in your journey to become a healthier person! But try and ignore the horrible, unsupportive people on your way! They don't deserve the time of day from you!!!
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Every Christmas when we go to my inlaws my husband's brother invites this older couple and one year she said to me "if you'd eat some vegetables you'd lose some weight." That was it! I started my diet right after that! She still questions me every time I see her about what I am doing to lose weight! She's is such a bag!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I was standing at a bus stop one day, a young guy walked passed me and said "frigging hippo !"

See, that's when you follow at a safe distance shrieking, "The paternity test says it's yours! Stop walking away from me! And when are you going to pay the hospital bill from breaking my jaw?"

He will never say anything rude to anyone in public again.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    "You have such a pretty face."
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101

See, that's when you follow at a safe distance shrieking, "The paternity test says it's yours! Stop walking away from me! And when are you going to pay the hospital bill from breaking my jaw?"

ROFLMAO
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member

:laugh: This is the best possible response.
  • When I was little I was called a dinosaur because I was constantly running around in just a sports bra or whatever and I would hunch over and my spine would really show and you can see the bumps. Even now you can still see them but less of course.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Well, my mum has been telling me my whole life that I need to lose weight (including when I was 100lb in high school) :/
    Now that I have lost quite a bit and starting to look good she goes on about how I can't eat certain foods... e.g. eggs and cheese. (hellooo protein!)
    When she sits there eating maccas!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    I was shopping at Target one day. I was standing, going through some clothes on a rack. One of the sales people came over and said, "The Plus size clothes are over there," and pointed to a different section. I smiled and said, "Thank you," but I was mortified inside.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member

Awe. I'm sorry! If I were there I would of spoke up or punched the idiot!

He will probably try to pick u up in a few months, then u will get your revenge. :drinker:
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    I dated a guy in college who said that I would never be attractive because I was heavy. He was the kind of guy that wouldn't claim me as his GF in public, but only in private. He tried to say he was he best I was ever going to get... (that didn't last long) and 4 years later, I'm 53lbs lighter and I have a man who loves me NO MATTER my size and is proud to hold my hand (and my waistline)!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    It's a toss up, both family members actually.

Ten days after having my 2nd son we drove 7 hours to surprise my Granny on her 80th birthday. As soon as my mom saw me she gave me a big hug, held me at arm's length and said "Wow, you sure packed on the pounds didn't you?!"

and

One day I was changing clothes and my husband walked in. His words: "Damn baby, you used to look good, what happened?"
    I gave birth to 4 of your children, that's what!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I was shopping at Target one day. I was standing, going through some clothes on a rack. One of the sales people came over and said, "The Plus size clothes are over there," and pointed to a different section. I smiled and said, "Thank you," but I was mortified inside.

It's kind of nice to know there are people in this world who have even less tact and common sense than I do. I doubt she lasts very long on that job.
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    When are you due? NOT Pregnant
    Are you sure you should be eating all that? (My Mom) followed by, Did you get enough honey? I don't want you to go away still hungry."
    No, you're not pretty-you're BIG.

My Fav: You're not THAT fat! Like, as opposed to what? A Hippo? Er, Thanks (?) for the complement(?)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA

YES!! I tend to think of these things hours later when it's too late.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    "when are you due?"
  • Brothers and other kids at school called me "fatass" during my entire childhood, and I wasn't that big at the time. :frown:

The worst I've had was an ex-crush tell me that he would hang out with me only if I lost some weight. :noway: Needless to say I never tried contacting him again, though I recently found out his new girlfriend is bigger than me. :laugh:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    When are you due? NOT Pregnant

Yup. Got that one a few times. I used to try to be tactful about it, last time I said, "I'm not pregnant, just fat. Thanks for noticing." My sister replied with, "It's not a baby, it's a tumor." I'm not that ballsy...lol
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    oooh actually my first boyfriend told me if i lost weight i would probs be better in bed :grumble: