T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 18!! Welcome!!

Options

Replies

• pinkyjane48
    Options
    Hi group!! I've done 3 days of exercise this week, Sat and Sun will be #4 and #5 :) Very happy.
    BUT, no real weight loss yet. Next week really need to stick to the no-nighttime-munchies. Didnt do too bad tho!!

indianagranny - sw216.2/gw160/cw188 -.2 loss
    indianagranny - sbmi31.6(for the contest)/gbmiunder30/cbmi30.3 -1.3
    manda1111 - sw198/gw135/cw175 - -2pound loss
    cjchism - sw200/gw140/cw197
    4maria - sw/gw/cw - 2 pound loss
    Aprilrenee - sw245/gw150/cw240 -2 oz loss
    prayerfulmom- +2
    Losingit4good- SW 240 / GW175 / CW 217.2/ Lost .6 pounds (I'll take it!)
    Losingit4good- SBMI 30.2/ GBMI under 27/ CBMI 29.5/ Dropped .7 points during May.
    adopt4 - sw 273/gw 165/cw 235.6/-3.9!!!!
    stillkristi - sw 461/ gw 195 / cw 394 2 lbs lost (May 1 = 429 June 1 = 394 total pounds lost 35
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.5 At the beginning of May, BMI was 61.5 - total loss = 5
    Melina (PJ) SW 150/GW 135/CW 149.9/ .1 loss
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Happy Weigh-in Day!

So I lost 1.1 this week, and that beings me to THIS: For a lot of us, we're only going to see about a 1 pound loss per week, on average. It feels like we're eating much better, working out more...so 1 pound seems minimal, eh?
    Nope. Wrong...
    As someone told me once, add that average up over a year. That's 52 pounds! Slow and steady wins the race, in more ways than one.
    Because while you're losing that 1 pound a week, you truly are changing your lifestyle and attitudes. And that's far more important than any "biggest loser" miraculous weight loss.
    Isn't it?

Anyway...
    SW: 136 GW: 115 CW: 129.5 1.1 loss
    CBMI: 23.7 (so I met whatever goal I'd set for May)

prayerfulmom- +2
    Losingit4good- SBMI 30.2/ GBMI under 27/ CBMI 29.5/ Dropped .7 points during May.
    stillkristi - sw 461/ gw 195 / cw 394 2 lbs lost (May 1 = 429 June 1 = 394 total pounds lost 35
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.5 At the beginning of May, BMI was 61.5 - total loss = 5

What I noticed last week was an incredible difference in my self-esteem. I haven't felt "pretty" for over 2 years, but I felt that way this past week, off and on.
    It's not the "noticeable" weight loss, although my face is slimmer. It's the slow, but steady, progress...and the tremendous support I get from the team.

And happy dance...I went down one size in jeans today. So now my sister's "big girl" pants are going to the closet, and some of my old, beloved clothes are coming out.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    18 weeks wow..

I am going to have to go to my sisters to weigh later, scale is on the blink.. It's broke : ( won't light up.. And now what?? I guess I am starting over and have to have the trust of another scale...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    prayerfulmom- +2
    Sheila - SW 329 / Gw 150 / CW 288 / no loss no gain just maintaining...

well team I havent lost anything this week but with all my diving everyone every where I have not had much time for my work outs... I am absoulutely drained from driving all day...and I am still not done doing things.. I want to swim tomorrow need to keep working on the pool... and I have to finish my garden... I want to sleep right now and i have to cook dinner!!! well i have to help cook cuz hubby is making Jerk chicken on the grill!!! we bought the marinade while we were in Jamaica...

see you all tomorrow.. have a Great FRIDAY

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    prayerfulmom- +2
    Cindy...SW: 136 GW: 115 CW: 129.5 1.1 loss
  • 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Options
    WOW...we have all lost a lot of weight.....this just keeps me motivated, maybe next week, I'll feel like exercising!

sw248/cw/246/ (1st)gw190

Be well.....
    Maria
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    WOW...we have all lost a lot of weight.....this just keeps me motivated, maybe next week, I'll feel like exercising!

sw248/cw/246/ (1st)gw190

Be well.....
    Maria

Maria, you're right there with me. I originally set my first goal weight at 191 and then decided to choose an end goal, 191 is what put me in a healthy BMI. Then I decided to goal full out in my ticker so set a goal of 165, which is still overweight for my height, but I don't want to be skinny, just healthy, and I"ve always had a lot of muscles (farm girl). So figured when I get close I can re-evaluate, anything below 185 is below high school weight and so would be a good goal!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    4maria - sw248/gw190/cw246 - 2 pound loss
    prayerfulmom- +2

Morning Teamies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adopt4 - Congratulations Girl - FANTASTIC JOB - Happy Dance for you. You deserve it. Keep up the good work.

Sheila - with everything you have been going through since your trip and etc. I am proud of you for maintaining. That is a hard job in itself. So hang in there - the time will come when you will kick it back into gear.

Anita - where are you girl? Busy day yesterday?

Melinda(PJ) - glad to read you are happy with things. That in itself is a good reaction. Keep up the work and sensible eating and those pounds will come off.

Manda1111 - I enjoyed your post. OFTEN I have to remind myself you are suppose to be losing but with what life throws at you did you maintain or stress out and go hog wild? Keep it up girl.

Kristi - Thanks for posting your monthly weight loss CONGRATULATIONS GOOD JOB! It made me go back and take a look at my monthly weight loss 7.4 pounds loss and I was happy. It made me feel good. Thanks for another jolt in this journey.

Prayerfulmom - Hey go - you realize what happen and can look to change it next time. But remeber, we are all here, if needed post your frustrations here and let us listen and encourage.

LI4G - Your energy that flows through your posts abounds me. Thank you for that. Good Luck with the cake - I still can't wait to see it. Have a wonderful party.

Cyndeebee - Congratulations on your weight loss girl. Did you get a computor table yet?

Jamie, DWray44, Renayeb, Healthymom, - Hi girls hope you had good week.
  • cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I decided to go ahead and weigh myself last night so I can be on track with you all (I have been weighing in on Mondays and just did this last Monday) I lost another 1.8 lbs, yeah!!! I started this 2 & 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 4.8 lbs. At 1st I was a little discouraged with the low numbers...but I know I did not gain this weight overnight. I also must say since starting this I have also started exercising at least 5 days a week, spinning class, step aerobics and treadmill. I really feel healthier and more energenic than I have in years!! I am already much more happier and can not wait to see what the next few months bring me. Thank you and I look forward to this Friday with you all and your support. Have a blessed weekend.
    sw:200/gw:140/cw:195.2
  • indianagranny
    Options
    prayerfulmom- +2
    cjchism - sw200/gw140/cw 195.2 - 1.8

Congratulations CJ - Keep up the good work. I weigh on Fridays and Mondays due to another thread I am in. Keeps me more accountable over the weekend also.
  • 4Maria
    Options

sw248/cw/246/ (1st)gw190

Be well.....
    Maria

Maria, you're right there with me. I originally set my first goal weight at 191 and then decided to choose an end goal, 191 is what put me in a healthy BMI. Then I decided to goal full out in my ticker so set a goal of 165, which is still overweight for my height, but I don't want to be skinny, just healthy, and I"ve always had a lot of muscles (farm girl). So figured when I get close I can re-evaluate, anything below 185 is below high school weight and so would be a good goal!

Adopt4,
    I'm thinking the reason I've never been successful at achieving my "goal" range (114 - 154) is because it seemed SOOOO far off....unachievable in my mind. So I decided to go for a number that I'd feel comfortable with for now.

If I stay true to myself and continue to understand that food---yet very temporarily satisfying-- will not pay my bills, help me with the kids, cope with stressful situations at work, etc... FOOD is a means to nourish my body so I CAN cope/deal with any crazy situations that come my way---(everyday life!)

I chuckled to myself when I read about your High School weight....I never weighed myself regularly back then because "I WAS SO OBESE" but in reality I probably averaged between 180 -190.

I was always chunky. If I could turn back time knowing what I know now....I'd never go on that 1st diet at 10. My mother thought she was helping me by bringing me along to her Weight Watchers meetings---(a yo yo dieter herself). I really didn't get it at that age, it just reinforced what I already knew---I WAS A FAT KID. So here I am today a fat adult, sometimes, my own worst enemy.

The good news is that I've decided to reach out for help and I can educate and set an example for my own 13 year old daughter about eating for health not comfort!

I want to thank everyone here that offered support, comfort and kindness....it is greatly appreciated!

Have a great SATURDAY!:flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

I have been up for a little bit now getting everyone breakfast and then I am out to the garden to weed and finsih planting... There is kill deer bird eggs in the garden so I had to roadatill around then... the momma bird was freeking out when I was roadatiling so I did do a big square where the eggs are...

The pool seems to be ready but the levels are all good and it is still a bit cloudy??? I keep going to the pool store and they keep saying almost there!!! well I dont want to be almost there!!! I want it to be THERE!!!

well this is the kids last week of school coming up!!! I like the fact I wont be driving all over but now they are going to be home all day with me!!!! LOL

Maria - I have faith in you in reaching your goal...you can do this... I know you can.....sometimes we have obsticals in our way, we just need to get them out of our way a keep on going!!!

Indiana - your right, in this last two weeks since I have been back from vacation I have had a lot on my plate and I havent been able to exercise the way I was.. although I am still watching what I eat and when I eat.. sometimes I dont get my six small meals in.. so I really think that is one of the reasons I am only maintaining and not losing.. but I am okay with that because once the kids get out of school then I can hit the gym full time... and I can take my one daughter with me... I might just sign my other daughter up that is 8 so she can go to...I see alot of kids there whith their mom's or grandma's

Kristi - You are doing Awsome... I m so proud of you keep up all your good work...

