What is YOUR motivation to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• danoftroy
    danoftroy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At 64 years of age, married 43 years, my doctor told me my blood numbers were horrible and I was becoming pre-diabetic. At 6' tall, I weighed 260 pounds. I have worked since I was 16 years old and didn't want to die 6 months after I retire.

That was July 2011 and 4,000 pounds of lettuce ago.. I now weigh 204 pounds. My goal is 200 pounds or less. I know I am going to make it. As morbid as it sounds, I imagined myself lying in a coffin with my wife crying looking down at me.

Every time I was tempted by that donut or didn't want to exercise, I conjured up that image.

Hope that isn't too gross, but that is what worked for me. Now I want to catch "jenj1313" (below) on a trail somewhere and see the look as I go past. :smile:
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Too get healthy, feel awesome and look great!! And to love what I see in the mirror!:love:
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy so I can see my kids grow up and even meet my grand kids some day! Diabetes, heart disease and so many other things run in my family and I want to avoid those as well!
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    At 64 years of age, married 43 years, my doctor told me my blood numbers were horrible and I was becoming pre-diabetic. At 6' tall, I weighed 260 pounds. I have worked since I was 16 years old and didn't want to die 6 months after I retire.

That was July 2011 and 4,000 pounds of lettuce ago.. I now weigh 204 pounds. My goal is 200 pounds or less. I know I am going to make it. As morbid as it sounds, I imagined myself lying in a coffin with my wife crying looking down at me.

Every time I was tempted by that donut or didn't want to exercise, I conjured up that image.

Hope that isn't too gross, but that is what worked for me. Now I want to catch "jenj1313" (below) on a trail somewhere and see the look as I go past. :smile:

Definitely not too morbid! Good for you! Actually - this is kind of good motivation :) Thanks for commenting!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options

I'm glad that you've made it this far! CONGRATS!
  • Happyhealthybabe
    Options
    Hit hit that size 6-8 (Australian) I have kind of athletic legs so I'd be happy if my thighs didn't touch :) I'm getting closer everyday!
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    To be active with my kids and to feel SEXY:blushing: !!!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Being able to keep up when playing with my niece and nephew or my sister
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    at 47 I still want to be married again. I've been widowed 10 years and I want to look and feel good about myself. all my life my family has dubbed me the fat one and I'm tired of it.

I have 2 teens who need me around because their dad didn't make it... he didn't take care of his health. I'm it and I'm playing this game the right way!
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    To fit in my bridesmaid dress this month
    To be at my goal weight for my 30th birthday this year & our 5th anniversary cruise
    To be at a healthier weight before I get pregnant
    To reduce my cholesterol numbers
  • gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My motivation started when one of my three sister's started to lose weight. Of the sisters, she was the largest, with me second. When she started to lose weight all I could think was "I don't want to be the biggest sister", so I decided to try and lose some weight. I've lost 59 pounds and still have 7 more to go to get to the goal I set for myself. Confidence is my motivation now...knowing I can do anything I put my mind to, and I thank my sister for starting me on my journey.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    To be active with my kids and to feel SEXY:blushing: !!!!

this too!!! only I want to be able to out do my 2!!! lol!!!! they let me anyway. lol!!!
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    Bikini!!!
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 and I was thin in my teens but did nothing but gain weight in my 20's. Time to take back the old me. I booked a cruise for June to motivate myself. Started on here first week of March and lost 24 pounds so far. Feeling more and more like I might reach my goal by the cruise! Feeling great!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    1. The thought of shopping for a bigger size.
    2. Vacation in July with old friends.
    3. To feel better, look healthy, become fit.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    At first, it was because my boyfriend was going on a diet and I didn't want to be his fat girlfriend. Then, I looked at the bigger picture. I refuse to go up a size in jeans or shirts. I want to walk up a flight of stairs without feeling out of breath. I want to get my blood pressure down. I want to be in more pictures!! right now i totally avoid them. Heck, I just want to change this rut that I am in.
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Airplane Seats
    My Kids
    Better sexy times with my wife.
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I teach in a Military college and my students are FIT.
    So I want to be a good role model to them.

Also, I grew up in a home where weight and dieting was always an issue. And so although I am not married or have kids, I hope to have some one day, and I don't want them to grow up in a home like that. I want to take the time to develop healthy habits for myself so that I'll be able to pass them on, and stop this cycle of dieting, guilt, and unease with your body.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    A lot, I think...I gained 10 lbs in a span of 1 year and since childhood til college I was skinny, really skinny. I want to be physically fit to assist me with my job and to help with my back pain. Also this Oct is my sister's wedding, to look at my best! :) and I want to be in the healthy BMI, I'm overweight now.
  • purpleface
    purpleface Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't like feeling awful in my clothes. I want to actually FEEL good rather than look good. Comfort is a big thing with me. If I feel like my stomach is bulging over my trousers even though it probably isn't that bad, then I just don't feel confident. I've lost nearly a stone & the stomach is slowly retreating & this is good news for me. I feel better in myself! That is my motivation - to feel good.