Chocolates on sale everywhere! What did you get?

Options

Replies

• AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Nothing because I wanted these:
    GOLD BUNNY!
    and they were out, so I was annoyed and didn't get anything.

My Wal-Mart had a lot of them so I definitely had to snag one. I've never had one. Is it just solid chocolate?
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    WHY?????
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I bought nothing because I have absolutely no self control when it comes to chocolate and peanut butter.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    GOLD BUNNY!

My Wal-Mart had a lot of them so I definitely had to snag one. I've never had one. Is it just solid chocolate?

It's hollow, but made from very good chocolate.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Nothing! and DH and I had a deal not to buy each other anything. I will eat it all in one sitting...I have no self control and I won't touch my son's goodies...because it's his stuff!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Because I have no self control, I picked up something I was craving at that moment: a dark chocolate covered peep.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    GOLD BUNNY!

Hollow but it's quite thick but the chocolate is to die for! This is what we get our son every year!
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'd be all over the Reeses peanut butter cups if I could control myself and eat just one a day lol

I LOVE Reese's PNB cups! My husband went to the store after work last night and bought 3 packages. AHHHH!!! I was just telling myself earlier today, that I MUST limit myself to just one a day. This will be a true test of my self control! lol :smile:
  • AeolianHarp
    Options
    WHY?????

50% off chocolate! I love chocolate. I honestly wish they had more dark chocolate, though. I'm not too particularly fond of milk chocolate but I'm more than happy to settle for it.
    It's hollow, but made from very good chocolate.
    Hollow but it's quite thick but the chocolate is to die for! This is what we get our son every year!

Thanks to you both. Hopefully MFP has the calories and such so I can integrate it into my calories.
  • KatherineSullivan
    Options
    I didn't buy anything... not worth the calories or weight gain.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Buttercream + toasted coconut in chocolate = Win

Where? I am unfamiliar with this brand of chocolate (something I have never said before)

Only on the east coast, and they're made in Philadelphia.

How did I miss this brand? I am a total chocoholic, I grew up 40 minutes outside of Philly and I went to freaking Penn.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    After valentines day a local store had Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt very cheap. Wish I bought more of that!
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Cadbury mini eggs. 4 BIG bags. Probably enough to last until next Easter :/

Those are my favorite!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Amazon had some of their Easter candy on sale last week...I've been wanting to try PB2 so I figured I'd take advantage of the free shipping and add the chocolate to my order...now mind you, most of this will end up being used in treats I bake for friends and to take to work, but the Cadbury Mini Eggs will be mine...
    Reese's Miniature Cups 4 ~ 11oz bags for $4.43 ($1.11 a bag!)
    Hershey Milk Chocolate Kisses 4 ~ 11oz bags for $5.84 ($1.46 a bag!)
    Cadbury Mini Egss 4 ~ 10oz bags for $5.86 ($1.87 a bag!)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Buttercream + toasted coconut in chocolate = Win

Where? I am unfamiliar with this brand of chocolate (something I have never said before)

Only on the east coast, and they're made in Philadelphia.

How did I miss this brand? I am a total chocoholic, I grew up 40 minutes outside of Philly and I went to freaking Penn.

They are everywhere around Easter and then they go away till next year, you can find them at all supermarkets, cvs, rite aid, 7-11, wawa etc
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    I looked it over, and didn't get any. I bought some chocolate chicks and bunnies and truffle eggs for my company, but no one took any! Everyone is cutting back! So, I decided (since they wouldn't even take it home with them!?!?!?) that I will just have it as it fits into my daily calories, in place of dessert occasionally. Now that I log everything, and I am acutely aware of the calorie counts, I don't want to blow a days good work by inhaling chocolate. If it is still around when my club meets, I'll take it to share. It is easier for me if I don't have too much candy around. Being able to leave it in the candy dish is a victory for me. I formerly was not able to do that! It gets easier as you learn to believe that it will still be there tomorrow, and you don't have to eat it today. Rinse and repeat....:laugh:
  • AeolianHarp
    Options
    I didn't buy anything... not worth the calories or weight gain.

You don't magically gain weight from eating chocolate. :p
    After valentines day a local store had Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt very cheap. Wish I bought more of that!

Chocolate and salt go magically together. I'm actually composing a plated dessert at the moment experimenting with four different kinds of chocolate and different kinds of salt.
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Check out my chocolate spread:

ea5x5s.jpg

What did you guys buy?

Where are you at in the world, that they still have Oh Henry's????? I loved them but haven't seen them since I was a little girl!!!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i bought an extra bag of mini eggs. they are my favorite; i miss them the rest of the year.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    nothing...or else it'd be gone like THAT!