Who in the world invented these!?

Options
124»

Replies

• livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. We have a commercial deep fryer. I have limited the use of it since December but once in a while will do something special for my husband or guests. Deep fried pickles, ice cream, cheese cake (so good), cheese curds, homemade deep fried fries, onion rings, homemade corn dogs etc. This is not something we do all the time. Now, come football season it will be more but not like it was in the past.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    people my husband works with talks about Deep Fried Oreo's all the time, and he in turn comes home and tells me about how delicious they sound...really? They don't sound that awesome to me.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad for a fair that will be selling.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................deep fried butter. Yep, sticks of butter put on a stick, coated with batter and deep fried. WTF?
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    stoners................... everybody was thinking it. i used to smoke. you get some crazy ideas when your high. lol dont judge me. oh and in the south we fry everything. whoop whoop

THIS ^^^^ LOL
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I tried the oreos once. I ate 2 and thought I was going to die.

The things you'll try when you start drinking at 7AM for 4 days in a row..... :ohwell:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Chocolate dipped bacon is also a wonderful fair treat. I have never tried the fried stuff.
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    Well, it's not as bad as it used to be nowadays. Pretty much only my relatives do it. My family might treat themselves, but not engorge in it. However, I admit, I am only craved to one fried food. And that is fried breaded catfish. It's caught naturally since my stepfather fishes sometimes, and it is heaven! <3
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I saw an add today for "hotdog stuffed crust pizza". It has hotdogs in the crust instead of cheese.....

NASTY!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that since you have started eating healthy, respecting your body, and exercising that you judge others in your head when you see them eat junk like this. I feel terrible for doing it but it just happens.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I had a battered bounty bar before and I'm sorry but it was fabulous..
  • C_June
    C_June Posts: 48
    Options
    Not sure if this was already mentioned because I didn't read through all of the posts, but I saw on the news something about deep fried koolaide. I mean, really?
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

-Deep fried Oreo's
    -Deep fried... ICE CREAM!?
    -Deep fried Twinkies
    -Deep fried Snickers bar
    -Deep fried Watermelon
    -Deep fried Cheeseburger
    -Deep fried Doughnuts

Have you heard of Deep fried buttter stick? I wish I was kidding. Saw it at a fair. A whole stick of butter...battered...deep fried. Now I've eaten some crap in my life, but *that* almost made me :sick:
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I tried the Chicken Fried Bacon a couple of years ago at the State Fair of Texes.....Not bad. The fried Cheesecake was better.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    MMMMM, Deep Fried Icecream. This has been around for at least 30 years. I've always found it in Mexican Restaurants.

I just recently had deep fried oreos. They were worth every single calorie. :drinker: