How do you eat your Greek yogurt?

Options
5ladybugs
5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
I love the Liberte brand coconut Greek yogurt but at 280 calories for 3/4 cup. I don't have it anymore.
I tried plain 120 calories per 3/4 cup, but I just couldn't do it. I've been eating honey Greek (140 cal per 3/4c) with granola on top. Love it!
So what's your fave ?

Replies

• brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do the vanilla greek yogurt with granola. Usually I have some fruit on the side. Such a yummy breakfast!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I like plain greek yogurt with 1 tsp pure maple syrup mixed in. Totally yummy AND the protein grams are still higher than the sugar grams.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    my favorite brand is the oikos with fruit on the bottom. black cherry and blueberry are yummmmmy. i also like the voskos brand. lastly, i like chobani
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I eat chobani or fage non fat plain greek yogurt with stevia or fruit from the berry family.

I also put in my favorite protein powder and a little cocoa powder.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I make mine. Like it plain.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I use Kashi GoLean Crunch instead of granola - it's higher in protein, fiber, and (according to me) deliciousness than granola.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I mix 4 oz of plain chobani greek yogurt with half a scoop of protein powder and add some cereal for crunchiness, or I would have 4 oz yogurt with some fruits and nuts and add a little bit of honey or agave and have it as a dessert .
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    i like adding granola to mine ..yummy
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I like the plain non-fat with a little agave nectar, almonds and berries. I usually get the bigger tubs of stoneyfield organic oikos or fage but I'll buy chobani if its on sale for $1
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup plain Chobani or Oikos greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of raspberries, blueberries or blackberries & 2 TBSP of fruit & nut or banana nut granola. Yum!

I also use it in place of sour cream, used it in a spinach stuffed portabello mushroom & recently used it in place of mayo in an awesome chicken salad.

LOVE THE STUFF! :)
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    I love the Yoplait Key Lime, best.

But I also love the Oikos Organic with Caramel at the bottom. It's totally indulgent!
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options
    Chobani's been better than any other Greek brand I've tried. I just decided today, though, that I don't care for most of the fruit flavors.

Sometimes I eat it with wheat/flax cereal instead of milk. I'm a huge fan of the crunch, but if anyone's got recommendations besides cereal for that, please share!
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like plain greek yoghurt with 1 tsp raw honey and fruit (either thawed mixed frozen fruit) or fresh pineapple. I also add cinnamon and ginger with the pineapple.
    Sometimes I also use a blender and use a frozen banana and some raw honey.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    CHOBANI.

I can't get enough of the stuff. I usually stick a handful of fiber-rich granola in the cup. <3
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options
    1/2 cup plain Chobani or Oikos greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of raspberries, blueberries or blackberries & 2 TBSP of fruit & nut or banana nut granola. Yum!

I also use it in place of sour cream, used it in a spinach stuffed portabello mushroom & recently used it in place of mayo in an awesome chicken salad.

LOVE THE STUFF! :)

Yes! Awesome sub for sour cream.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I've learned to like it plain.

I do Fage with a pint of blackberries.
    I also blend frozen mixed berries with the yogurt to make a smoothie.

I tried to mix it with broccoli today...baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I like the Yo-Crunch... It has blueberries on the bottom and you add granola to it. It's around 120 calories. I actually wish it had less blueberries, more yogurt.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Chobani or Fage, avoid the dannon / yoplait stuff they are nasty and add weird thickeners rather than just straining it.

I use the 0% plain for "tadziki" dish out 4 oz (1 serving), add lots of dill weed (not dill seed), finely chopped cukes, salt and pepper. Eat with pita chips, or take 1/2 a serving of pita chips, crush up and top the yogurt. very "cheap" snack. -- consume immediately. it wont' keep, the cukes will give out water. if you need to transport it to work, keep the cukes separate until consumption.

I too use it as a sour cream substitute. When using it for mayo, i do 1/2 yogurt and 1/2 reduced fat mayo.

For something unusual.... dish some yogurt out, add in a TB or 2 of your favorite nut butter (I like roasted almond butter), and some jelly (low sugar if you like). Mix, and it's like a super creamy PB&J

Edit: I'm totally NOT anti-additive, but it will be nasty if there are additives. The ingredients should be skim milk and bacteria. nothing else
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    With a spoon. Although a straw could be fun.

Chobani fan here. Raspberry with 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder every morning.
  • LittleSimoni
    Options
    I like Fage (or any plain) mixed with fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc). I do add a wee bit of sweetner to it as I have a sweet tooth.