Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good job Blues!! I didn't have a great week.....up 1 1/2 lbs. It was my birthday and I ate some things that I wouldn't normally eat. Now I'm having trouble getting back on track. I am working out, but not eating great. On the plus side, I used to beat myself up and ruin all of my progress if I gained a pound or two. Now, I focus more on the positive and the weight that I have lost instead of the little bit I gained. Anyway, congratulations and Good Luck to you all.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I totally KILLED shoulders and arms today!!! Up'd my weights and reps on a bunch of moves and feel amazing!! :bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Good job Blues!! I didn't have a great week.....up 1 1/2 lbs. It was my birthday and I ate some things that I wouldn't normally eat. Now I'm having trouble getting back on track. I am working out, but not eating great. On the plus side, I used to beat myself up and ruin all of my progress if I gained a pound or two. Now, I focus more on the positive and the weight that I have lost instead of the little bit I gained. Anyway, congratulations and Good Luck to you all.

Don't step on the scale, except for once a week. Women fluctuate so much it's enough to make you crazy. I have been weighing everyday, for a long time now, and find it ruins my motivation. I haven't remeasured in a while, but I know I'm smaller and in control. (ok, it's only been 5 days...):blushing: :laugh: It was your birthday-that day is a free day, so now just try to start it up my friend, and you'll be rollin'.:drinker:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I had birthday cake for lunch today! Probably not the best choice but I'm completely just not worrying about it this week. I was at my Mom's house and she wasn't expecting me to be there for lunch so she didn't really have anything I would eat on hand. I haven't been logging my food, so I'm sure that's made a big difference. Since tomorrow is my birthday and I know my Mom is going to have cookies for me, I'm just not logging food until Saturday. I have the day fairly well planned out as far as eating right for breakfast, lunch and snacks but I'm sure even just one cookie would put me over and the negative number on here is what stresses me out. I'm going to try to get in at least 30 Day Shred in the morning! Have a fabulous weekend! I'll be cleaning my butt off getting the house ready for hubby! :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Just did a 68min walk with Laura and with that added to my hour of weight lifting I ALMOST burned 1000 calories today!!!! I was at 935 but I'm too beat to go run around and make it 1000. :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Just did a 68min walk with Laura and with that added to my hour of weight lifting I ALMOST burned 1000 calories today!!!! I was at 935 but I'm too beat to go run around and make it 1000. :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Great job!!! :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I workout to the wii active and burned over 500 calories. :drinker: I'm drinking water like crazy and I feel great. I should have went for a walk today because it was so nice out but that never happened. Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day but its my off day of exercise.

WTG rach on the calories.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    What's everyone's weekend plans & how do you plan on staying in control & accountable??

** I plan to visit MFP, often, to track my food & drink - no CHUG - lot's of water to help combat cravings!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well I will make smart choices, drink plenty of water and HOPEFULLY exercise - I had a shot in my heal yesterday and the pain is unbelievable!! Hopefully in a day or so it will be better.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Just realized that we can share our food diary now - I've opened mine up to "friends" - another way to be accountable knowing anyone can see what you're doing.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I started to feel guilty for not logging my foods last night so I entered it all in. I was actually short 160 calories! It's amazing to me how I beat myself up for one poor choice and think I've blown my entire day. Since I was still hungry, I made myself some peanut butter cracker sandwiches. I hate going to bed hungry - I wake up sick to my tummy!

