Does anyone else just not sweat?

Options

Replies

• alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever sweat. In fact, the only time I can induce a semi-sweat is when I do interval training on the treadmill.

However, I've never had enough sweat to wipe my brow.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why, but I can run for miles and hardly break a sweat. I can feel the lactic acid and be tired as help, but still no sweat! I see many posts "you haven't worked hard enough until you are drenched yaddayadda" But am I the only one who just doesn't?

After a 3 mile run and a cool down (it is about 60 out)

My brother teases me for it all the time xD

Yep.. I am cold all the time and I have to do 30 minutes on the elliptical just to warm up and get my veins pumped. Almost never sweat at the gym.

Edit: I was a sweaty pig most of my life, so this is strange indeed.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I sweat enough for all of us. Your welcome.

Same here :)
    preach! i was doing some tabata stuff during house commercials and was dripping when i was halfway through the first cycle!
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I sweat buckets but my sister doesn't sweat at all and has a really hard time cooling down when working out because of it. How much you sweat has absolutely nothing to do with how hard you are working out. Is has to do with how your body regulates its temperature to stay in homeostasis.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Nope! I don't sweat either and it gets on my nerves :angry: . Especially when I am really hot and would welcome the relief I would get by feeling the air, which you don't feel when you don't sweat!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Lucky you!

I sweat so much that there are no pit stains. The entire shirt is darker shade when I am done w/ my run. :embarassed: :sad:
    I sometimes lose 4-5% of my total body weight in sweat during a run.
  • michaelaleighfle
    michaelaleighfle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i don't either! i realized i just turn red all over and my fingers swell and i cant get my rings off.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I don't usually even turn red D: It looks like im not doing a thing sometimes xD
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat either! Turbo Jam, or Salsa classes for 1 hour, elliptical for 45 mins, or a flippin' horrendous summer heat wave, it doesn't matter. Nooo sweat!!! but I do feel like my blood is boiling, it's awful! On the up side, there's never any embarrassing wet pits & make up doesn't slide off my face! lol! :laugh:
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I sweat but not that much. I can bike as fast and hard as I can for a full hour and be tired, feel the burn, and barely be damp. I think the only time I can ever remember breaking a normal sweat was in high school exercising outside literally all day in over 100 degree weather....in black clothes. So, it takes a lot.
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @ Sargeant, how high do you get your HR up to when exercising? I guess when I go light (140 - 145 bpm) I really do not sweat to much but on my hard days I push up to and over over 100 percent of my max HR for an hour and then the sweat pumps kick in. At your age you should be max at about 200 bpm, try to hit 85 to 90 percent of that and keep it there for 30 minutes, see if that brings sweat. Hydrate first, don't want you to pass out.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I hardly swear either. I do get the swollen hands though. Not sure what that means.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    @ Sargeant, how high do you get your HR up to when exercising? I guess when I go light (140 - 145 bpm) I really do not sweat to much but on my hard days I push up to and over over 100 percent of my max HR for an hour and then the sweat pumps kick in. At your age you should be max at about 200 bpm, try to hit 85 to 90 percent of that and keep it there for 30 minutes, see if that brings sweat. Hydrate first, don't want you to pass out.

My HR usually is around 170s for my normal workouts so its in that range actually! xD
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I barely sweat. I've always been like idk why.
  • Carlito21
    Carlito21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    depends on the person; i sweat a lot but nif you dont that doe not mean its bad. thats the way you atre!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I sweat plenty. Though the other day I was on the threatmill and had a big fan pointed right at me. I was barely sweaty at all afterwards.. must have evaporated right off.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to know how many of us, none sweaters have low BP, I know I do! :smile:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I glisten.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I hardly sweat. I live in Florida so it's very hot here (it was 85 when I went running at 5pm today). I'll get some light sweat on my forehead, but that's all, and I'm assuming that's just from the heat. No body sweat ever :P
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I sweat buckets. I will share with you. It is truly embarrassing.