well done x what an insperation
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Complete awesomeness!!!! :bigsmile:
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow well done you! What an inspiration you are to us all you remind us that hard work gets results and you look great!
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. Very handsome!!! Congrats. You are truly an inspiration :-)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey, myself. The only difference is mine was, we can't do surgery to fix your back unless you lose weight. It was the first push that really got to me and made me think, I have to do this.

This morning, I reached 20 pounds since the beginning of the year. I have lost around 50 since I was given the news that nothing short of 200lbs in loss would be acceptable for the repair I possibly need. The loss is also supposed to improve my pain, and your story gives me hope!

Thank you for sharing, I truly hope to post a similar topic when I get to where I need to be :)
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Nice! I am on a major journey myself. Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • SCH67
    SCH67 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congratulations... very inspirational... thanks for sharing
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey, myself. The only difference is mine was, we can't do surgery to fix your back unless you lose weight. It was the first push that really got to me and made me think, I have to do this.

This morning, I reached 20 pounds since the beginning of the year. I have lost around 50 since I was given the news that nothing short of 200lbs in loss would be acceptable for the repair I possibly need. The loss is also supposed to improve my pain, and your story gives me hope!

Thank you for sharing, I truly hope to post a similar topic when I get to where I need to be :)

My back pain was definitely a "motivator". But it was also motivating how other people noticed the difference and how I was able to walk more and more without having to take breaks to gasp for air all the time. My journey was slow, but steady. Other people lose the same amount of weight in a shorter time. But I believe it is thanks to the slow loss, that I haven't got many issues with loose skin, etc.
  • RiverTom
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. Very handsome!!! Congrats. You are truly an inspiration :-)

Thanks, that comment put a big grin on my face this morning.
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You do look incredible! Congratulations on your achievement mate :D
    Lower back pain is my main motivator to lose weight at the moment, you have inspired me. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Simply astounding! You should be shouting your successes off the rooftops!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    woah. Awesome job. you definitely have tickets to the gun and adonis show
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Great work, glad to see you didn't lose your cheery smile along with the weight :happy:
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!!!!
    You look like a different person, you lost years and gained some awesome guns!!

You look fantastic!

:flowerforyou:
  • hairypete1138
    hairypete1138 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, as a guy who started out at 165.5kg last year, it's good to see another guy on here who has gone down by more than I am aiming to with no ill effects! Out of interest, can I ask how tall you are?
    Cheers
    Pete
  • RiverTom
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, as a guy who started out at 165.5kg last year, it's good to see another guy on here who has gone down by more than I am aiming to with no ill effects! Out of interest, can I ask how tall you are?
    Cheers
    Pete

Hi Pete, I'm 1,83 m or 6 ft 0 inches.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Holy Fat Loss Batman. Super Job!!!
  • hairypete1138
    hairypete1138 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks, so only 2 inches taller than me - I feel better about our goals being the same now!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Hang in there and keep the momentum! I hope your doc is able to reconsider and take you sooner to help alleviate the pain but keep up the progress all the same!

River Tom: Awesome freakin' job! That is an impressive transformation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!