Simple Treats (Share Your Favorites) Keep Them Simple

Options

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My favorites are
    Puffed wheat squares. Oohhie gooie chocolatey goodness for 100 calories.
    Honey ham sticks in leiu of pepperoni. They are 45 calories.
    Teddy Gram cookies. Lots of littles to settle the cookie monster inside for 130 Calories
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bumping for later read. :blushing:
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Pumpkin spice muffins

1 box super moist spice cake mix
    1 can pumpkin

mix and fill muffin cups 2/3rds full

bake according to box

84 calories a muffin..........so yummy!!!

What size can of pumpkin?
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Rice Cakes with PB!!! :love:
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs with yellow mustard - try it - you'll see :)

a lot of the time i'll remove the yolk and put some mustard in its place, but not always. depends on my mood :)
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogutt with pb2 and chocolate protein powder and dark cocoa powder. yum
  • bdsweetie21
    bdsweetie21 Posts: 14
    Options
    Fiber One Brownie, fudgey and rich and only 90 calories to get me through a chocolate craving! Love all of the ideas!

I eat these too! :)

Also, I don't know if anyone else posted this (didn't read through all of the posts) but I slice up strawberries and spray on some fat-free Redi-Whip YUM!

Another thing I do is freeze a sugar-free Jello Pudding Cups. Takes about 2hours to freeze all the way through, so it takes a bit of planning... sorta :P. (don't keep them in the freezer all the time, they eventually freeze solid and you have to thaw to be able to eat them)
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1 ripe banana
    1/2 cup of Simply Orange orange juice
    Three ice cubes
    1/2 tsp of vanilla

Blend until sinfully smooth. It's so dense that it's my lunch sometimes...paired with some Wheat Things. Mmmm. :love:
  • NonDebutante3dot0
    NonDebutante3dot0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I have few calories left but feel munchy, I love to crunch on an ounce or more of Sugar Snap Peas (34 cals per oz). When I have an extra couple hundred calories, I nibble on 8 square of a Divina mint dark chocolate (192 cals).
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    A toasted crumpet with a teaspoon of jam on it :D
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    VitaBrownies or VitaTops...especially the chocolate ones. You microwave them, and they are like warm chocolate brownies...mmmm.. I discovered them when I had gestational diabetes, and my dr. reccommended them as an evening snack...they keep you full all night for only 100 calories.
  • abcmom03
    abcmom03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Mine is a savory. Melba toast with red pepper jelly and blue cheese. Yummy!
  • kellapicola
    kellapicola Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump! These sound so good....
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This one probably doesn't count, but one way I control my cravings for chocolate and sweets, is to allow myself to indulge in one or two Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles. Sinfully delicious and only 3g carbs each. If I keep them on hand and allow myself one or two whenever I want, I wind up only eating two or three per week. If I don't have them available, the cravings want to get out of hand!

What do you think. Does this count, or not?

I have one every night before I go to bed. Definitely counts.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    I've just put some grapes in the freezer to try it :)

I may be doing it wrong... but I also like to use frozen grapes as "ice cubes" in my wine, lol! :tongue:

A friend of mine makes sangria and freezes extra fruit for it it's perfect for a hot summer evening.
  • holliebattershell
    Options
    I just add some nutella to fruit, e.g. apple, banana or some strawberries, stops me craving chocolate!!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Protein pudding: 1:1.5ish mix of a casein powder and water, mix and stick in the freezer. 30 min is about pudding consistency, longer reminds me of a fudgesicle.

No bake granola bars: 1 cup peanut butter (I use dark chocolate dreams, so yummy), 1/2c honey, 2 cups cottage cheese, and whatever dry ingredients I have on hand. My last batch had 2 cups rolled oats, 2 cups textured vegetable protein, 1 cup sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup psyllium husk powder and 1/2 cup ground flax seeds. Refrigerate an hour and cut into bars. My last one was a bit too dry for bars, so it's more of a granola. Delicious and über healthy though!