Do women not look at the toilet first...

Options

Replies

• jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why it's only polite for a man to leave it down but not for a woman to leave it up. Courtesy works both ways. When I was just dating my husband and I was at his place, I always put the seat back up since it was his place.

I'm more concerned that you actually aimed for and got it all in the bowl.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is just people trying to be cute. If you want your life to be easier then ask... you never know :laugh:
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I pee in the shower, it's so much easier.

it really is! and you can practice peeing standing up too.

lol, I do my body weight squats while I'm peeing in the shower, too.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I am 100% on your side here. And do they not look as they leave it??? You wouldn't believe what I have to clean after other women at work use the restroom. CHECK before and after people!!!!!!!!!!! Gross. lol

THIS!!!! omg I work with a bunch of freaking barn animals. Seriously ladies... don't hover just sit on the damn seat like a normal human being.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    My 16 year old daughter sat in the toilet in the middle of the night a few weeks ago and couldnt get out. Man, you would have thought we had a murderer in the house the way she screamed. Funny as hell!!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    But I still want the seat down because I don't like to touch the seat unless I'm there to clean it with gloves on. OCD.

This is what my fiancee explained to me too in regards to why she wants me to put the seat down. Apparently it's fine that I have to touch it though =P
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Yes....but, I'm a clutz and when I go to pee in the middle of the night and the nightlight casts a funky shadow it makes it look like the toilet seat is down. Or when I'm doing the funky chicken because I have to pee so bad, my mind plays tricks on me and makes me think it's down.

Good men should just give in to a woman's uncertainties and put the f*#^$)@ toilet seat down to save us the embarrassment.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I generally look at it unless its the middle of the night and Im half asleep... Not a great sudden wake up
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yes I look. It's not something that I will always remember to do though, I don't expect to have to check every time.
    So occasionally if it's dark and I've just come down in the middle of the night to use the toilet, I won't. I wouldn't like to be woken up by falling in the toilet!! (I don't actually fall in, but almost!) Thankfully my bf has never failed to put the seat back down in the whole 6 years I've know him :happy:
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I was sleeping on the couch at a friend's house. The roommates were three dirty, dirty men.

I was drunk as a skunk, it was pitch black, and I accidentally sat down on the toilet with the seat up. I did NOT fall in. I balanced momentarily then got up, put the seat down, and went on with my life.

If I can manage that while intoxicated, I think most females should be able to handle themselves sober.

Just sayin'.

I was just about to post my drunken toilet seat was left up story...only mine ends with me at my dads house drunk with my butt stuck in the toilet because he had left the seat up...you must be so much more graceful than I have ever hoped to be!
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    My 16 year old daughter sat in the toilet in the middle of the night a few weeks ago and couldnt get out. Man, you would have thought we had a murderer in the house the way she screamed. Funny as hell!!!

That happened to my cousin when I was a kid. I got a concussion because I literally fell in the floor and hit my head due to laughing so hard.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    In the middle of the night I don't turn on the light so as not to fully wake...

Men really will look to shift blame in the great toilet seat debate. We sit all the time, and you sit some of the time. More sitting is done than standing therefore the seat should stay down.

God forbid the woman drives the car and doesn't move the seat back and you bang your knees. THAT is totally unacceptable, but it's all our responsibility to make sure our vaginas stay out of the damn toilet water.

:noway:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am oddly turned.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

hahahaha you made me laugh !
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I live alone so the seat is ALWAYS down...and even though I am going to my own toilets, I still look at the seats out of habit ( I have two brothers)... So yea..I dont get the arguments either lol...When approaching a toliet, its normal to look at the toliet first before sitting down. :flowerforyou:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I was sleeping on the couch at a friend's house. The roommates were three dirty, dirty men.

I was drunk as a skunk, it was pitch black, and I accidentally sat down on the toilet with the seat up. I did NOT fall in. I balanced momentarily then got up, put the seat down, and went on with my life.

If I can manage that while intoxicated, I think most females should be able to handle themselves sober.

Just sayin'.

I was just about to post my drunken toilet seat was left up story...only mine ends with me at my dads house drunk with my butt stuck in the toilet because he had left the seat up...you must be so much more graceful than I have ever hoped to be!

LOL truthfully I'm about as graceful as a train wreck.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    so wait....does the lid have to be down too? Because if that is the case, why do men have to check for that when we stumble in half awake?

And when it is dark, I prefer to use pee and listen-style echolocation.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have kids. One that has only been potty trained for half a year. I HAVE to look at the toilet before I sit down. I do it no matter where I go. Plus, my family loves to play pranks. Gotta make sure I'm not going to end up peeing all over myself or getting powder all over my @ss lol.
  • Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

it really is! and you can practice peeing standing up too.

lol, I do my body weight squats while I'm peeing in the shower, too.

Multitasking!!! awesome!