Eat the WHOLE Egg!!!

Options

Replies

• peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've never believed the yolk was bad for you, I could never understand why so many people believed that.

Also, this thread has really made me want to go make an omelette for dinner.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I want to try duck eggs

Are they are jam packed full of goodness as a hen's egg?

I do however bin the 80% of my yolks simply due to the calories
  • cshutes
    cshutes Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for that post! I've often times questioned if I was doing myself a favor or more harm then good, by eating a whole egg most mornings vs. a couple of egg whites (especially because I have high cholesterol in my family). I'm also going to switch to organic eggs as well. If I'm doing that for the bread and peanut butter, might as well do it all organic :) thanks again - very helpful.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Whole foods in general are better. Each part of the whole is always made to complement or balance the rest. Take something away and you are missing out.

Studies are now showing that natural fats from eggs and cheeses, etc. are not the bad guys when it comes to heart disease it is the chemical filled processed meats and other junk that we put into our bodies that is killing us.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great post, ive always eaten the whole egg, but felt a bit guilty about ut. now i don't have to !! thanks :happy:
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great post! I try to have at least 4/day.
  • carameldelightonly1
    carameldelightonly1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I Love Eggs! Thanks for the info :-)
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump! awesome post about eggs! i eat eggs almost everyday.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    I want to try duck eggs

Are they are jam packed full of goodness as a hen's egg?

I do however bin the 80% of my yolks simply due to the calories

we have ducks as well and the yolk is even more orange than the chicken eggs, they pretty much taste the same to me
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    also, if I recall, eggs contain all of the amino acids essential for our bodies
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of eggs. Sometimes I eat up to 4 for breakfast. I hate egg whites by themselves. Sofar so good.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    also, if I recall, eggs contain all of the amino acids essential for our bodies

Your right sir, the building blocks of muscle.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Lovely article. I totally agree with it. There's little to no evidence that dietary cholesterol influences serum cholesterol except in certain small populations (type 1 diabetics for example). I eat a whole egg just about every morning for breakfast. I consider them one of nature's superfoods.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Could never understand why people only ate the white, the yolk is the tastiest bit!

Also while I was pregnant and the morning sickness stopped me eating alot of foods eggs were my go to food, my doctor encouraged me to eat as many as I needed.

We have our own hens so nice cheap health food . If you have any ground space at all get a few. They are great for eating up left overs you may have in the kitchen. Kids love looking after them too x
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do 3 whole cage free eggs and like 5 egg whites
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    did anyone else lol when they saw the title of this thread at random? I did XD good post
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I do half and half. If I have 6 eggs three of them are whites three are whole.
  • PinkberryCream
    Options
    I wish I could have my own chickens, haha. I love eggs so reading this was good!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the entire post (will do it later) but I love eating whole eggs. I usually mix egg whites (to add extra protein without calories) with whole eggs.

Eating whole eggs is healthy IMO.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Love eggs!! :love: