T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 18!! Welcome!!

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    my ticker is gone..
    now it's back
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi gang, had to work today. A wretched staff retreat. It was terrible. Oh well. Over now. think I will try to work up the energy to work out. Prolly not. I'm really exhausted from the retreat. HATED it. Oh well. Just wanted to check in. See all y'all later.
  • Hey Gang

LI4G - What a beautiful cake! Another award winner definitely. Looks delicious.

Anita - Congratulations Girl on the two pounds

Aprilrenee - Can I borrow some of your energy??????? Please

Kristi - same here - ehausted no energy.

Have a good night all
  • Good morning ladies, I decided to skip work today. Whoa. I am getting ready to do my walk while it is nice and cool. I got on the scale this morning and I know I shouldn't have but I lost another pound. I guess all my energy from yesterday helped. Indiana granny I would be glad to give you some. I am taking the walmart brand weight conscious vitamin. I took it last year when I lost 30 lbs. I just hope I got over the halt of the weight loss and it starts coming off. I almost have to be 15 lbs lighter or I may not be able to ride some of the rides at the amusement park in July.

If anyone would please look at my diet journal and give me some tips of what I may be doing wrong or right. I have it available for public viewing.
  • 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Good Morning Everyone....

Well last night I got together with a few friends and "partied like rock stars" I logged everything...and I was over about 1200 calories....But at least I'm aware....today will be a great day! It's a beautiful day here in southeastern PA so I'll be sure to get out and MOVE.....

Be Well.....Maria
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning, everybody...

I think I caught up on my sleep from yesterday...
    I slept for 9 hours! Rare for me. But I'm feeling it today. With fibromyalgia, you generally don't get enough sleep because your body stiffens up...and you wake up early. So 9 hours of being in one position...ouch.

I do have a table for my computer now...a card table. I still haven't had a chance to go and look at my new desk. Will have to do that this week, because when I type on this card table, the keyboard bounces and the noise is distracting. (Eventually, I've got to get this redecorating done so I can have a normal life.)

My son and his fiancee are coming up today. I have no idea what I'm cooking for supper, but it will be something healthy. I'm thinking either pork tenderloin...or some kind of chicken dish with lime and salsa...

Anyway, I'd better get to the grocery store and figure something out. Time's a-wastin...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    well good morning Team,

well I got my grarden finished!!! its all planted.. I have 16 brussel sprout plants, 16 sweet red peppers, 16 sweet yellow peppers, 8 green, 8 purple, 8 halapino, 8 hobinaro, 8 cucumbers, 8 acorn squash, 4 sweet potato's, 8 cherry tomatos, 3 grape tomatos, 3 big boy tomatos, 3 golden yello tomatos, 8 celeberty tomatos, 8 other tomatos for got the name...then I got some herbs, 3 chives, 2 Leeks, mint, 2 cilontro, parsely, curry there is some letus, red onion, watermelon, cantalope and the pool looks great!!! i need to vacume it again today but it is supose to rain.. but it was really clear finally... after two weeks of working on it..and 300.00 down!!!:cry: but the outcome will be a plus!!!

Li4g - That cake is awsome you did a GREAT job..keep up all those cakes coming...

April - Glad everything went well at the Dr.'s... I really can't wait to see you in July and catch up on old times..we are going to have so much funn..What was the dates again we are trying to plan a pig roast...and my nieces granduation party is the 11th at my house...

cyndeebee - Hope your day with your son and his fiancee is great.. I still yet have seen my son or my grandson...He called me and aske me to call her and appoligize to her so he can come see me.. and I told him that i am sry but I havent done anything to appoligize for..and I am the adult and she isnt even my child so there is no way in ---- I am going to allow her to speak to me like that and if he cant understand that then I am sry but I dont deserve to be talked to like that EVER.. nor do i need the stress.. so anyway Enjoy your day my day will soon come...( one can only hope)...

Indiana - How are you doing today..I have another person to add to the list..my Uncle Dave he had lung cancer.. I knew he passed away I just forgot what from..

well I hope everyone is doing GREAT today...it is supose to be isolated thunder storms today...it is very over cast..but I am just relaxing

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    Sheila...
    That's a good sing, that your son called. Even if he asked you to apologize, it shows that he's missing you. I admire that you stuck to your guns, because you set the stage for future relationships with his girlfriend. Eventually she'll know that she has to be fair with you. Yes...Your time will come. Very soon, I think.

I can barely move today. I'm at the point where I have to slowly turn my whole body to look to either side. My neck won't move...

But I did manage to get to the grocery store, and I bought "easy" food. A precooked chicken, instant potatoes and potato salad, bagged lettuce. I'll try out my new steamer for broccoli and cauliflower.
    And for dessert...angel food mini cakes, low fat topping, fresh raspberries.
    Thankfully, it's not my night for dishes. It's Brittany's night. If history repeats itself, my son and his girlfriend will NOT offer to help...
    But that's okay. When I go to their house (rarely), I've stopped helping them...:laugh:

Anyway, I'd better go and rest my back and neck. Watching the baseball game again. They lost the other night, but they're showing great promise today. (I'm a Blue Jays fan.)
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Morning everyone!

I spent an hour walking with my Aunt yesterday at the cemetery looking for her sons plaque. (he died when he was 3 from spinabifida). We never did find it so Im gonna go back and look more later in the week. She lives out of town, so I told her I would find it and take her to it next time she visits. Its just up around the corner from my house so its easier for me to look for it.

Anyway... I feel hungover probably because of the sugar in the cake. I ate 2 pieces.. 1 of each kind and amazingly enough I didnt even go over on my calories and was under. I was a bad monkey yesterday and didnt really eat much of anything until about 3:00, which I know is a major no no for me. Once I got it logged I was pretty surprised to be under. I didnt drink enough to even catch a buzz. Had a shot of tequila and 2 hard lemonades (which I make from Crystal light & tuaca) and I didnt even finish 1 of those. Thanks for all the cake comments :happy: Everyone got a kick out of it.

Aunt flo showed up this morning, so Im pretty sure how I feel is a combo of both too much sugar and pms. Im just glad she didnt arrive yesterday cuz now I feel like I could just stay in bed all day. My back and my legs hurt like hell. The food went like wildfire and there are no leftovers, so Im gonna make hubby cook some chicken on the grill tonight. Was planning to go to the gym today, but I hurt so bad I think I just need to camp on the couch and take a rest day after all the running around and being on my feet. My energy level is just not there.

Swignal- WOW! Sounds like a great garden!! I have about 20 pepper plants going and they are doing great. Your gonna have tomatoes coming out your ears girl!! Thats alot!! Make sure you get some basil going in that garden too if you dont have it. Some basil, tomatoes and some basalmic vinegar and olive oil and viola... instant snack that is soooooooo yummy! Works awesome as a salad too!

Cyndee- Glad you are off the floor! I remember being in that spot a couple different times and it is NOT comfy.. LOL Have a good visit with the kids :happy:

4Maria- Way to get back on track!! :happy:

April- Going to check out your journal when I get finished here.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    LI4G - Great job as usual on the thread opening! Love the cake, thouroughly enjoyed pics of the yard and the kitties. You are a seriously busy woman!:heart:

Adopt4 ~ You are are doing so great and are such a role model to the rest of us! Sorry for your "troubles" ~ I use an herbal tea with senna twice a week that promotes potty action - its fantastic and never fails to produce results (got it at the healthfood store). Senna is a "cleanser" so any product that contains it would work - use in moderation.

Kristi - Sorry for you bad staff day at work. Bad days stink ~ hope today is muuuuuch better:flowerforyou:

Indiana- you are another real inspiration on this thread! As you face stresses in the coming week, just remember food is fuel and not a drug. Start thinking of water as your drug for stress (that's what I'm trying now - to retrain my brain to want water when I'm freaking about something) or substitute any healthy thing:ohwell: I hope your week turns out to be soooooo much better than you are anticipating.

Manda ~ Looking forward to a less hectic schedule for you! Keep up the good job!

Anita ~ how are the horses? Is the rope keeping them from dropping apples in the drive? LOL.

April ~ be patient, give your body time to process all the changes your are imposing on it ~ It has to learn to trust that you are doing the right things for it. It will all work for you if you continue to work for it!

Maria - 2 pounds is FANTASTIC! Slow and steady wins the race:drinker:

Prayerful - Is this your first child to graduate? I TOTALLY understand. I think I cried during my daughter's entire senior year! Four years later my baby graduated and I bawled for 3 months after. Now a year later, I LOVE being an (almost) empty nester. I LOVE watching my kids find their way and show off their good decisions and behave responsibly and reap their own rewards. The next phase is where we see the reward of raising healthy, productive, beautiful people:heart: (And your support is the most important ~ I'm sorry for the crappy people that should be supportive now and are just missing out!)

PJ - way to exercise! YGG!

Cyndee - Yaaaaaayyyyy self esteem boost! Nothing feels better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun with your family!

Sheila - I always said I was one of two things for my family - either their pack mule cuz I always carried everything, or their cab service cuz I was always hauling them around. Makes things hectic, I know ~ :grumble:

CJ - Hope you have a good week too! You are off to a great start!

Dwray - How's the knee????? Need to know how you are!! What did the doc say??

Everyone else - hi!!!

okay, chalking my month of May up to laziness, stress, crazy schedule and all sorts of other excuses. I am virtually flat on loss for the month!!!! The whole stinking month!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody needs to take my slipper to ME!

Later gaters!:heart:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Morning, all. I just got up at 11. I have a bad hangover - from sugar!!! I ate two piees of cake (had to try each kind!) and I had enough calories for what I ate last night, but then hubby (who was very buzzed from alcohol) wanted a cheeseburger and fries, so I drove thru the drive thru on the way home, didn't tempt me at all... until he started eating it. So I ate half the fries, probably, and 1/3 of the burger if not half. THAT put me over calories (although technically, maybe those are TODAY'S calories, LOL) and did not help with the sugar hangover, because those carbs turned into sugar. So I feel sluggish, tired, headachey - very much like an alcohol hangover except not one drop passed my lips! That's too funny to me, I feel worse from food hangovers than i ever do from alcohol...

Learned something, I will share even if it's TMI because it might be something you didn't know, either. As you know I had severe problems with being blocked up for a week... dr said, take miralax twice a day until it passes... i was taking my fiber and fish oil.. and still nothing. Was getting quite concerned that they were wrong and there was a problem there, so I did some research on the internet. Discovered that depending on what the cause of your constipation is, there are about five different kinds of laxatives that all work differently and will only work if a particular cause is the problem. I didn't know that. So I switched to a different type of laxative and everything is fine. After over a week of nothing, talk about carrying extra weight around, sheesh. But now I know that if one doesn't work, try a different kind - example Miralax is one type, Correctol is another, Milk of Magnesia is another type - and you should get success.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Lulu the rope is working on keeping them off the property however this morning they were back and dropped right in front of the rope..OH well, they are so pretty and the babies are awesome. I'd put all of them on our property and feed them and give them shelter but its an expense we can't afford and when I talked to the BLM about adopting them they said $150 each.. HUH they are wild.. BLM has so many horses they are talking about euthenizing them... Why can't I just have 10... Greedy I tell ya.

Well my night.. Huh where do I start.. We went to a graduation party, I didn't eat anything bad.. But I drank again.. Ugg.. Threw up all the way home and have still been throwing up this morning.. I stepped on the scale and was down another 2 lbs.. I'm not going to log it since I am sure it's dehydration... I'm done with the boozing for a while.. A long while.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Evening Team...

Hope your Sunday went great...well I had my hubby take the t-shirt to work to give to my son since they work at the same place on the weekend.. he called me and said its cute..i said well i hope landon gets to wear it.. he said he will.. I would like to see that day!!!! I didnt send the earings I got for his girlfriend cuz i dont think she deserves them...

today I vacumed the pool 2x watered the garden.. and that is about it!!! i did cook the bacon for breakfast and I did make the sweet potato's for dinner.. but my mother did the rest of breakfast and hubby did the rest of dinner!!!

My right leg has been going numb from my knee to my hip for some un-known reason.. I need to go to the dr. but since we are short on cars its just hard for me to get there cuz that dr. takes forever and a day when you go..but I really need to make time this week to get it checked out... do you know how your mouth feel when you go to the dentist and he give you a shot??? well that is what my leg feels like..and it randomly does it weither I am standing sitting or laying down.. so I have no clue why or how to get it to stop..

LuLu - I hope this month will be a better month for you...Kriti and I will be glad to use your slipper on you!!! LOL..

sorry I am having issues with my computer so its going to be hard for me to log is as offten as I want until I get my computer back...

I think its going to computer heaven..

sheila
  • stillkristi
    Hi team! How are you all? Yesterday was such a drag at work. We had this staff retreat that just sort of blew up! Social workers and their feelings..... :noway: Geesh! Ok, and on top of all that, no exercise yesterday. But I am pleased to report, the eating is still under control. I have been struggling to drink all my water, so that and regular exercise are my goals for this week. We have two more weigh ins at work for the biggest loser contest - tomorrow and two weeks from tomorrow. I wonder if I can lose another 13 pounds before the last weigh in? That would be a total of 80 lbs since starting in February. I'm kind of feeling like my body is ready for a change from its routine. Strange, I don't really know how to describe it. I can just feel like I need to make some changes. Any ideas?

Hey, Cyndi - add a little fresh mozzarella cheese to your tomatoes, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar; and you have the best salad in the world!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Sheila, it sounds like a pinched nerve, do get it looked at, and also you might want to try acupuncture. Hubby had a pinched nerve in his arm from a trucking accident that killed his dad and nearly him when he was 11, and he never had feeling in part of his hand or arm since that day. Drs told him it would take this and that surgery and he'd only get partial use back, etc etc. Well he went to an acupuncturist and after ONE treatment he got the feeling back in his hand after 20+ years! It lasted for over six months before he needed another treatment. I always thought that was a crock until that moment... but there's something it does do!

Hope you get your computer back up and running. Since hubby's my computer geek (although I can do it perfectly fine myself, he won't let me because I do it "differently") when my computer's acting up I get really frustrated with him because it's my lifeline to the world sometimes! I'd send him out there to ya in the postal express box if he'd fit in the 8.95 one... LOL
  • Hey Team
    Not much going on here. Hit the exercising hard today. Burned 1515 calories. Exercising really help - I felt better but gotta try now to get it back in my daily routine. I need to start real concentrating a lot on this walk too. It is two week from this past Saturday. It is in my heart and mind a lot. My accomplishments in this walk will mean a lot to my friend and a lot to me as I will be carrying and honoring the list of names you all sent me. Not that he expects me to do the whole thing - he see it as being able to do something for cancer. He is still struggling hard with acceptance and that there will be any hope. Ya he is in my heart a lot.

Sheila - I did add your other name to the list. Your garden sounds fantastic girl.

Lulu - I will have to turn to water - thanks I needed that. Thanks for the wishes on the week - I may be selfish but I need a good one.

Adopt4 - thanks for information on laxatives - that is helpful to know.

Cyndeebee - You ok girl? My daughter called this morning to say it is going to snow Mom. She is in Montana and I saw on news where North Dakota got snow. Is it still cold up there?

To the rest of you, hi - hope you had a good successful weekend. If I am missing in action this week - going to try and concentrate on exercising - walking a lot. It already looks like we will be going in early each night and working 1/2 night on Thursday. So bear with me - if I am around may just say hi and keep caught up on post.

Well Good Night Gang - gotta roll here in a few. Early tonight cause I will be running the 5 computors tonight instead of pulling.
  • For most this is a repeat post but I wanted to repeat it for some who maybe didn't catch it before. If you have given me names and thought of more just post them. Thank you for letting me post this again

This is something that has been on my mind for a few days now - so I am going to say it. As most of you know, I told you that my friend has cancer and is not dealing with it well - well I found out another one of my close friend's wife has lung cancer. My mom past 16 years ago of bone cancer and a best friend of mine died of lung cancer. So I have to decided to walk one of the local counties Relay for Life Walk - you walk from 3pm to 6am to raise money for cure for cancer. You all have been so helpful and kind to me - this thread is the biggest reason I am succeeding in my lifestyle change - and I mean that. I have fallen so many times and I firmly believe without everyone of you all I would have not gotten back up a lonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time ago. To say thank you to you all, if you would like to post or send me a message of a name of a love one, family member or friend who has any type of cancer or past on of cancer, I would like to make a list and carry it in my pocket and in my heart the day I walk. I will walk in memory or for a cure to be found for every name you send me. This would truly be an honor to me and just a small small way of saying thank you for everything you have done for me. This includes everyone who post or has posted in this thread - whether it be one time posting or you have been here the whole 17 weeks. Thank you very very much
  • cyndeebee
    Hmmm...I went over on calories today, and every bone and muscle in my body is SCREAMING!
    I think I'm just going to go to bed now (at 9) and hope I wake up to a better day.

Good night all.
    (indianagranny...It's finally warmed up here.)
  • stillkristi
    Lisa, you're just amazing!
    For most this is a repeat post but I wanted to repeat it for some who maybe didn't catch it before. If you have given me names and thought of more just post them. Thank you for letting me post this again

This is something that has been on my mind for a few days now - so I am going to say it. As most of you know, I told you that my friend has cancer and is not dealing with it well - well I found out another one of my close friend's wife has lung cancer. My mom past 16 years ago of bone cancer and a best friend of mine died of lung cancer. So I have to decided to walk one of the local counties Relay for Life Walk - you walk from 3pm to 6am to raise money for cure for cancer. You all have been so helpful and kind to me - this thread is the biggest reason I am succeeding in my lifestyle change - and I mean that. I have fallen so many times and I firmly believe without everyone of you all I would have not gotten back up a lonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time ago. To say thank you to you all, if you would like to post or send me a message of a name of a love one, family member or friend who has any type of cancer or past on of cancer, I would like to make a list and carry it in my pocket and in my heart the day I walk. I will walk in memory or for a cure to be found for every name you send me. This would truly be an honor to me and just a small small way of saying thank you for everything you have done for me. This includes everyone who post or has posted in this thread - whether it be one time posting or you have been here the whole 17 weeks. Thank you very very much
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Lisa, you're just amazing!
    For most this is a repeat post but I wanted to repeat it for some who maybe didn't catch it before. If you have given me names and thought of more just post them. Thank you for letting me post this again

I'm new to this thread, but I agree, that was beautiful. Reading that brought tears to my eyes. It reminds me of an article I read in my most recent Runner's World magazine. It was a beautiful article about how many runners and walkers alike don't do it for themselves. They do it for those in need or to support friends or family, and they proudly display that support on their backs or on their shirts, and sometimes, it is that support and love that keeps them going. I will keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers. I think what you're doing is so beautiful and kind and thoughtful and selfless...i will be sending you a message with a few names. Thank you for that post.