Welcome me to Maintenance :) Reached my goal!

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
Today I weigh 140 lbs :bigsmile: :noway: Wowzers.... I'm really happy and excited :)

But I need some tips from people in the maintenance stage. My maintenace calories are set at 1750 cals a day, plus exercise calories. I've been eating 1300-1400 cals plus exercise calories. Should I raise my intake slowly, or all at once? How did you guys do it?

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! CONGRATS!!!!! I bet you feel great now!! You sure look it from your pics!!

I only have about 4 lbs left to go as well so i will be watching this to see what people suggest to do!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats! You are going to feel amazing for your wedding, I'm so excited for you! I'm not where near my goal, so I can't help there, but congrats, congrats, congrats!
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    YAY FOR YOU!!!!! BIG HUGS AND HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND!!! It so exciting to hear of your accomplishment, you must be thrilled!!! I love it when hard work pays off and you are proof to anyone having a bad day that this can be accomplished!!

Congrats and enjoy your victory.

Good luck in maintenance.

216838.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That's awesome! :bigsmile:
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've increased my calories steadily since the beginning in order to make it easy when I'll have to maintain my weight.

I'd suggest you do the same, adding 350-450 cal/day suddenly might trick your body into putting the "extra calories" in reserve which you probably don't want :P

Nice job, I'm proud of you!
    In fact, I'm really proud of everyone! Each step toward a better health deserves my respect :D
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. You must be really proud of yourself to see all that hard work paying off. Those are really good questions. I'd like to see the answers too. I just reached my goal also and started maintenance this week. I'm really nervous about introducing more calories into my diet. I was on 1200 since January and MFP has raised my calories to 1500 to maintain. I don't know if I should just jump right into 1500 calories or gradually raise my level. I'm glad you brought up these questions. Good luck on your maintenance journey and keep me posted. I'd love to hear how you're doing and what you're doing.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Do about 100 every two weeks, you should be fine. It takes about 2 weeks for the body to adjust to a change in eating patterns.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Great Job, your an inspiration. Let us know how the maintenance works out.:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

ok, slow and steady with the maintenance calories! got it! I thought I'd be nervous to eat more, turns out I'm excited :laugh:
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!! :drinker: I knew you could do it!!!! You look AMAZING and you're going to be absolutely stunning in your wedding dress!! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Do about 100 every two weeks, you should be fine. It takes about 2 weeks for the body to adjust to a change in eating patterns.

thanks for the info!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! you ROCK!!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kerri!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Big congratulations to Kerrilucko and Hopeitworks - apparently it did work :laugh: Good job guys!! :drinker:
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! Its good to hear and I like the suggestion to slowly add in the extra calories. That way, besides fooling your bodies metabolism.....you can track your weight sanely without having to freak out over any potential relapse! Good work!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! What an accomplishment!!! Good luck on your maintenance phase. I'm hoping to be there someday, too.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS
    I would also increase cals by 100 every week or 2
    Just to give u an idea.....what works for me is eating 1800-1900 cals a day period.....net.....
    If I eat more than 2000 regardless of my work outs, I will gain

Just my .20
    good luck
    kim
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Today I weigh 140 lbs :bigsmile: :noway: Wowzers.... I'm really happy and excited :)

But I need some tips from people in the maintenance stage. My maintenace calories are set at 1750 cals a day, plus exercise calories. I've been eating 1300-1400 cals plus exercise calories. Should I raise my intake slowly, or all at once? How did you guys do it?

That is so great! You are beautiful! :flowerforyou: I am guessing you will have to have your wedding dress altered down quite a bit!

Sorry I can't give you advice on the maintenance cals. Just wanted to say congrats! :bigsmile:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am so happy for you. :flowerforyou:
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Congratulations!! I have been upping my calories a little at a time. It seems to be working so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!