I've had a productive day so far. Laundry, picking up and some organizing! Let's hope I can keep it up and work out during my daughter's first nap. This weekend is going to be all about cleaning and menu planning. I need to get my act together so I can enjoy my hubby time!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I dont know whats up with me. I cant seem to get my eating in order.. I feel as if I will never make it down past 182lbs *sigh* Maybe im just meant to be in the 180s? arrrrrrrrrrrrg :sad:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    carrie - are you totally eliminating some of your favs? maybe try small portions so that it's not forbidden and making you crave it more

try drinking water before you eat ANYTING....

don't give up you can do it!
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I've been so busy this week I haven't even posted in the new thread. I lost 1 pound this week. I've been running around trying to get the house and backyard ready for my daughter's birthday party tomorrow. Haven't even had time to log my food the last 2 days. I'll be back on track with my logging and exercise on Sunday - when I can breathe again! Then I start classes again on Monday - it just never ends! Looks like you guys are doing great! Have a good weekend!
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Checking back in after being MIA. Caught a pretty nasty cold that seems to be going into my chest now :grumble: Admittedly, haven't stepped on the scale, logged in my food, or exercised since last Sunday. Expect I'll have to make up for the "lost" week as I also haven't been drinking a lot of water either, but rather high calorie juices for the vitamin C. I lost it once, I can lose it again right? :ohwell:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    carrie - are you totally eliminating some of your favs? maybe try small portions so that it's not forbidden and making you crave it more

try drinking water before you eat ANYTING....

don't give up you can do it!

I dont limit myself no. My probs are... I eat TOO much... and I eat because I can... If the food is there sitting in front of me I eat it. At work for instance.. It was really slow.. I was hungry so had a basil cheese cake with a bit of veg... then later... it was slow.. so I had 4 chicken wings... Then a bit later was slow once again and there were still dinner specials... which was chicken cordon bleu... with gravy.. a HUGE piece of freshly made chicken.. so I had that.. Was I hungry? Nope... Did I drink lots of water? Yes I drink about 3-5 litres a day... 2-3 of them at work withing 5 hours. I just have no self control what so ever with anything in life really.

I can do good for days, sometimes weeks at a time... I will get down to a good weight and then it will come right back up again. :grumble: I just cant control myself.. I cant figure out how! Ive tried chewing gum... I drink tons of water all the time.. I run (literally) from the food, I throw it in the garbage... I try to pawn it off on others... Though eventually it catches up with me. :frown:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Sounds like you work in a restaurant??? That's really hard....everytime you think you want something to eat - look in the mirror - and ask yourself - do I need this? Do I REALLY want this? IS IT WORTH IT? It's a big mind game - after all that if the answer is yes and you've thought about it, then eat. Add in extra exercise if you need to. Also a trick that works - brush your teeth first - nothing tastes very good right after.....
  • sanifrey
    Options
    I've been so busy this week I haven't even posted in the new thread. I lost 1 pound this week. I've been running around trying to get the house and backyard ready for my daughter's birthday party tomorrow. Haven't even had time to log my food the last 2 days. I'll be back on track with my logging and exercise on Sunday - when I can breathe again! Then I start classes again on Monday - it just never ends! Looks like you guys are doing great! Have a good weekend!

Sounds like you're really busy! Lot's of planning, huh?? Well, don't leave yourself out!! The wonderful thing about MFP is that we can plan our meals for days in advance! If you have an idea of what's going to be on the menu, go ahead & put it in!! That way, you know exactly where you'll end up or at least be able to enjoy that 1 slice of cake with out the guilt!

Enjoy!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Checking back in after being MIA. Caught a pretty nasty cold that seems to be going into my chest now :grumble: Admittedly, haven't stepped on the scale, logged in my food, or exercised since last Sunday. Expect I'll have to make up for the "lost" week as I also haven't been drinking a lot of water either, but rather high calorie juices for the vitamin C. I lost it once, I can lose it again right? :ohwell:

Yes you can!! And you will!! Just hang in there & get yourself better!! Do what you can do & take care! Log what you can, when you can & the rest will fall in place as you start to feel better! Don't feel bad & don't beat yourself up. Just get better!! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Well I will make smart choices, drink plenty of water and HOPEFULLY exercise - I had a shot in my heal yesterday and the pain is unbelievable!! Hopefully in a day or so it will be better.

Ouch!! :sad:

Feel better!! :flowerforyou: