How do you eat your Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• lidiette4632
    Options
    I love CHOBANI non-fat pomegrante, strawberry/banana and rasberry. I eat it with granola or with scoop of chia seeds. yummie!!!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I put in a spoonful of sugar free/ fat free vanilla pudding mix and leave it alone for at least five minutes. The pudding mix makes it sweeter and thicker and it tastes like cheescake. Someone posted it on here awhile ago.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I haven't really tried eating my greek yogurt straight up with fruit or honey etc. I may have to give it a try (have some strawberries atm!). I often eat about 1/2 a day on top of a pile of broccoli and/or baked potato, like sour cream. I love it!
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I add about 12 roasted almonds to mine for crunch... I like Chobani with fruit the best so far, but I'm still experimenting.
  • chiefjoseph
    chiefjoseph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do is add some Crystal Light Natural lemonade (or whatever flavor you like). I usually add 1/3 to 1/2 of a packet to 1/2 cup of yogurt. Sometimes I add in a couple slices of pineapple, too. 60 calories for the yogurt, 5 for the Crystal Light, and 60 for the pineapple, comes to 125 calories. And it tastes good too...
  • seizethefray
    Options
    ...with disdain.

lol I'm still getting used to it. It kinda grosses me out but I choke it down for the health benefits. I dig yoplait more than chobani.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    plain with fresh fruit (berries, plums, peaches, apricots, mangoes or bananas) or with a tablespoon of jam in a similar flavor.

Or in a raita or tzatziki sauce. Or on top of bread pudding instead of whipped cream. Or in panna cotta.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    granola, cantaloupe, strawberries, honeydew, grapes really any fruit :)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    my usual breakfast (or oatmeal instead of the yogurt):

Trader Joe's - Greek Style Nonfat Plain Yogurt, 0.75 cup
    Generic - Ground Organic Flax Seed, 1 tbs
    Dymatize Nutrition - Elite Whey Protein Isolate - Gourmet Vanilla, 0.75 Scoop
    Blueberries - Fresh, 0.33 cup
    Driscoll's - Blackberries, Fresh, 0.33 cup
    Trader Joe's - Organic Strawberries, 4 medium
    Dole - Banana - Small (6" to 6-7/8" Long) , 1 banana

edit: with 2 cups of green tea. my breakfast the most awesome way to start my day--full of amazing fuel!
    ~350 cals
    35g carbs
    40g protein
    6g fat

and not to mention all the antioxidants, whole grain and vitamins!
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    with a bit of honey drizzled on top. maybe not the healthiest option but so good ! or with kiwi fruit/ or strawberries yummy :)
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    oh and what helps in switching to a healthier yoghurt is next time at the supermarket chekc out the sugar content of the flavoured yoghurt ! some are so high
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I eat mine plain or mix in some raw nuts. Currently I'm crushing up raw Brazil nuts and stirring it into my serving. Delicious!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I only eat the low-cal kind. I have had honey flavour (love it!), fig and date flavour (also quite good), and vanilla. I like all the flavours I've had so far and I eat it directly out of the carton (or a bowl if I buy a big carton).
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    1/2 Cup plain non fat Chaboni Greek Yogurt
    1/2 cup chopped strawberries (or pears, apples, banana--I did not care for pineapple)
    1/2 cup granola
    1 tsp Honey
    1 tablespoon chopped/slivered nut of your choice

Absolutely Yummy!
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    10% Milkfat greek yogurt and with stevia and vanilla extract, next I will try it with walnuts and a little honey.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Stonyfield Oikos... as a sour cream substitute, especially on my soft tacos and taco salads.

Fage 0 my favorite way is with an orange peeled sectioned and quartered and half a banana stirred in. Any fruit in it is pretty good but the banana is my go to mix!
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love plain greek yogurt with fresh mango, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, or raspberry! Basically any fruit that is fairly sweet by itself.
    They are also nice to use as a dressing sometimes, such as for tuna salad, or as a replacement for sour cream in wraps and sandwiches.
    Plain or flavored ones can be thrown into smoothies for some extra protein as well.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I also add green onion and use it with my nachos! :tongue:
  • C_June
    C_June Posts: 48
    Options
    Fage's plain Greek yogurt is so good that I don't even eat anything with it.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    any chobani greek yogurt with uncle sam cereal :)