being late

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I think its funny for people to put expectations on others. When I am late, it really has nothing to do with you, nor is it about or even involve you. I am late. That's all. If there is a dependency, you need to make that clear, like, boat leaves the dock at 12:00 noon Sharp. Otherwise, there's no point to being on time if there is no dependency on it. A have a friend that gets mad when his party starts at 3, and you show up at 4. Who gives a sh@t? It's a party. It doesn't matter.

Ugh. You people are UPTIGHT!

Wow, really? So you're telling me that it's ok to tell a friend that you'll meet them for lunch or say drinks at a certain time and then show up an hour or more late? That's acceptable?

That's just plain rude.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Actually, if I'm supposed to meet someone out somewhere and they're late, I don't care because I can keep busy....but if I'm at home and waiting for that person to show up because we're headed out somewhere....then I can't stand waiting because I could be doing something else or getting things done instead of waiting around for you \m/
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am habitually early...this trait is equally as bad. I show up to parties before the host is ready, waste gas trying to kill time not to be early, catch people in embarrasing situations....Many of my friends are always late, but I know to expect it and can overlook it because they are my friends. life happens, time gets away from people...someone being late is not a personal attack on whoever they are meeting, unless that person has a stick somewhere then it might be deserved.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    if its a bbq and you are signed up to bring something and you are habitually late in my family, yo' *kitten* better be bringing dessert cause you will get cut!
    Once someone gave my sister the tardy queen the task of bringing plates! Plates! Never again. She brings dessert.

being habitually late is rude. period.

my 7th grade teacher made me write sentences over and over again because I was constantly late to her class. Repitition is the mother of all learning.
    My sentence was "Punctuality is a good trait. Therefore I will be prompt".

Im never tardy for the party!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I am habitually early...this trait is equally as bad.
    So true. In some situations it's better to just sit in your car until it's almost time to arrive. We just did a lot of interviews at my company and a couple of people showed up 20 minutes early. That did not impress the interviewer who had to drop everything to see them.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think its funny for people to put expectations on others. When I am late, it really has nothing to do with you, nor is it about or even involve you. I am late. That's all. If there is a dependency, you need to make that clear, like, boat leaves the dock at 12:00 noon Sharp. Otherwise, there's no point to being on time if there is no dependency on it. A have a friend that gets mad when his party starts at 3, and you show up at 4. Who gives a sh@t? It's a party. It doesn't matter.

Ugh. You people are UPTIGHT!

Parties are different because you are pretty much expected to be late. I showed up on time for a party once and got yelled at because they weren't ready. But in most circumstances there is a little bit of dependency.
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    There's an old saying: If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I always liked my daughter's choir directors matra: Early is on time, On time is late, and Late is unacceptable. :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am habitually early...this trait is equally as bad.
    So true. In some situations it's better to just sit in your car until it's almost time to arrive. We just did a lot of interviews at my company and a couple of people showed up 20 minutes early. That did not impress the interviewer who had to drop everything to see them.

This happens a LOT at my job. Everytime it happens HR makes a huge sigh along with some comment as to why they are so early. (it's usually 20-30 minutes too early)
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    I advise you to stay away from Spain, then! :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    if its a bbq and you are signed up to bring something and you are habitually late in my family, yo' *kitten* better be bringing dessert cause you will get cut!
    Once someone gave my sister the tardy queen the task of bringing plates! Plates! Never again. She brings dessert.

being habitually late is rude. period.

my 7th grade teacher made me write sentences over and over again because I was constantly late to her class. Repitition is the mother of all learning.
    My sentence was "Punctuality is a good trait. Therefore I will be prompt".

Im never tardy for the party!

Buahahaha! Maybe that's why I always sign up for the dessert...
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I get so pissed at myself when I'm late for anything. Even if it's from things I cannot control, like traffic. I just hate it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Never late!!!! Ha!!! :tongue:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I advise you to stay away from Spain, then! :)

And Italy.
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    I HATE being late anywhere. I never am unless I have to go somewhere with my mom. She's the reason I hate it so much in the first place. I am always between 15-20 min early.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You should take a pregnancy test to be sure.
  • LOLTrish
    LOLTrish Posts: 37
    Options
    I know of several people who haven't gotten past the first interview at a job because they arrived late. My boss even told me that a woman arrived late to an interview and then later made a comment about her qualities and being on time/prompt was one of the ones she listed. Ridiculous! My belief is that if you arrive at the exact time you said you'd get there, you're still late. I pride myself on arriving at least 5 minutes early where ever I go and set aside 20-30 minutes of driving time for anything more than 8 miles away.

I think a lot of it has to do with me having a friend who always arrived anywhere from 30-60 minutes late regardless of the importance that she arrive on time, I saw it as disrespectful and just a complete annoyance.

Who would actually show up late to a interview and actually think they even have chance at the job? If I have someone show up late to a interview you mid as well turn around and walk back out because you have no shot with me.
  • jen52906
    jen52906 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am usually on time, my husband is usually late. So, if it is something that I MUST be on time for, I drive myself. That's how we have stayed married for 23 years!! And, he is usually late because he wants to finish up some sporting event on tv.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    didn't read all the comments so someone may have already said this but...

If you're early, you're on time; if you're on time, you're late.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    To me, if you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. That's how it is with the Air Force.