Replies

• ssfromal
    ssfromal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that there aren't as many men using this site...it's just that women are more chatty in the forums. The men keep out of all the drama. :laugh:
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    6'2" started at approx. 335, currently approx. 265, trying to get to 225. I need to get my butt back on it and knock this last 40 pounds out.

I wish I had some local folks who actually worked out the way I do, it would make this a whole lot easier.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think you are only limited by your mind set, men and women can both motivate each other. Im thankful for some of the men friends I have since they look at things differently sometimes and that can help to keep me focused.. I do understand it can be more women than men tho.. I see LOTS of men posting so maybe you just arent looking in the right locations?
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I know I don't belong in this thread; I was confused by the title. :D

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.

Right?! I thought this was a thread about liking larger men. Damnit. Plenty of eye candy here though :drinker:

Ha ha!! Me too!!! I love "Big Men" :flowerforyou: fellas!!!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I know I don't belong in this thread; I was confused by the title. :D

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.

So so true and let me tell you, You are all pretty fricken gorgeous! Great work guys!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    31 yr old. 6'3, large frame. I always been told I carry it well.

470-480 lbs. in this pic
    before.jpg

most recent pic. 319 lbs. here
    2012-03-18_02-58-59_727.jpg

the weight loss has slowed down a bit but I am in no rush. I don't have a set goal weight on the scale I am shooting for. I am going by how I look and feel. Probably somewhere in the 200-220 lbs. range.

Golly..you are quite the sight! Wonderful! i commend you!

Keep up the great work!

I know...check out that dimple :blushing:
  • jimmaysc
    jimmaysc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At 5'11 and 41 years old, I was 356lbs and in horrible shape. To make it worse I am a Strength Coach and a Football Coach. I have put my nose down and pushed to be a better example for these young men and my own children. I am 289 lbs as of today and still working to at least get down to 250. My college playing weight was 245 so any where close I will be happy with. Read all the stuff and try until you find what works. Then put your head down and work At it till you get to where you want to go. Nothing of great significance is achieved without great sacrifice. Good luck!!
  • braves20111
    braves20111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The best motivation comes from within. Do it for yourself and you will achieve the highest satisfaction!
  • augiedad
    augiedad Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 6' 2" 58 years old. I started at 322 now 212. Maintaining for the past year. Now working hard to shape up. Good Luck all. It can be done!
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    5' 11", 36 year old. Started at 261.2 in February now I am down 232 as of this morning. Hoping to be down to 200 by Labor Day and my goal weight of 180 by the end of the year.
  • considermac
    Options
    I hear ya. It is mostly women AND I am very cool with it. I am 6'2" and have been 260 and trying to get down to 200. Stay positive and stay focused is my new modo!
  • ccguillory
    ccguillory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow I am really proud of all of you that took the first step to get to where you are. I know it is not easy and the journey has its moments..

Keep up all the good work.. Just remember.. Women love men that will motivate them to be the best they can be but is still that sweet personality as well..

Congrats to you all.. :)
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    6'2" and down to 205 now
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey, my eyes are up here!

Oh......excuse me....... what did you say ??? LOL !! No seriously, why doesn't someone start a man's group on here ? There's a great one for Low Carb (me) and everyone needs to find the right type of support !!
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Started this journey @ 560 lbs. in May 2009 unable to walk from one room to the other without the aide of a rolling computer chair. 34 months later am now 255 lbs. (down 305 lbs.) I was always the big kid in school (6 grade I tipped the scales at 230 lbs.) but I used it to my advantage in sports (Football- played offensive and defensive line, and tight end) never possessed the height I wanted (6 ft. 1 in.) but never let that slow me down on the gridiron... Life just got to hard and food always seemed to fill the void but I changed all that... No one or nothing will ever control my destiny but myself!! I have only myself to answer to (well ok better through the wife in there lol I wanna wake up in the morning hehehehe) and I will stay in control from here on out.... I have some work left to due, have skin surgery in June (surgeon thinks close to 25 lbs. of skin removal) and then total knee replacements at years end (grade 3 osteoarthritis both knee's, torn meniscus both knee's and torn ACL in my left knee.) I am shooting for 220 lbs. (after surgery) and at that point I will begin my official training (no my weightloss mode) building lean muscle, less cardio, more protein shakes, etc... Weightloss has been my focus for 34 months, I do strength train 3 days a week (all low weight, high rep). Add me if you would like, us big guys need to stick together...... :-)

2009May2.jpg

2012-03-31_08-27-41_160.jpg

2012-03-31_08-39-35_376.jpg

You look Amazing!!! wow!
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out how to post an image. Let's see if the thing works

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-29%252023.29.21.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-26%252019.58.37.jpg

wow! you look great!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'7 And I was 290 at the hight of my out of control wieght gain spiral.

Eating a cookie...
    fat.jpg

Right now I'm down to 260 and plan on getting to about 230.

Hiking in Arizona
    hike.jpg

If anyone needs some motivation, go ahead and add me.
  • Aggieman09
    Options
    I don't know if this has already been posted in thread, but I'll throw it up anyway. Group for BIG GUYS that was started not to long ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4094-the-big-men

Keep up the good work, fellas! Great to see how other guys my size are progressing.
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!