Do you ever call in sick when your not?

Options
1235»

Replies

• flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Nope. Not once. But my boss prefers us to just tell her the truth. "I need a personal day." And she's good with that.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I would be just calling myself...Thats no fun! besides, I know myself...I would say get your a** to work your not sick;-)
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Never, I get paid by the day, and if I miss one day I might miss the opportunity for 3 weeks of work!! I have never taken a sick day yet.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Never. I only call in when I'm sick of work.
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Yeah, too many times with fake coughs and all.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i don't......i'm afraid that if i call in "sick" when i'm really not, that i may actually get sick! crazy!!
    i am VERY lucky that i rarely get sick and in 14 yrs with this company have probably only called in sick 3 or 4 times! Have there been lots of days i wanted to?? YOU BET YA! lol
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    No never.

Except one time back when I had a part time job at a corner store, I asked that my shift be switched so i could attend my college graduation. Boss said no. So during the day before shift, I purposely had 6 crates of milk fall on my leg, injured myself to get out of it.

Thinking back on it, I should've just called in sick. At the time, lying about being sick seemed sacrilegious.