All 5'7 Girls

Options
14567810»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,853 Member
    Options
    @noodlesno is correct, and thanks for sharing that.

Like her, I lift weights (not particularly heavy but I work hard for what I do). Even at 20+ pounds lighter than her, my body fat is considerably higher than hers, low 20’s, and the more weights I do, I simply get lankier and leaner, with “long” muscles, instead of her nice results.

It’s all down to genetics and activity.

Furthermore, at my lighter weight, any “pack” I’ve got is covered by a thick layer of extra skin, so it shows as a pudgy-pack (😂😂😂can I trademark that?) which I don’t care about for two reasons: my age, and following a painful, slow-healing reduction in my late 40’s, no way in hell I’m repeating any kind of skin removal unless it’s life or death.

My husband, who is also on MFP, is still in the obese category, despite his tiny little butt, slim legs, and ballerina ankles, because of his broad, broad shoulders, which optically minimize his tummy. You’d probably not think “obese” if you looked at him.

I sincerely hope you’ll check back here or be active in the forums @mynameisnewmie

And @noodlesno that has to be one of the best profile pics on MFP. You go, girl!!!!!!
  • mynameisnewmie
    mynameisnewmie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For sure. That's always good advice. I always reassess along the way, but it is important, I think, to have a goal you can adjust based on past weights.

The last two times I lost weight it was after my kids' births. I went from 220 to 145, which was almost where I wanted to be.

That being said, my body has changed since then and it's hard to say how everything will be distributed this time. I'm never going to have the time to work out and build muscle or abs, unfortunately, so I definitely won't be in the higher range for 5'7".

I'm tracking my weight loss and measurements each week to see where the weight comes off and at what lb intervals because I find how and where weight loss happens fascinating (in case any other 5'7" women find their way to this dead forum I revived)! I really need to figure out how to get around on this site better!

My starting measurements were 40-35-41 at 190.4
    Second week 39-34-40 at 183.9
    Third week starting today 39-33-40 at 180.6

Nice to e-meet you both and thanks for the well-wishes!