Do women not look at the toilet first...

Options

Replies

• supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I pee in the shower, it's so much easier.

it really is! and you can practice peeing standing up too.

snorted water up my nose. love this.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    When living in a male and female house hold 3/4 of the bathroom releases require the seat be down, it's practicality. I hated living with a dude because growing up my dad was the only man who lived with us long term but he had his own bathroom, we had guys who lived with us (long and weird story) but the rule was seat had to go down because once it didn't and I fell into the toilet while peeing in the middle of the night, I was little and had no idea that boys didn't pee like me...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    ladies.. its not all about you.

do you have any idea what I have to go through every morning?? its like this:

426172_362887263734312_231873363502370_1105534_617416908_n.jpg
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7, and is a total klutz. She walks into walls, poles, street signs, falls off curbs, I mean, it's ridiculous. And, no, she doesn't have a problem. She just can't focus on more than one thing at a time. Suprisingly, she was excellent at gymnastics. When she focuses on one thing, she does really well. But, just a few weeks ago, she was talk to me as we were walking down the street, and she fell off the curb, and feel onto a parked car. I was like, WTF! Yeah, she's one of those. So, I always put the seat down, because I know she would fall in at least once a day, if I didnt.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    In the middle of the night I don't turn on the light so as not to fully wake...

Men really will look to shift blame in the great toilet seat debate. We sit all the time, and you sit some of the time. More sitting is done than standing therefore the seat should stay down.

God forbid the woman drives the car and doesn't move the seat back and you bang your knees. THAT is totally unacceptable, but it's all our responsibility to make sure our vaginas stay out of the damn toilet water.

:noway:

Hey, I do my part when the gf is around. I leave it down when I'm done. But, if you're falling in, figure out why. Turn the light on.

Seriously, who wants to turn the light on when they are still sleeping... or at least in a state of sleep... and be blinded? Have you never turned a light one while you are still relatively asleep? Only then to turn it back off and be more blind than you where before... If that's the case, then I'm blaming you for me stubbing my toe on the furniture trying to make my way back to bed blind and disoriented.... Put the seat down.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options

:laugh: You'd be out of luck trying that in my house.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i dont care either way.. i can put it down when i need to and he can life it when he needs... when our daughter starts to potty train then we might have to revisit the topic till then mah...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Why don't people put the toilet lid down, like, as a general rule? I like walking in to a nice clean bathroom with a closed lid. And you never have to worry about accidentally dropping anything in there, either. So, it doesn't matter who does what during their restroom time at my house, because we all close the lid when we're finished.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I once had a patient that was brought in to the E.R. from a restaurant with a toilet seat glued to her butt. Someone put down some crazy glue before she went in. She didn’t use a seat cover or tissue or anything; Just plopped herself down. The very nice firemen unscrewed the toilet seat and brought her to us to take it off. I wonder if SHE looks now.

True story.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My husband leaves the seat up, so I always check, especially in the dark. He, unfortunately, went in one night needing to sit instead of stand, and fell in! It was freakin' hilarious! For some reason, HE didn't check to see that the seat was down. :laugh:
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options

bahahahah
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Why don't people put the toilet lid down, like, as a general rule? I like walking in to a nice clean bathroom with a closed lid. And you never have to worry about accidentally dropping anything in there, either. So, it doesn't matter who does what during their restroom time at my house, because we all close the lid when we're finished.

MK makes a good point, when flushing the toilet sprays germs, so you should close the lid so as to prevent spray from getting on things. I was just reading about this not that long ago.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    I did this last week at my daughter's house. Her son is 6 and he was the last one in the bathroom. I went in and saw that the seat was up. Turned around to prep myself and proceeded to sit.... without putting the $(*& seat down. Didn't go all the way in but that rim is quite cool. I have also walked in, usually when I r.e.a.l.l.y have to go, see the lid is down and proceed to sit on it anyway.

I don't really see the big deal about up/down either. If it's up, I'll put it down. If it's down, I'll sit.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Muahahaha I forgot that men actually leave it up. My husband has ALWAYS put it down. Maybe he doesn't even lift it up and just wipes if it gets on the seat. Either way, its always clean and the seat is down. :)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

But with the lid down all the time, we will have to wake up and lift up the lid in order to pee....THAT IS JUST RUDE!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My poor bladder is old and weak so by the time I get up in the morning, I have to pee really, really bad. By the time I manage to walk cross legged to the bathroom, turn on the light, pull down my underwear and try to sit on the toilet before I pee, I don't have time to check to make sure the seat is down too. Fortunately for me I have my own bathroom so I know the seat is always down.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The rule in my house is the lid must be down when flushing to keep the germs from flying all over the room... but with a 10 year old boy and his friends not only do I look, I inspect the seat... sometimes they don't lift it, and it's a mess! Gah!

I am generally the only one using the master batch which is nice.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    haha that's not my argument

Mine is the seat should be put down & the lid should be put down before you flush! When you flush tiny droplets of water spray out from the toilet (carrying whatever you did in the toilet) and land all over your washroom.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    How do you fall in b/c the seat is up? Shouldn't you look AT the toilet as you're walking to it?

I've never understood the whole "I fall in if the seat isn't left down" argument.

however, when the gf is in town, I do leave the seat down b/c it's polite. But I've never understood the arguments.
    I tend to take a running jump with my eyes closed, yank my pants down quickly, and land on the toilet in a perfect seated position,** so I hardly think it's fair to expect everyone to look before they sit.

** http://www.everyonepoops.net/