CJ - Glad to have you join the team... You are doing great...keep up all your hard work...

April - How did the dr.'s go??? what did he/she say??? Hope all went well...

well I have to look back in the thread for everyone else I cant remember so much!!!LOL!!! sorry... Everyone keep up all your Great Work and I will see you when I get done in the yard...

sheila
  • adopt4
    Options
    I chuckled to myself when I read about your High School weight....I never weighed myself regularly back then because "I WAS SO OBESE" but in reality I probably averaged between 180 -190.

I was always chunky. If I could turn back time knowing what I know now....I'd never go on that 1st diet at 10. My mother thought she was helping me by bringing me along to her Weight Watchers meetings---(a yo yo dieter herself). I really didn't get it at that age, it just reinforced what I already knew---I WAS A FAT KID. So here I am today a fat adult, sometimes, my own worst enemy.

Yep, that's me too. I have a picture on my fridge of me in college - fat? Not even, but I thought I was HUGE. I would kill to have that body back, I swear! I don't have daughters yet but if I do... I will teach them about being healthy vs. the "media" look.

I was reading in another thread someone saying that they look in the mirror and think they look ok -then they see pics of themselves and see how big they are. That is me, too, I used to joke that I had anorexxxia - when I look in the mirror I saw a skinny person. Just shows how off our self image is... now i look in the mirror and think I look exactly the same as I did 35 pounds ago, I see every bit of fat now... so I have to work on my view of reality again!
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    healthymom - sw208 gw150 cw181 up 1lb this week

:ohwell: My apologies for not weighing in yesterday. I took Wed off and which became thurs/fri unplanned days off exercise. Last night's homemade pizza tasted so good but is killer on sodium and calories. Husband's work schedule and bad weather are my excuses this time. Back on the wagon today - no more emotional eating :grumble:

Congrats to everyone who lost weight this week.:flowerforyou:

P.S. I was overweight as a child too. I loved swimming but was always the slowest one in the pool. I still hate my picture being taken because I don't like to see how big I am compared to everyone else. (except my new profile picture).
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    Hey group, I have a bunch of energy this morning. I already did my 1 and a half mile walk and plan on doing it again later. I came in and started laundry and cleaning so the whole house is clean now. I feel great. I am headed to the grocery store in a few.

Sheila- The Dr. said that my knee problem is just were the fat has gone. She said to keep up with what I am doing and as I lose weight it will go away. She said that if I lose 1 lb a month she would be happy. I was like well I want to lose at least 2 lbs a week. She said just to do it healthy. I took her a print out of what I have been eating she like how this site does that. My BP was ok and I go back in a month. I hope your pool is ready for us. I am getting so excited about coming up.
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Wow...I am SO tired. I got up at 4:30 a.m., to do a "Trunk Sale" with my parents, at their church. We managed to hang in there until about noon. Sold off a lot of our good junk, including some of my hand-painted quilts and cushions...so I'm happy. I had the foresight to attach my little business tags to my work, so hoping for repeat customers...

Anyway, I'm glad that's over. We started out the morning...freezing. A few drops of rain. By mid-morning, it was scorching hot.
    And I'm tired. Ready for a nap, but my son and his fiancee are coming up tomorrow, and I haven't even begun to plan dinner, so I still need to make a trip to the grocery store.

My daughter is headed to a sleepover/birthday party. I'll have the house to myself for the evening and the night. I had intentions of coming home and doing more cleaning...
    But, I think I'll just go to sleep...
    :yawn:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Well... here's the birthday cake I made for my geek-boy hubby. It was the biggest pain the in the *kitten* cake I have ever done and I will NEVER, EVER, EVER again make another laptop cake as long as I live.. LOL! He loves it tho, so it was worth it! :happy: For those of you who dont know, hes been working on his Bachelors in Computer Science, so I had to do something funny for him.

photo-5.jpg

Cant stay, have to clean house and put all the deck furniture back and get the 10lb pork tenderloin smokin on the grill so its done by the time our guests get here.

I'll check back in tomorrow with ya'll and catch up on comments then.
  • 4Maria
    Options
    WOW....I am SO IMPRESSED! That is the BEST cake I've ever seen. How creative! Thank you for sharing it! It looks so good, I'd hate to cut it!

Have a great Party!
  • adopt4
    Options
    And her cakes taste great, too, that's always a bonus... unless you're trying to lose weight! LOL Sorry guys I get to partake of the cake, I'll enjoy a bit for ya'll... Need to hit the gym yet today, I have to get tires replaced on the van in an hour, then home and change for gym...

Went g-saling all morning, was a nice, quiet time for me.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    prayerfulmom- +2
    nita g - SW 220/ GW 145/ CW 185 - 2 lb loss