What is YOUR motivation to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• sfranco1021
    Options
    My wife delivered our second baby eight months ago. She has lost 10 pounds in the last two months and she's looking great. I also gained a lot of weight, and I don't want to be left behind. She's looking great, and I want to support her by also getting healthy along with her.
  • jleb5
    jleb5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Baybee! My motivation to lose weight is my diabetes. I'm really overweight and have 100 lbs to lose. It's an uphill battle. I'm looking forward to being healthy again and wear a dress. I haven't worn a dress since I gained weight! Pathetic, huh? I just feel I look like a tamale with a rope around the waist. Good luck to us all. We can do it! :happy:
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise the end of next month. I want to look good in a bikini. I want him to be smug and happy that I'm all his. I want other girls to be jealous. I'm losing weight to have better self-esteem and to be happy when I see myself naked.

^^ This but change boyfriend to husband and also fitting into a box of skinny summer clothes taking up space in my closet.
  • 20togo4me
    Options
    20 year reunion is this year~ don't want to weigh what I did in HS. Just need to lose some JELLY! :)
  • jleb5
    Options
    I think it's great what you're doing! It's great motivation to do this with buddies. Keep it going! Good luck!
  • seljabyr
    seljabyr Posts: 11
    Options
    My boyfriend had heart surgery. We can help each other by eating healthier. I want to get fit so that we can be an awesome, active, sexy couple; when he's finally able to go out again, we'll pain the town red! We used to regularly go swing dancing before he got sick and I wouldn't have any other dance partner! Can't wait to try some new styles of social dancing as well! We have a looong to do list. ;)
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To live a long time in retirement so I can collect for all the years I gave serving others.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    because I'm fat, that's enough for me. I want to be health again and be able to maintain it if I get hurt again instead of using it as an excuse to get overweight again
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    To look good in smaller clothes and be healthier so Im around a long time for my kids.
  • jleb5
    Options
    I've been a yo-yoer myself. I know how it feels to want to fit into those clothes and such. You know what, I can honestly tell you I've avoided mirrors for the longest time. Guess, what? I looked into a mirror and along with some little lines ( note I said LITTLE ) I realized I have some nice and beautiful things. Try it you will find you are beautiful. Losing the weight, that's just the topping on the lowfat cake! :flowerforyou:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Remaining healthy. :smile:
  • jleb5
    Options
    I want to be able to go to Disney or Universal and not worry if I'll fit into the ride.
  • MrsRatz
    MrsRatz Posts: 5
    Options
    HAWAII!! I'm also looking for motivational friends to do this with. Currently half way to my initial goal loss of 67 pounds.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sexy people. Is that bad?
  • masigirl
    masigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    My motivation is to lose weight so I can do my last IVF...I've put on so much weight in the past 3 years with all the fertility drugs. I'm hoping to get healthy again and praying we will conceive..
  • Zardpack
    Zardpack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 this summer... I want to be at my best to usher in the new decade!
  • Jennifer873
    Options
    I have some of the same motivation! I really want to ..I need to ..get in shape before kids! I'm so tired of feeling miserable in my skin. I want to be able to look at myself with a smile : )
  • gingernutkaren
    Options
    I want to be fit and enjoy playing sports I used to play,.... it is also an exercise in boosting my self-esteem after a relationship break-up
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    My motivation started because my boyfriend cheated on me with a super skinny chick, but at this point I just love seeing what I can do to better myself and I've learned to love eating healthy and trying new recipes and I love exercising and how it makes me feel.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    My primary motivation is to have the healthiest body I can so I can hope to have healthy pregnancies and raise a happy family, and ultimately, live longer.
    A more time-specific motivation, however, is my desire to quit being compared to my teeny cousins who haven't even hit puberty yet :grumble:.